5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye cats!!
It really works. I love it. no more cats.

My garden appeared to be the local public convenience for cats. Sickening. The final straw was when I found the dismembered remains of a pigeon outside the back door.

Published on 9 July 2011 by K J

3.0 out of 5 stars PestBye Advanced Cat Scarer
Published on 21 Aug 2010 by Legga

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye cats!!, 9 July 2011
This review is from: PestBye Advanced Cat Scarer - Ultrasonic Repellent (Garden & Outdoors)
It really works. I love it. no more cats.

I first tried the cat scarer with batteries. It worked for a couple of weeks, but the batteries went flat because I had it on full power. The instructions do say that on full power they wont last so long. I realised it had stopped working because the piles started to reappear. I decided to reposition it so I could use a mains adapter. Not a single pile since I switched it on. The new position doesn't cover the whole garden, but the whole garden has been clear for several weeks. I think it stops them passing through, they had actually worn a walk way in the grass as they went from one garden to the next.

The first morning I put it out I knew it was working when I saw a cat crouching behind a tree stump, look very confused and continuously glancing from side to side. It then turned around and went the way it had come. The distance of coverage appears to be significantly more than the literature.

It hasn't deterred the hedgehogs, which is a good thing.

I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if the front lawn becomes clean because cats don't walk through any more, but if not I will get another for the front. Its over a fence so no way the actual beam can reach there, but you never know...

I bought the mains adapter from the same people. It came with a very long (low voltage side) extension lead which means I don't have any trouble positioning the scarer. The low voltage cable is slim enough to fit through a wall vent or through a window, under the seal, and still close the window.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat repellent, 29 Mar 2010
Mr. D. Bell (UK) - See all my reviews
Thought this was a little expensive for a trial but after 4 years of misery watching a neighbour's cat foul and dig up my plants, I decided to have a go. From the minute I pushed the stake into the soil and switched on the cat has disappeared to another garden. Super product and worth every penny!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats, 10 July 2010
The cat scarer works well and has saved my garden from being dug up, but placing the scarer away from the house means that you have to rely on battery power which last only for a week . Suggestions get rechargeable batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 9 Aug 2010
Fantastic product, fantastic company to deal with, the cat scarer has been working now for two weeks and we have had no visits from the local cats at all, can't recommend highly enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars PestBye Advanced Cat Scarer, 21 Aug 2010
The PestBye Advanced Cat Scarer purchased from Primrose of London is well made and does the job of moving moggies along. I used it with two 250mAH rechargeable batteries and found that the life per charge was four to five days. This was reported to Primrose who sent me a second item to evaluate. This was better and lasted about 2 weeks. The supplier's website suggests batteries will last about 3 months ! They do suggest using Duracell but with two required, it is too costly to run this way. Looks as if a 9v mains power supply is the only answer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This REALLY Works!!!!, 4 May 2011
Mrs. Leslie J. Chambers (Maidstone, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this direct from Primrose (for the same price) and it worked from the very first night. We had one cat in particular that would dig in our front border every night, and now, he won't even come near! We put the Cat Scarer out one afternoon and since then, have not had any fouling at all! At first, I was concerned because I thought it detected motion to turn it on. I thought that it would detect plants blowing in the breeze. But it doesn't detect motion - it senses body heat. So it only goes off when something warm walks in its way. It stops dogs and foxes, too. But it doesn't bother the birds. Birds are not disturbed by it at all. I would recommend this to anyone. We were sceptical at first - but believe me - this one does the trick!!! We have this operating with two nine volt batteries, which do have to be replaced fairly often. But it is definately worth it if you get stressed from having cats mess up your beautiful borders and kill your expensive plants!

4.0 out of 5 stars A product that works, 2 Oct 2011
I was sceptical before purchasing this product but it does appear to work. Within 2 hours of installing, it frightened the life out of the cat that regularly fouls my garden, same thing happened the next day. Since then the cat does walk through the garden but doesn't hang around and have had no fouling 1 month after installing. Bought with mains adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 14 Dec 2011
Mrs. Diane M. Munby "D Munby" (Hull, East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
We have lived in our new home for 9 months and have been awash with cat 'litter' all that time. This problem became more of an issue when our new puppy was regularly sick from what she had picked up in the garden. In desperation I purchased this item, that was over 1 month ago and I can truly confirm we have been free of cats and their deposits since the moment it was switched on. It does not effect the dogs or birds. initially cats jumped into the garden over the 6ft fence but in the last 2 weeks we have not seen any. I will purchase a further one for my front garden which still remains a problem. Like other reviews we went out and bought a transformer so we did not have to rely on batteries and this was a further 10ish but well worth the investment. We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac surrounded by homes with about 8 cats so I feel we are a good example and as gardeners and pet owners we check the garden almost daily. I was unsure and my Husband a non believer in these devices but for us it has been the best solution ever; after 10 minutes setting up we have never had to do anything else it just works.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 6 Mar 2011
E. J. Angell (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
It does the job quite well. I have it on full power with a mains adaptor (too many batteries otherwise)and up to a range of 10 yards or so, it seems to keep all 4-legged vermin (cats, foxes, squirrels) etc at bay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Product, 17 Feb 2012
I ordered the "used" one of these assuming it was just packaging or superficial damage that would be the reason. Well, the product was faulty as it wouldn't switch on, wouldn't switch off when you did manage to activate it and was completely useless.
As for the noise it emite, I'm either of feline ancestry or the frequency is wrong. It's was perfectly audible to me and I can imagine it would be very annoying if it was positioned anywhere with passing pedestrian traffic.
Returned it for a refund.
It gets one star because I can't give it none.