5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent
Published on 24 April 2010 by R. Wyatt

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!
Published 2 months ago by Belladonna RavenStar

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 24 April 2010
R. Wyatt (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
I would imagine that Dreadzone have won over many hearts and minds in their long career. They give everything live, they play smaller venues where its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg to get in and they get wider exposure by playing many festivals. I would imagine that they have built up a large fanbase of people who "Dont like Dance Music or Reggae" by now. The band deserve better in terms of sales and with this release they may just about achieve it if all these sleeping fans shell out on this one. I must admit I wasnt expecting much with the release of the Beyond a Rock single last year but boy was I wrong. It wasnt a great choice of a single in my opinion but it fits great in the context of this album. This is a great album from start to finish. Uptempo, downtempo, passionate, moving and most importantly positive and hopeful throughout. The perfect antidote to these depressing times where many seem enthralled by three televised political non-entities arguing to script about the best way of carving up a very large cake in almost isignificantly different ways. Surely, the most important thing is to enjoy the eating of it because there is enough there for everybody if we donnt get too greedy and learn how to share. Sorry, I digress. This album is the usual mix of stuff and styles that long-term fans like me know and love but the lyrics are their best yet and the final track moved me to tears. There is even a love song in there this time and a good one too - you could even dance to it. It has a great choice of passionate and humourous spoken word samples including Jesse Jackson and Sid James. I agree with the previous reviewer - a perfect album for a summers day. Buy it and be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect accompaniment to a English Summer, 23 April 2010
Gromit "Gromit" (HYDE, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
Just arrived early (before the release date) and my initial impression is this is a very jolly album, very up, yet mellow at the same time. Just listening to it sat in the sunshine, and all is well with the world. I'll post a more detailed review in a few weeks time.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
The minute i played this album i absolutely loved it! My favourite track is American Dread but love the other tracks almost as much. dreadzone have done it again another album that will be played constantly. It will have you up and dancing. ps if ever you get a chance to see them live do it, awsome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Album, 27 Sep 2010
Mark Washington (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
Superb album, on par with them all before it apart from the imposible to match Once Upon A Time.
Dreadzone- well done!Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contender for my album of 2010, 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. It's perfectly uplifting, happy dance/reggae music yet still has brilliant song structure and lyrics. A very good combination.

Now, i'm not a fan of any type of music...i just like good music. But i often tend to veer towards more downbeat, sometimes even depressing music. One of my favorite bands being The Cure.

This music is the complete opposite. I put this on in the car when the sun is out and i feel like i should just drive around for the full length of the CD because the music just uplifts you and makes you smile and sing along.

The album opener 'Tomorrow Never Comes' is probably my favorite song on the album, but every song that follows is great in it's own right. There is plenty variation too between songs. Some slower, some a bit quirky (Gangster), and some fast uptempo stuff.

I have only discovered Dreadzone fairly recently...it's such a shame that great artists like this don't get the coverage they should. But, thankfully the 'if you like this, you may like this' section on Amazon comes in very handy and i've discovered many brilliant artists by just taking a plunge.

Really, who would NOT like this album?
It's accessible enough for fans of any music to like. I've had this on in the car and everyone who ever heard it liked it. My friend who is obsessed with Heavy metal, my parents who like r&b and chart music, my partner who loves Pink Floyd and Depeche Mode and even the guy who works under me at work (who only likes ibiza type dance music).
I think it's impossible to dislike this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Put on your skankin shoes!, 1 Jun 2010
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
The mighty Dreadzone pull it out of the bag again. A wicked new album which hasn't been off my stereo since the day it was issued. Consistantly the major act on the UK dance scene,Dreadzone have never got stale. Awesome beats. One for the real rockers and steppas! Word to the wise, catch em live,it's even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG UP, 2 May 2010
R. Hart "roofie" (obscure village) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
I went to see them at Club 85 last month after not seeing em live since "Canterbury Fair" hearing them perform material from this cd live just made me have to order this before release... Humourous,knowing, retro, now, and future, (tomorrow never comes..) There is heart and happiness in this music. & The gig made winter drop off like an old snake skin. They can cure depression and make you dance nd smilexx Politics on the other hand is subterfuge. Vote Green. Bing Bong

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss, 26 April 2010
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
I had a pretty miserable year last year, but the one bright spot was two wonderful evenings spent with Dreadzone (Colchester and Cambridge). How great to go gigs where everyone just enjoys themselves and you feel good to be part of the human race. I haven't managed to get to any of this years shows, but this album will do more than enough to keep the memories fresh. Nothing particularly new just the Dreads doing what they do best, great melodies, lyrics, sweet vocals and a large slice of fun. Feels like summer is already here.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
What have you done! This album is so awful that I threw it straight in the bin! Literally. It is as if a wonderfully cool and bohemian favorite Aunty who took you to all the cool, amazing places and brought you the most fantastical and original gifts suddenly turned up in a beige cardi and Princess Di haircut with a 5 Lakeland voucher and took you out to the Lawnmower Museum! So, so utterly disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars On of my old time favorite band, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
I'm glad to get to see Dreadzone when they play locally first saw them at Glastonbury in 1994. This album gives me goose bumps.

Eye On The Horizon
Eye On The Horizon by Dreadzone (Audio CD - 2010)