on 11 August 2010
Our 2.5 year old daughter was very excited to see this in the shop. Her grandparents had the wooden brio type track which she really enjoyed when she visited so we wanted to pick up something different, so as not to spoil the fun at theirs, but also something new at home that would generate so much imaginative play as their train set.

These Chugginton trains don't fit on the wooden brio / tesco track unfortunately. But they are exactly the same width dimensions as the Take Along Thomas Range. Given some other poor reviews of the Chuggington track in terms of durability, design and connecting the pieces, we've purchased some Take Along Thomas plastic grey track which they fit on perfectly. And we picked up one of these which they go to sleep in (our daughter's favourite activity with any toy at the moment): Take Along Thomas & Friends Work & Play Engine Shed Playset (Although you can only get 4 of the Chuggington trains in this, rather than 8 of the Take Along Thomas' as the Chuggingtons are that bit longer.)

Ok, back to the toy.. It's really well made, fast on the floor and a really great design. I have a few worries about the durability of the connector however. There's no magnet, just a ball and socket joint on a wobbly arm. It works really well, no complaints so far (only 48 hours) but just wondered if they will snap after a while with young hands pushing them together. Initially not as easy as a magnet, but they stay together well and it taught our daughter a new skill.

We were thinking of getting the interactive Koko instead of this one: Learning Curve Chuggington Interactive Koko but it's quite a bit bigger, probably twice the width and height. It's therefore got a wider wheel base so may fit on the Wooden track but probably worth having a look at one in the shop before buying online. I think the interactive one might fit on Take Along track as there's so much width on this plastic track, but haven't tried it out.
on 3 January 2015
Much loved toys for our little boys who are big Chuggington fans. The only shame is that they are not sized to fit most standard wooden railways so cant drive on the tracks unless you buy the special Chuggington ones. As we already have a huge collection of Brio and Ikea tracks this is unlikely.
on 12 June 2014
My little one is obsessed with this little character from the series, he was screaming with joy when he bought this for him. Like all the other trains in the set, it's well made, just the right size for his little hands.
on 12 July 2012
My son has four of these, they are bright, well made diecast trains, just the right size for little hands. My son carries them around with him all day, a must for any little Chuggington fans.
on 2 August 2015
Not as described - the plastic version sent not diecast. The advert photo, packaging , detailed product description etc and even the reviews were for the diecast.
on 19 July 2013
My daughter loves these trains! we have quite a few and it's really good how they all link together.
Came well packaged and was good value for money
on 14 June 2010
My 3yr old boy loves chuggington and Koko is one of his favourites. This toy is durable and well made. We are now collecting the others in the range.
on 28 January 2013
I think these Chuggington trains are a lovely and colourful toy for children to play with. I bought my nephew a couple of the trains and a carry case to start collecting them in. He loves them and wants more for his forthcoming birthday. They feel well made and solid and are the right size for little hands to hold. The only reason that I didn't give full stars is that I do feel they are slightly too expensive.
on 29 November 2013
A bright little train from the Chuggington series that children seem to love I am sure my Grandson will love this.
on 29 November 2013
Again the kids love this we train, they just wont stop playing with it for the detail is brill just magic.