4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but lacks storage for spare battery
Published on 16 April 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars CASE
Guess case is Ok but returned product as I preferred a more classy leather case from Lumix that fitted camera well that also gave more complete protection.
Published on 29 Mar 2011 by Robo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but lacks storage for spare battery, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Canon DCC-1500 Soft Camera Case for PowerShot SX210 IS/SX220 HS/SX230 HS/SX240 HS/SX260 HS Camera (Accessory)
This is a smart looking leather case that affords the camera (Canon Powershot SX220 HS in my case) a high degree of protection. I use it to carry my camera when I'm wearing a suit and don't want the case to look obtrusive. It fits horizontally along my belt which is comfortable most of the time but can be a bit awkward at times, when sitting down on a chair with arms for example. The case can only be used horizontally; there is no swivelling belt clip to allow vertical hanging, but even if there was, the magnetic catch on the case cover would not be strong enough to secure the camera. For this reason you have to be careful not to accidentally mount the case upside down on your belt otherwise the magnetic catch gives way and camera drops straight out - bitter experience and a dented camera to prove it.

The only other slightly negative point is that there is no storage for a spare battery, which, the SX220 really needs to be readily available if used intensively.

All in all it is a smart looking, good quality product at a fair price but lacking in storage for a spare battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy cheaper alternatives, 16 Sep 2010
This camera case is excellent. Do not buy any of the cheaper alternatives which may be made of good leather but are unlikely to be a good snug fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 30 July 2010
Having bought a cheap imitation case originally, actually only half the price of this real one, I really appreciated the quality and snug fit of this genuine case. The camera fits well in the case and using the belt loop is easy to get in and out as required.
Don't buy the cheap imitation, it's a great camera and deserves a great case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pay for an official case!, 10 Nov 2010
bradgirl (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
If you are paying over 200 for a camera, paying less than 20 for the case is a great investment. I've had cheap cases for cameras in the past which have started to fall to pieces and not fitted my cameras properly. This case is the complete opposite - it's fantastic quality, fits the Canon PowerShot SX210 absolutely perfectly and offers brilliant protection. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars problems sorted!, 12 April 2011
A. Ross "gadget freak" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
just wanted to say that the cheaper Canon SCPS900 which was for the old s50 fits this camera (sx210/220/230) perfectly and with room for spare battery and card. It also zips all the way round to keep out dust and sand.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera bag for cannon sure shot, 23 Nov 2010
I ordered a case for my new camera and it is a great fit and I was highly delighted with the fast delivery. It is a nice fit and easy pops in my pocket and I know it is protecting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit, 30 Aug 2013
Carl Hall (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I really pondered which case to go for when I got my Canon Powershot SX240HS. Although other cheap cases exist, I decided to do as I have done before, and go with a manufacturer fitted case and I am glad I did. I don't want a bulky case that can carry other bits and bobs, all I wanted was a protective case to carry the camera around in that doesn't make it too bulky, after all this is a "compact" camera.

It does have a belt loop, but as the sides are open I loop the strap attached to the camera around my wrist and carry the camera in my hand. It is quick and easy to get out of the case when you need to, and I have a similar case for my old Fuji A500 so I am well used to this method. It isn't clear from the pictures, but there is a cutaway in the front of the case under the flap that allows the camera to be switched on and the lens to come out. You could therefore take a picture with the case still in place, but you cannot access the buttons on the back or see the LCD screen - merely turn the camera on and off and press the shutter button, so a bit hit and miss, but I've managed several reasonable shots this way if you need to take a quick shot.

So all in all, a quality product albeit a bit expensive, but I believe the case will last a good long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars CASE, 29 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather case, Canon SX210is, 29 Oct 2010
A. Radcliffe - See all my reviews
Fits the camera perfectly, easy to use with a nice belt loop, Buy it for the Canon SX210is don't buy an imitation!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for people without belts, 30 Jun 2011
I bet all those reviewers who like this item - particularly the belt loop - are men. If, like me, you don't often wear a belt, what do you do with the case while you're using the camera, which has to be separated from the case in order to take a photograph? There isn't even a means of looping the case over the wrist. Not to mention the open sides - definitely not apparent from the illustration here. An overpriced and pretentious item. Thank you to fellow reviewers who have suggested more practicable alternatives.