Format: DVD|Change

on 14 February 2013
as ive said in previous reviews,my toddlers are obsessed with Sam and this extended episode is as good as the new series and keeps them more than occupied
great price,free delivery,what more do you want
on 30 December 2012
a good film with a decent story line, adults do not hate watching it like some other films, my son thinks this is great and even gasped when pontypandy almost burnt down, my advice if you have a big fireman sam fan, you will have a quiet fan when this is on
on 10 November 2011
My 2 and a half year old has suddenly discovered Fireman Sam, after watching the same DVD over and over, I found this one, he loves it, we've watch it so many times, he knows it word for word. Excellent purchase.
My 5 year old has been wanting to see this (having missed it at the cinema) for months, since last year in fact.
It is great fun, the story is exciting and has humour and I love the realism of the clouds in the sky.

The stormy night on the lighthouse, the forest fire and Elvis winning his first bravery medal! I never knew that Station Officer Steele had newspaper cuttings of his bravery award. he is a real quiet hero.

If you are a Fireman Sam fan this is one that you will not want to miss.
An hour of fun. Adults and children will want to be Firemen. (Firefighters as we should refer to them now!)
Where's that application form?
on 10 October 2011
My two elder boys didn't really get into Fireman Sam, my youngest can't get enough. This feature film is excellent, just the right length for young children and I quite enjoy sitting through it with my son.
Great storyline, plenty of drama without being too upsetting, nice happy ending. Perfect!
As someone who remembers the "old" Fireman Sam I might be in the minority but I think the new version is an improvement. The graphics are very good and the pace is much quicker, it's hilariously funny in places so the whole family ends up sitting watching it. Only the voices are a bit annoying, but you find yourself getting used to them. 5 stars!!
Fireman Sam has been offered a huge promotion.. to go and be Station Officer in Newtown's fire station, but that means leaving behind all his friends in Pontypandy. However, before he makes the decision, there are more urgent matters to attend to! Trevor has taken Norman, his cousin Derek, and Dilys camping into the forest as the Pontypandy Pioneers, but as usual, Norman can't do as he's told. He starts a small campfire with Derek but soon abandons it, leaving the fire unattended which then spreads quickly to a forest fire. Is the fire going to prove too much for Sam and his fellow firefighters to put out, and will they have to leave behind their beloved Pontypandy once and for all?

I have to say straight off, I think it is a great movie for children, and especially if they are big Fireman Sam fans like Harry as well. It features all of the characters that we know and love, from all the firefighters, to the residents of Pontypandy such as Dilys, Trevor and the Flood family, but also introduces a new one in the form of Chief Fire Officer Boyce, the man who comes to poach Fireman Sam away from Pontypandy! He's a good character, and fits in nicely into the film which is good, and Harry liked him too which is good.

The animation is really good. As I said, I am still a massive fan of the classic series I used to watch when I was little, and the middle series isn't too bad either, but the computer animation is so different to either of these. Sam's voice is very different to the previous shows, but as I say, children don't seem too bothered by the change and I don't think Harry has ever mentioned noticing much of a difference between the few versions out there. The animation in this film is really clear, the characters are required to do a lot of movement in this film and the movement is seamless, and the fire itself is well animated as well.

The story moves at a good pace. Obviously, because it is a film aimed at children, events happen fairly slowly, and things unravel at a good speed, enough for a child to keep up and understand what is going on, without flooding them with too much action all at once. Harry seemed to grasp the plot very well, only occasionally asking me a questions such as "who is Chief Fire Officer Boyce" and "what's a promotion" so the film does prompt a few good questions. We also sat and talked about fires and forests afterwards, and I think it's a good thing to talk to children about and make them aware of the dangers.

For a children's movie, I found this quite entertaining as well so while it certainly appeals to its core market of around 3-7 years, an adult can sit and be entertained while this is on as well. Yes, after around 20 viewings the magic is wearing off for me but Harry is happy to watch it again and again, the sign of a well thought out and created film to keep his interest over and over! It's an exciting story that keeps children gripped until the end, the action is present all the way through and it is thoroughly entertaining. I think this would make a great Christmas present for any Fireman Sam fan, and I'm pleased they've made a movie out of such a popular character. Finally, as with all Fireman Sam cartoons, it has a good moral at the heart of it, and that's important too!
on 9 September 2010
This kept us going on a long drive through France - and anything that entralls a 2 and 4 year old boy in the back of the car is good by me!!!
on 12 March 2010
We watched this on cartoonito when it was on and its a lovely film!! My two year old little boy was able to fully engage in the story as although it is feature length its not over complicated for the little people.
If your kids are in to fireman Sam I can't recommend it strongly enough
on 18 November 2012
My little boy adores fireman Sam, and he loves this DVD. Saviour fireman Sam! The episode is just long enough to allow me to get showered and dressed without being stalked lol! Brilliant! My other half watched it the other day and remarked that it was epic! x
on 28 March 2012
We bought this as a Christmas present and it was a stroke of genius. Our son loves it and it will keep him occupied for the duration. The only problem is he wants to watch it all the time! The content of the film is great, nothing that I'd worry about my son seeing. Well worth the money.