on 3 September 2012
I couldn't really work out how to plant tomotoes upside down in it, but perhaps next year I'll get my head round that It does, however, house a couple of tomato plants happily and decoratively, so thanks.
on 2 June 2010
This is good value for money, quite a bit cheaper than other makes, although not quite as robust. Make sure the seeding is pretty small else it won't fit in the bottom of the planter. In addition it's really a 2 man job because it's very fiddly to get the base, sponge collar and seeding into the planter and keep it there whilst filling with earth. However once set up its easy to look after and slug free. I have used this for peas, beans, courgettes as well as tomatoes and so far all is working out very well.
on 29 June 2010
I bought this twin pack of upside down tomato bags, and received many hilarious comments from family & friends, no-one had faith! My crop is coming along nicely, with tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers all growing 'down' from my patio roof! I have grown all these before in the ground, and am a keen gardner, however the lack of work involved in these bags is amazing. Not for the 'serious' gardner, but my 4 grandchildren are loving watching the veg grow-I bought 2 more packs to give them for their own mini gardens-highly educational, and gives them a sense of how to grow.
on 12 June 2012
Using these in small garden. Strawberry plants doing great, and they are making the garden look really good. Easy to use and water. Don't forget, these are heavy when full, so you'll need to buy a bracket of sorts to put these up.
on 9 April 2011
Item arrived quickly. I have used one of the planters to grow strawberries and after a week they seem to be doing O.K. The other planter I will use to grow tomatoes, Tumbling Tom Red. Overall a good product for the price and space saving as I only have a balcony.
VINE VOICEon 15 May 2011
I am keen To develop our tiny patio and grow some vegetables so when I saw these I thought it would be a great opportunity to grow something in hanging bags and use the space better.

Based on the price and the reviews I knew not to expect too much, but these bags are very basic. Imagine a plastic bag with holes in it and a sponge at the bottom. It is not much more and because the sponge comes separate and there is also a pipe that needs to be place in the bag ... It is a job for two to prepare the bag and plant something.

It was an experiment and in my case it failed. The strawberries didn't do so well and any water I pour in comes straight out. Cannot blame the bag for that, but it is clearly not for dummies.

If youve tried similar bags before like potato bags ... Enjoy. Otherwise consider spending a bit more on something more user friendly.
on 9 January 2011
I used these this summer. Filled them with plants from every point. Care needed to ensure that the plants and soil are inserted so that when watered the water stays in the container. After adjustments during the season they worked very well and are ideal to use where space is at a premium.
on 24 September 2011
I am a very satisfied customer. All went very very well. Super value for money. When I need someting again I will check the shop. Many thanks so far
on 11 May 2011
About to start using them for the second season of tomatoes. Great crop last year, easy to use and no slugs got on to the tomoatoes.
on 29 May 2011
Nice product. It is always better to plant directly in the Earth, but this is a good and interesting concept.

See one answered question