Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2011
As I couldn't find a book in a book store for this location I had to get a book on-line. I don't tend to do it as you can never get a full feel of the book, but as this holiday was a last minute thing the book ended up being a quick choice too.
Initially seemed ok, reasonable price, light weight so I went for it.
Unfortunatelly there was no section of things to do and to see just gerenal information. As we were travelling around the island we couldn't open a page for things we were seeing and read more into them. So it was left to collect the dust. Very disappoiting.
If you want more than just gerenal information about the island - this book is not for you.
on 13 February 2013
Martine Maurel is a mauritius-born French Graduate, who spent some years living in Malawi. She has written a number of travel articles and books which have been very well received, including Visitors Guide to Malawi and Visitors Guide to Zimbabwe. She has since returned to her native Mauritius, from where she still writes.

Hello!
The above has been written about me and is incorrect. I cannot figure out how to tel Amazon this other than to write a review and hope that someone will notice.
Firstly, I was not born in Mauritius. My mother was. Secondly, I have not yet returned to live in my so-called 'native' Mauritius, but I do intend to do so in the next few years.
Thirdly, the book needs to be updated, but as I signed away the copyright many years ago, I have no influence in this regard. I have written to the publishers but they have not replied.
kind regards
Martine
on 30 November 1999
I have yet to sample the delights of the Island but reading this very good guide makes me want to be there now. It is well presented, clear and colourful. The advice was succinct and to the point and also spends time on the surrounding Islands and how best to travel to them. This will be my mentor when I go there in January. The contents of this guide will stand me in good stead.
on 26 March 2011
The book was smaller than I imagined (it's difficult to judge when looking on the internet) but will be handy to carry around when on holiday. Not read it really yet but it looks good and has a plenty of photos and bits of maps to look at. I'm happy with it for the price and what I need it for.
on 7 August 2009
Our family used this for planning and getting around Mauritius. We found it an informative and up to date guide book. Thorougly recommended for travellers to this lovely island.
on 13 June 2013
Needs more information to make it a worth while buy. Only gives basic information and needs to be updated as soon as possible
on 8 September 2009
Visiting Mauritius later in the year, thought this gave a very good overview, with some usefull ideas.
on 21 June 2009
Compact and lucid, this guidebook gives a good overview of the island and also insightful comments on particular places.

We've compared it to other books (borrowed from the library!) and this one appears to shine above the rest. We've now to put it to the test when we visit the island in a few weeks time.
on 11 May 2015