on 28 December 2014
I find a lot of stuff categorised as 'Jazz' is tacky, lounge lizard schmaltz and some of it is pretentious and technically overbearing dross from many exponents who are right up themselves and showing off in order to indicate what geniuses they obviously think they are. This album, however, is just so perfect. I have not heard of Mulatu Astakte before but I know when I am being bathed in luxurious musical beauty and this album is doing that to me. What a truly fantastic album from a master craftsman and his instrumental collaborators.This album has encouraged me to look for some other good stuff again. I have had a fleeting relationship with the genre over the decades. I just loved Joe Zawinuls album 'Zawinul' and early Brecker Brothers recordings, then interest trailed away because everything began to sound falsely concocted & silly again and I returned to Blues music, but this find has inspired me one more time.

Eamonn
on 31 October 2010
Mulatu Astatke is a genius, and it's great to see him realy back on the scene. The efforts of Heliocentrics were great, but this one, made on the man's own terms is even better! Really love it.
on 4 August 2011
A great album. The pinacle of the man's career. Well-written and well arranged songs. Musically brilliant and full of energy.