4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but lacks storage for spare battery
Published on 16 April 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars CASE
Guess case is Ok but returned product as I preferred a more classy leather case from Lumix that fitted camera well that also gave more complete protection.
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by Robo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but lacks storage for spare battery, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Canon DCC-1500 Soft Camera Case for PowerShot SX210 IS/SX220 HS/SX230 HS/SX240 HS/SX260 HS Camera (Accessory)
This is a smart looking leather case that affords the camera (Canon Powershot SX220 HS in my case) a high degree of protection. I use it to carry my camera when I'm wearing a suit and don't want the case to look obtrusive. It fits horizontally along my belt which is comfortable most of the time but can be a bit awkward at times, when sitting down on a chair with arms for example. The case can only be used horizontally; there is no swivelling belt clip to allow vertical hanging, but even if there was, the magnetic catch on the case cover would not be strong enough to secure the camera. For this reason you have to be careful not to accidentally mount the case upside down on your belt otherwise the magnetic catch gives way and camera drops straight out - bitter experience and a dented camera to prove it.

The only other slightly negative point is that there is no storage for a spare battery, which, the SX220 really needs to be readily available if used intensively.

All in all it is a smart looking, good quality product at a fair price but lacking in storage for a spare battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy cheaper alternatives, 16 Sept. 2010
This camera case is excellent. Do not buy any of the cheaper alternatives which may be made of good leather but are unlikely to be a good snug fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit, 30 Aug. 2013
Carl Hall (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I really pondered which case to go for when I got my Canon Powershot SX240HS. Although other cheap cases exist, I decided to do as I have done before, and go with a manufacturer fitted case and I am glad I did. I don't want a bulky case that can carry other bits and bobs, all I wanted was a protective case to carry the camera around in that doesn't make it too bulky, after all this is a "compact" camera.

It does have a belt loop, but as the sides are open I loop the strap attached to the camera around my wrist and carry the camera in my hand. It is quick and easy to get out of the case when you need to, and I have a similar case for my old Fuji A500 so I am well used to this method. It isn't clear from the pictures, but there is a cutaway in the front of the case under the flap that allows the camera to be switched on and the lens to come out. You could therefore take a picture with the case still in place, but you cannot access the buttons on the back or see the LCD screen - merely turn the camera on and off and press the shutter button, so a bit hit and miss, but I've managed several reasonable shots this way if you need to take a quick shot.

So all in all, a quality product albeit a bit expensive, but I believe the case will last a good long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 30 July 2010
Having bought a cheap imitation case originally, actually only half the price of this real one, I really appreciated the quality and snug fit of this genuine case. The camera fits well in the case and using the belt loop is easy to get in and out as required.
Don't buy the cheap imitation, it's a great camera and deserves a great case!

5.0 out of 5 stars problems sorted!, 12 April 2011
The Geezer "gadget freak" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
just wanted to say that the cheaper Canon SCPS900 which was for the old s50 fits this camera (sx210/220/230) perfectly and with room for spare battery and card. It also zips all the way round to keep out dust and sand.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera bag for cannon sure shot, 23 Nov. 2010
I ordered a case for my new camera and it is a great fit and I was highly delighted with the fast delivery. It is a nice fit and easy pops in my pocket and I know it is protecting it.

3.0 out of 5 stars CASE, 29 Mar. 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Canon SX260 Case From Amazon, 18 Dec. 2013
I bought a Canon SX260 HS camera about a week ago and was wowed with it so decided to buy a 'quality' case for it. How disappointed could I be? Though a perfect fit for the camera the stitching looks like a child has sewn it together. What an aesthetically uninspiring piece of rubbish! Canon dealers must be buying these things in for pence then ripping us off to the tune of £15 a time and more some of them no doubt!

Very, very disappointing. I would suggest you go on eBay and buy Chinese for at least the fifth the price, I'm so sorry now I didn't!

Sorry, especially for the price, complete rubbish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 Mar. 2013
This is a very good quality hard case, which fits perfectly to protect the camera. Be aware though that there is no where to store extra batteries or cards and it does not have a strap so you have to rely on the camera strap (which isn't very substantial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item., 19 Mar. 2011
In case anybody was wondering, this also fits the SX220 (as the models are pretty much exactly the same size). It's listed as an accessory for most of the SX models on the Canon website. It's very good quality and a snug fit for the camera and, although it has no bearing on the product, arrived on the next working day even though I selected 3-5 days (MyMemory was the seller).