5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to the hype
Published on 4 Aug. 2011 by C. Balkwill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to the hype, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Newborn-To-Toddler Portable Rocker (Baby Product)
I bought this for my son when he was about 2.5 months old as we had a basic bouncer chair from Asda and we realised that as he had got heavier, all his weight was being supported by the harness and was crushing his bits and bobs. Ouch! Initial impressions were good but soon started to agree with other reviewers that it's just too hard. The part where the baby's head goes is flat and hard but yet it is not solid enough to withstand daily use. After a few days his head made a hollow in it which he then rolls into every time he sits in it, causing pressure on the same part of his head each time. Today I have had to put a small soft teddy next to his head to keep his head out of that space on the chair. Also, when he kicks his feet they really thump against the edge of the seat. The padding should really have been extended around the edge of the chair. And like someone else said, my baby also gets really frustrated by the monkey and hippo. Not only are they too far away to reach but they seem to freak him out after about a minute (or less) and he gets quite aggravated. He is almost 4 months old now and he still reacts this way. Also they don't really 'do' anything. They have a really lame jingle that's not enough to excite even the most bored of babies I shouldn't think. Also, the edges of the feet on the chair are really sharp and scratchy and if you're like me and walk around bare foot, you're going to keep hurting yourself as you continually bang into the chair as you walk by in your sleep deprived state. I'm going to keep using the chair as LO seems to sleep OK in it and it's handy to sit him in while we eat but just be aware it does have its issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 23 May 2011
Great lie flat position for a newborn, soothing vibrations and rocking motion were soothing for our baby. As she got older it's been good for her to sit more upright but still be secure. The purple hippo on the toy bar was one of the first things our baby smiled at! Now that she is 7 months old she can reach forward and play with the toys. I've used this everyday, right from baby being a week old until now that she she is almost 8 months and I can see us going onto use it for a long time to come yet.
Cover is easy to remove for cleaning, which was especially useful when we first started weaning and hadn't yet brought a high chair.

ETA: At one year old my daughter enjoys climbing in and out of this chair, like a big girl! I would say that it's no longer safe to leave her strapped in while unattended as her she could use her weight to throw it over. I've pulled the straps through to the back so it is a toddler chair.

Love how the chair folds flat in seconds to store away.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for baby upto 9months ,after that its no good, 27 Feb. 2011
This chair is not suitable for babys 10months old and up ,as my son was able to wiggle almost out of the chair. He was lay upside down with chair on top of him on the floor on several occasions yet still strapped in. Fantastic product for young babies but could really do with a harness for a more active child. feels a waste for me as i bought this chair when my son grew out of bouncer and thought it be better for him as its suppose to be a toddler chair and now my son is 10month old i dont feel safe to put him init,was happy with everything else bout product but just think it could do with some harness/reins or something for extra safety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this chair!, 10 Jun. 2012
I am just selling my chair having used it for both my children and think its brilliant! I was amazed it didn't just get rave reviews!

It does require a blanket for newborns to make it comfy, but babies are sick so at least then it's on the blanket far easier to clean in time for the next time you need it in my mind!

It is a shame it doesn't have a bar along the front to make rocking easier but you get used it!

My son hated the toys and my daughter loved them, for me it could have done with removable toys or loops so you could change them round for other things! But it detaches easily so didn't really matter'

But it lies nearly flat to completely up right without waking baby which is fab!

It folds down really easily without messing around. And fitted under our bed which was great as we didn't have to trip over it when not in use!

The seat washes perfectly! I was amazed it took massive abuse from both children and looks new still!

Though it's a rocker it has fold out feet that make it really stable if you want to disobey instructions and put on the table!! Which baby loves if your trying to cook, iron live at normal height and still chatter away and coo at your baby! Or keeps your other toddler from helpfully rocking the sleeping baby!!

Vibrate is a basic function, does what it says on the box!! No bells and whistles but in my mind perfect though I would recommend rechargeable batteries! Tierd mummy's forget to turn it off when sleeping babies are lifted out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars little one adores this rocker, 12 May 2010
J. Akarsu (UK) - See all my reviews
At two months old my little one was desperately trying to sit more upright and on the normal bouncer her head was being moved about quite a lot and a few times she nearly slid off the edge. Too much of a worry...So I bought this chair and as soon as she sat in it her little face gave the biggest smile and a good half hour of coo-coo it is one of the safest chairs i have seen for quite little one's and am looking forward to her growing and getting a different perspective on the rocker. easy to fit together does appear quite a lot of plastic considering the cost but the releif of safety and seing little one so content makes up for that. the toys are not over fussy but enough to occupy without over stimulating and creating an upset little one, not a big fan of vbrate and melody on any chair don't see the need but hey ho,,, i am sure some parents are loving that feature. My 6 year old desperately wanted to try it and was most upset it was too little for her... thats how fun and comfy it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIVERY????, 7 Aug. 2012
I bought one of these for my son, when he outgrew his baby bouncer from another well known store. I was hoping to buy another one of these, as the other one was taken and used at Nana's house. It has been discontinued and the only one similar in most places is the fisher price one with a kickstand, (I have the old version as find it dangerous as the kickstand sticks out and my daughter trips on it). I was so pleased when I found Amazon still sold it as its a fantastic chair!!! Unfortunately imagine the look of dismay on my face when I found Amazons, dispatch note was DISPATCHED WITHIN 2-5 MONTHS!?!?!?! I mean really come on Amazon, you either have it in stock or you don't. If like me you are needing it as a necessity how can you possibly wait up-to 5 months for dispatch never-mind delivery. It is for this reason I will be looking elsewhere to buy one of these. Such a shame on the product and shame on Amazon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good points, some not so good., 6 Dec. 2011
I bought this before my son was born and have been using it for the past 4 months.

