Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 September 2015
this album is truly beautiful, delicate and sophisticated. Stacey Kent's beautiful french suits her refined and subtle singing. If you are feeling a little francophile, travelling to France or simply lining up a coq au vin, Stacey will provide the perfect atmosphere.
on 16 June 2011
Have just discovered Stacey Kent after finding out who was singing on the tv advert (Hushabye Mountain). Have Collection 111, which is great and have just ordered this cd after borrowing it from the local library. Love to hear her singing in French. Perfect to chill out to, in my case late at night. The arrangements are excellent and the tenor sax playing adds that extra "je ne sais quoi".
on 6 May 2011
This is one of the most beautiful jazz-flavoured albums I've ever heard.
Stacey Kent continues to grow into a singer of the first rank in a world that
has long been deprived of its Billies, Sarahs and Ellas. Hear her live!
on 19 May 2010
This album is to be treasured. Every song is beautifully sung and exquisitely arranged musically. I love it and have some personal favourites. Some of these songs were written especially for Stacey whilst others are a mix of classics from both the American song book as well as French pop. Thank you for this album - it has pride of place in my CD collection.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 October 2013
A sophisticated, relaxed and very intimate recording that would be great for late night listening, dinner parties or a Sunday morning, in fact any time when romance and style are called for. Craft, taste and charm all meet together on this all- French sung disc to make music that sounds that sounds at ease with itself without being knowing and slick.
Presenting a strong set of songs, sung in Stacey's by now familiar almost breathy whispering vocal style and supported by a wonderful band that are almost too discreet and tasteful for their own good, this album is a delight from start to finish. No clinkers here. My favourite tracks? 'Sait-on Jamais' and 'Lse Mal de Vivre' (with its beautiful piano backing), but there are plenty more tracks I could have chosen. Any fan of vocal music would enjoy this disc. Recommended.
on 8 June 2010
She just gets better and better.
Every song on this album is beautifully arranged and sung.
"Au coin du monde" and "La Vénus Du Mélo" are my favourites but that does no injustice to other ten.
Thanks Stacey, another exquisite album and certainly one for all Francophiles.
on 28 June 2011
This is great album by Stacey Kent, any one who likes great songs sung
by this fabulous artist should buy this cd. The backing group are top
class even though David Newton is missing on piano, but Graham Harvey
is terrific. I have many Stacey Kent albums, this certainly one of my
favourites and my opinion the best female jazz singer around, so go
out a buy it now !. By the way, I can't understand any of the lyrics,
but it makes no difference.
on 14 August 2011
anyone who loves french jazzy songs music should purchase / add Raconte-Moi by Stacey Kent & co. reminds us of the other new-world singer Blossom Dearie that made beautiful charming jazzy music with french lyrics even performed and lived in Paris. Beautiful arrangements, beautiful performed songs, some classics some new.
on 22 December 2010
Stacey sings beautifully as usual. This is one of her best yet. I only wish my French was up to understanding all the lyrics.
on 13 October 2010
Okay, it's all in French, and maybe that's why it's special as well as yet another showcase for Stacey. She could sing the phone book and it would be sexy, but in French? Even sexier...the clarity, the phrasing, the adherence to music as it was written, with no 'stylizing' which often detracts. Ah, Stacey...you and me in a darkened room. I say darkened, so I can't see your talented arranger and saxophonist husband to put me off....