5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent capo for classical guitar
I've been playing classical guitar for a while now, and I recently needed a capo. In my ignorance, I presumed selecting a capo would be easy. However I soon realised there where several considerations:
1) Classical guitars need specific capo's. This rules out a lot of cheap 'electric/ acoustic' capo options.
2) Probably due to the niche market, capos for...
Published on 1 Dec 2011 by black_cat

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
Dulls the sound of the strings and makes most of the strings sharp requiring constant re-tuning. Do yourself a favour and get a Shubb.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Kevin C. Underhill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent capo for classical guitar, 1 Dec 2011
2) Probably due to the niche market, capos for classicla guitar seemed quite expensive, some costing 30+
3) My guitar has quite a broad neck, so I wanted to ensure the capo selected would fit.
4) They come in a range of materials, plastic vs. metal with a variety of materials for the 'cushion' to fret the strings.
and finally
4) Few of the suitable capo's on amazon had product reviews, so I was stabbing a bit in the dark.

So why did I choose this one?
Firstly, it was mid price range. Not the cheapest, but by no means the most expensive. If I'm honest, at 15 it was still double the price I would have ideally paid (being a poor student) but quality costs. I feared the longevity of the plastic ones, and it seemed like it would fit my guitar- so I took a gamble.

Did it pay off?
Yes- it really did.
The capo arrived quickly, after slipping it out of its casing I was impressed by how light it was but how sturdy it felt.
The cushion to fret the guitar is a high density sponge which seems like it will withstand wear and tear (though mine is showing indents alread- but this is to be expected). The capo is fitted to the guitar buy manually screwing it tight (easier than it sounds) and allows greater precision and is a lot gentler than those that just clamp onto the guitar neck. When I play with the capo in place it sounds perfect, no buzzing at all.

Over all, its a bit expensive but its a piece of kit that will last, sounds perfect and is gentle on the guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Waves PW-CP-07 NS Capo Lite, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
I am a novice guitarist and have never used a capo before. However, I did a lot of research before buying this item. I eliminated other types after studying reviews and I am more than pleased with my choice. It is small, light, simple and very easy to use. I have not experienced any buzzing and the guitar remains in perfect tune. The device is kind to the finish of the guitar and will not damage it even with frequent use. Not only is this capo a well made and excellent product but it is also very inexpensive. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Waves PW-CP-07 NS Capo Lite, 12 Jun 2010
Planet Waves PW-CP-07 NS Capo Lite
I mainly use a Shubb capo, but this one is a really good alternative - it works well and is very light so can be carried unnoticed in a pocket and takes only fractionally longer to apply. Like the Shubb it can also be used as a partial Capo, leaving the bottom string out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best capo for flamenco, 10 April 2012
JohnT (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Flamenco guitar players rely heavily on the use of a capo. I have tried a variety of capos (G7th, Kyser, Jim Dunlop, Shubb) and none of them were that good: they didn't clamp evenly, hard enough or were too prone to wear. Probably the most annoying of the weaknesses was the poor or uneven clamping pressure which meant that if a finger pushed a string slightly out of alignment, it stayed there and created a large gap between strings.

The Planet Waves version is very different. It is very light giving almost no weight on the neck. (Low weight on the neck is vital in order to maintain the classic flamenco position of balancing the guitar under the weight of the right arm). Because this capo has a micro dial, you can turn up the clamping pressure to suit. It is designed to sit precisely over the neck with no chance of missing a string. It has a low fingerboard profile so you don't get caught on it. I have been using it for about a month of playing string intensive flamenco techniques (triplet strums, rasgueos, pulgar and alzapuas) and it has held all strings solidly in place allowing good tone and reduced buzz. It is value for money and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best capo at any price!, 28 Jan 2012
M. Perrins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
This is the best Capo I've tried, better than Kyser or 24 G7th. Its light and its easy to tighen it just enough to cleanly raise the pitch, without sending the guitar too far out of tune. No capo I've used is as easy to set just the right amount of pressure - and its cheaper than other quality capo's. Liked the heft of the G7th, love Kysers' cut capo, but for a standard capo your search is over!

4.0 out of 5 stars capo lite, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
Perfect for what i needed, i can use it on all of my instruments, guitar,uke, bazuki, mandolin and banjo. This saves having multiple capo's.

4.0 out of 5 stars neat and compact, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
The fact that yoiu have to unscrew it to remove and screw it back to reposition does not make for quick changes. Precise tension control is a good feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars PW Capo, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
Does what it is supposed to do very well. Light weight and not intrusive when playing. I expect there are better ones but this is pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 19 April 2012
I wanted a capo that did not change the tuning on my guitar, and also did not chafe my fingers (unlike the one I was using).

This one answered both needs very well. It is quick to put on: pressure can be adjusted to suit positioning, and contact area with strings is small, so they stay in tune with no buzz. Smooth, low profile, so no chafe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tone, low maneuvarability, 10 Feb 2012
Max (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Waves NS Capo Lite (Electronics)
This product allows you to get the perfect tension and doesn't impede your tone at all. Downside is because of its precision tightening (you screw it to tighten and can thus adjust the tightness) you're not going be able to play 'To The Light' by Newton Faulkner.

But now you know this you can't knock it! Great value for money, my personal fave.

Planet Waves NS Capo Lite