Bad points first:

It is suitable for a newborn but only if you place a folded bathtowel or blanket in the chair as a newborn's head would loll to one side otherwise. Also I agree with other reviewers who say the back of the chair is not sufficiently padded - my child actually does now have a slightly flat head at the back and I suspect the chair is partly to blame for that despite my best attempts to pad it out and make him change position regularly. Had I spotted this earlier on I'd have added another couple of layers of padding.

Also he is a tall 4 month old and the top of his head is now level with the top of the chair. I'm not sure what to do now. I can't prop the chair up on to the higher setting because he's only 4 months old and not stable enough to just sit in the chair but equally I can't bend him in the middle to make him fit! I think we may have to put it away for a month or so until he can sit up on his own then get it out again and use it in the more upright position when he's ready for it.

Good points:

We've used it every day. He naps comfortably in it and it's been excellent for helping his digestion in that he is slightly propped up and thus less sicky when he goes to sleep directly after a feed.

The monkey and hippo seem to entertain him - he's just worked out how to grab the rings and bash them about to make noises. Prior to that he seemed interested in them even though he wasn't coordinated to grab them.

It's very stable and robust. I've never felt he might fall out of it or injure himself.

The vibrate setting is helpful for getting him to sleep and the batteries I put in there are still going 4 months later so it's fairly economical with the power.

Would I buy it again? Yes. But I wish they'd sort out the padding.

3.0 out of 5 stars NEWBORN TO TODDLER ROCKER, 3 Feb. 2011
This chair was brilliant when my baby was only a few months old but as he reached 10 months he was able to wiggle almost out of the chair. He was led upside on the floor on several occasions yet still strapped in. Fantastic product for young babies but could really do with a harness for a more active child. Still like the chair though and will go back to using it when my little one is a bit older and hopefully stops trying to escape from it! Mixed feelings about it really, just think it could do with some harness/reins or something for extra safety.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fisher-Price Rocker Chair, 11 Mar. 2012
Good chair for older baby. Bright colorful design and robust. My baby is six months and we use it everyday for his naps after he got too big for his Bright Starts bouncer. Cover is washable. Toys on bar are attractive and a hit with our baby. Bar can be taken off and needs to be removed if rocking baby to sleep as toys swing making noise. Bonus is the fact we found we are able to attach our ELC buggy car wheel toy to chair to use in doors as sides are chunky and can take clamp attachment!

The not so good bits are: the seat padding needs to be thicker- we use blankets to pad it out. The hood has a curved metal bar which although has some padding could do with more. He has banged his head on it. It's tricky to rock- there really should be a bar across the front to so you can use your foot to rock. There is no music setting just a vibrate function. This is good and does help our baby fall asleep but many cheaper ones have music and a vibrate function and for this top end price you would expect both.

Over all love the fold away function and colorful design looks good and our baby likes it and actually plays with the toys! But it fails to deliver on some basic features. The lack of padding is major design flaw and for the price it is somewhat disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but a good buy!, 15 July 2011
S. Atkinson (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really good chair and we are glad we bought it but it isn't perfect!

Pros
- vibrate mode is good and helps him fall asleep
-easy to adjust positions
- folds down almost flat which is brilliant! We do a lot of travelling about and can put it in the car easily with all the other baby stuff to take to other people's houses
- easy to unclip the back to put it into a lying position when he falls asleep without disturbing him
- toy arm swings to the side so we can take him out of it easily
- will last him ages
- wipe clean
- easy to rock with your feet
- allows him to sit up and see what is going on
- if I am trying to multi task it is good to feed him in it whilst in the recliner position
- wipe clean

cons
- toys are pretty pointless - have to take the arm off when we're rocking him as the toys clang about. they are very hard plastic and not very exciting and he has shown little interest in them! But we do put his other toys on it when he is up playing in it
- extra cushioning needed for new born - could do with a detatchable head hugger! Our son has used it since he was six weeks old. The green plastic on the sides was level with our son's head so used to put soft toys either side to protect him but he is 3 months old now and is past that point.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›