Size: Pack of 1|Colour: 800grm|Change

on 22 July 2012
Been having dreadful trouble with masses of blanketweed in my cascading half whisky barrel water feature (one smaller barrel cascades into a very large half barrel - total capacity about 450ltrs/90 galls). Fish not happy and I've had to pick out loads of BW every days now for months. I've tried barley straw - waste of time. and picking it out is doing my head in.

Got the Cloverleaf on Saturday, put 2 scoops into a watering can and sprinkled it on both barrels late morning. To start with the water went very milky as the instructions said it would. I worried a bit about the fish, especially as I couldn't see them.
On Sunday, within 24 hours of applying this, the water has cleared to a more cloudy than milky affair and I can see the fish. The blanketweed around the edges of the barrels is softening and changing in appearance so something is definitely happening - in only one day!!Its looking very promising so far and I'll provide updates later in the week. By the way - we had a very sunny day today (Sun 22/7/12) and normally I'd see an explosion of BW in this weather but I'd say there certainly isn't any more there today than there was yesterday. More to follow........Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 800grm

Monday now (very hot and sunny). After putting this in the water on Saturday the water has now nearly cleared. Despite being a hot day when I'd expect more blanket weed to have appeared, the amount has noticeably reduced and the long thick stuff that sticks to the side of the water feature is breaking down. So far so good and I'm really optimistic this will clear the lot. more to come....

No update on Tuesday as long day at work (also very sunny).

Wednesday -Today hot and sunny again, home at 2pm and the barrels are nearly clear of blanket weed and the water is 90% clear again. The thicker weed that clung to the sides of my barrels has mostly gone, only the thicker bits remain and they are clearly weakening and thinning greatly. I am genuinely amazed and delighted with this. I suspect this will be totally successful by the end of the 1st week, then its a case of how long it lasts and I'll try to update this review as I go along.

Sunday now - after a full week, there is not a trace of BW in either of my barrels and the water is completely clear. I wish I had taken photos before I started as the difference is fantastic. If I haven't convinced you to buy this (and I have no vested interest in the product/company whatsoever) then no-one will. It's pricey, but if the BW doesn't come back this year then well worth it as there is enough in the tub to do my barrels for probably 5 yrs.

Monday 6/8. 2 weeks since first putting this in and the water in both of my barrels is CRYSTAL clear. Not much more to say really - fantastic. My neighbour has borrowed this now and treated his mediu sized pond. Will report progress if possible..
66 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 March 2014
Up until this year, I thought this product was fantastic. I have been using it for 5 or 6 years in my pond with excellent results. Early in the spring (every year) I notice that blanket week is starting to appear. A single application of about 250g has been sufficient to get rid of it in under a week.

This year, I noticed the blanket weed coming back, and having run out of the Cloverleaf product, I ordered some more and applied it as usual. It had a minimal effect. So a week later I replied, this time doubling the dose (and finishing the container in the process). That was about 10 days ago. Looking at the pond I can see that a significant amount of the weed has gone, but at least half of it remains. A lot of it is still white from the treatment and may yet die off, but I can see new growth around the edges of those white remains. This leads me to wonder if the previously very effect formulation has been changed.

Update: I have added an extra star to my rating, as the pond did eventually clear a couple of weeks after I had written the above comments, and that was without adding any more product to the water.
on 21 May 2014
Both my 8000 litre Koi pond and 2000 litre wildlife pond were totally choked with the dreaded blanket weed. I was literally spending hours every week pulling clumps of it out and declogging the filter, pump and waterfalls every couple of days. So in desperation I tried this product having read the positive reviews. The 800g tub was sufficient to treat both ponds.

Initially the water turns milky white but this settles down after a day or 2. Not much happened to the blanket weed for 2-3 days but then I noticed it slowly receding from the waterfalls and then in the pond itself. Now 3 weeks later both ponds are totally weed free!. The fish, plants, frogs, newts and tadpoles were not affected by the treatment.

I have been so impressed with this product that I have bought another tub ready to immediately treat again at the first sign of the weed returning.

I love my ponds again and would fully recommend this product.
on 13 July 2015
after years of twiddling sticks with little effect to rid the pond of blanket weed, Cloverleaf Blanket Answer worked like magic! My pond is very small and is in full sun for most of the day and you could almost see the blanket weed growing before your very eyes. I put in two scoops of Cloverleaf about 2 weeks ago during a very hot spell and 24 hours later the blanket weed had disappeared never to be seen since. The only downside is that the grandchildren are complaining that there is no point in stick twiddling anymore!
on 28 July 2013
Cloverleaf Blanket Answer is brilliant and really is the answer! Our pond was badly affected with blanket weed and all other products we tried failed to even reduce the problem. Just one treatment with this product and the blanket weed disappeared completely. Wonderful!
on 26 August 2011
New pond (900 gals) created three years ago went OK but in the second year the dreaded blanket weed struck! Tons of the stuff. Tried various remedies, some quite expensive and all branded products. They all claimed to rid ponds of blanket weed but none of them ever did... Then I tried Cloverleaf Blanket Answer. I used about a total of 400g for my pond and in a week most of the weed had disappeared and in ten days twas all gone.

After approx two months of nice clear water, the blanket weed re-appeared. Where from I know not as I had not added any fish or plants to the pond. I once again dosed the pond the same as before and this time after only three to four days, all the weed had disappeared.

Nearly four weeks have passed and at the moment there is still no sign of the green peril. Fish and plants seem to be OK so no worries there.

I would recommend Blanket Answer if nowt else works for you but be prepared to re-dose periodically.
on 25 December 2013
I have been using this product for several years and it works better than any other product I have used.. I find one dose in my pond lasts for ever a year and keeps my pond completely clear of blanket weed and with the help of my UV light - green water as well. Got this at a great price with free delivery.
on 29 May 2014
Ordered this item on Saturday lunchtime. It was delivered in perfect condition two days later on a bank holiday - really impressed. Have learnt the hard way that cloverleaf is the best - wouldn't bother wasting money on anything else.
on 25 June 2013
We had severe issues with blanket weed and it was taking over the entire pond. I brought this on the strength of previous reviews and I am very glad I did. This started working within days and has transformed our pond. It is highly selective and has not damaged any of the other plants or life in the pond. Indeed i can already see the other aquatic plants recovering after being effectively strangled for several months, plus I have seen a newt and frog which we hadn't seen for weeks. I have always been reluctant to use additives given this is essentially a wildlife pond, but one treatment has restored the balance, I can not recommend this highly enough.
on 16 June 2015
We'll what can I say this is truly one of the best I have ever used, Over many years now I have spent a lot of money on products which all claimed to remove blanketweed, but none have done it...Until now OMG this is a god send with in one week all of my weed has gone fish are happy water is clear, if you have weed this is the answer you need this. Thank you cloverleaf.