on 2 January 2013
Had this desk for about a year now and it has been nearly perfect for what I needed it for. Only a few problems, not enought to bring it down to 4*.

1. On the right side, I had to smash out the panel with a hammer to fit my computer in.
2. It collects dust noticeably.
3. Recently upgraded from a 17" monitor to a 23.7" widescreen and I noticed a considerable lack of space.

I keep my 23.7" on the main part of the desk and my 17" on the platform where a printer is shown and it works fine and easily.

But if you keep on top of things, it can be very nice.
on 1 July 2013
This is my third desk in a year and not because I'm very picky - as a translator I work from home almost every day and it is very important for me to have a desk that is big enough for all the assorted paperwork and dictionaries, at a comfortable height for typing for hours and with decent leg space. This desk ticks all the boxes!

It also looks great, has plenty of storage space and it can be put together in a few hours by two people and one small screwdriver that comes with the desk. It was the most convenient flat pack I ever had to put together, all screws actually fit all the holes and everything is clearly marked and numbered. Extra star just for this.

I was also well impressed with the way all the parts were tetris-packed into two not very big boxes, so that my postman will not hate me forever for having to carry them.

Overall - I strongly recommend this desk if you're after a large, comfortable desk.
on 28 June 2015
The desk looks just like it does in the picture and it has a lovely finish to it, which feel lovely. Unfortunately, there is quite a lot of holes which are off by a few millimetres, which may not sound like a lot, but is crucial between something fitting and having to force something into place or not fitting at all. I spent a lot of time having to redriling some holes or forcing pieces into each other because the holes would not fit. Other than that, it's great piece! I love that they give you spare screws and a screwdriver too! A lovely little touch that they didn't have to do!
on 12 August 2015
I think one has to be completely fair and not lose the head when rating a company and their products. This is their lively hood at the end of the day. Way too many reviews give either 1 star or 5. In both cases it's a bit over the top.

I am in the process of building the desk, but I know how it works as a piece because a colleague of mine has one.

My problems have been limited, and most of it has been my own fault.

Firstly the desk was delivered last Saturday to my glorious surprise! I certainly hadn't paid for Saturday delivery. I had received an email informing me it would be yesterday or today. So that was all great. I was only missing one set of screws, and so I got in touch with the guys at Piranha and they had the missing parts out in no time. Excellent. So I came home from work today to my missing screws.......and another desk!?! Yeah!

I don't think for a second they were THAT "sorry" for my missing screws to send me an entire new desk, and so I emailed them to arrange pick up time. Hopefully this will be sorted soon enough but it's no big deal. I tend to be quite relaxed on these things because I work in customer facing industries and I know some times mistakes happen.

The two pieces of advice I would give the guys at Piranha for their next version of instructions manual they release is to make the customer absolutely, stupidly aware that the stickers (displaying the part number) are on the side of the piece of wood that should be on the inside. Silly bollox here sort of grasped that, but I was getting tired late Sunday and managed to put one of the back pieces (the part with the hole for cables) the wrong way around. Yes....sticker on the outside. And you will see as you continue to build that this present a bit of a problem at the later stages. Again though this was my fault.

The other piece of advice I would throw out to Piranha would be to recommend that electric power tools are advisable, but not (necessarily required) in the construction of the desk. I can see, however, why Piranha marketing department would avoid this suggestion for fear of scaring people into thinking they're about to build a W.W.2 fort (resulting in loss of sales). And it really is a good desk, so it would be a shame to scare people away.

I also dropped a piece on my big toe about two hours ago, so I guess you could say I'm not doing so bad for the pain ensued. Again....my fault.

All joking aside, I would recommend getting an electric drill so that it's easier for people who aren't hugely D.I.Y savvy. The piece looks beautiful, it's really smooth (which is related to a piece sliding on to my big toe), and there is a great usage of space. You don't have to use the printer holder if you want to make more room for a dual-monitor system enabling ultimate gaming.

Buy it. You won't be disappointed. It really is class, but use a f@&king power tool
on 9 February 2013
My Fiancé bought this desk after I bought the same one in a beech colour. Takes a while to build up, took two fully grown men around2-3 hours each time,
when built, sturdy and extremely useful. I am really happy with this product.
on 14 November 2015
I've always been wary of flat pack furniture after a few dodgy purchases in the past but this has restored my faith.
Very high quality and construction, it doesn't just look and feel like a premium piece of furniture it is one.
The instructions are clear even for a novice like me, the last time I bought flat pack the instructions were just a picture of a bloke shouting at his wife.
It took two of us a couple of hours to complete albeit very carefully.
Everything fits where it should all nice and snugly and the fixings were clearly labeled, the little opening vents on the back are a nice touch and it even comes with a decent screwdriver and spare bag of fixings for when you drop a screw and can't find it.
I did consider a similar product for £20 less but so glad I paid the extra and got this one.
Its for a bedroom and I would love a wardrobe to match if Piranha ever make one, highly recommended.
on 9 November 2015
Arrived early. Quality is great! Surface is like a worktop looks tough. Recommend electric screwdriver. The one that comes with it hurts after a while. Instructions were pretty good. Everything labelled and every screw type separately bagged too! Draw image a bit confusing front panel looks longer on bottom which thought was odd but it's right when u check last image.
on 20 January 2015
Fantastic desk for this price. I was surprised by how heavy the two packages it arrives in are. Very good quality. Provided with screwdrivers, comprehensive instructions and all of the parts are clearly labelled including the screws so you're not fussing over which is 25mm and which is 35mm. Personally I don't have a PC. I have put my subwoofer where the hardrive would go, my PS4 (which fits perfectly) where the scanner is in the picture, and store my laptop on the keyboard table.
on 3 October 2011
[[ASIN:B004OWHLYI Computer Desk, Home Office Desk in Graphite/Black, with 2 Drawers and Sliding Keyboard Shelf -
I am well pleased with this item that I bought for my hubby & he keeps it nice & clean. It looks good but has one fault in that the comp. does not fit into the space for it & I had not considered this possiblity but it is good furniture & I will keep it.
on 22 March 2015
Desk is great for what we needed, the instructions and build was fine, a little patience is required but overall it was fairly straightforward.
The finish is great and fells sturdy enough. lots of storage space with the drawers and shelves, only minor point would be I would personally have preferred a slightly larger keyboard pull out shelf