5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205: great buy!
I had been looking for a replacement or rather an upgrade for my great sounding but slightly cumbersome classic speaker pair. I chose the Logitech on the basis of the design and that I have used the brand before and find a good build quality and great sound. I was not disappointed and neither will you be.

Purchased to accompany my 10" netbook as I will be...
Published on 27 Oct 2010 by Sunny

3.0 out of 5 stars good but you can do better
i got this earlier in the year but after a while the cable came away from the plug, which is a problem arising in part from the design. i replaced it with the Z305 which aside from not having the dodgy cable issue is on another sonic level to the 205, for only a few more. so I would definitely recommend getting the upgraded model rather than this one.
Published on 20 Aug 2011 by joek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205: great buy!, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)

Purchased to accompany my 10" netbook as I will be spending 3 -4 months travelling overseas and want to take my media with me! It is light and comes in a well constructed travel pouch which is an added bonus, it should tuck neatly into my laptop carry case too.

Plug and play, via USB totally effortless and the clip seems sturdy, which is good as one needs to remove the speaker in order to close the laptop/notebook lid. No superfluous wiring, just one cable; very tidy. NB have found it easier to clip the speaker onto the side of the notebook screen, to avoid unbalancing such a small and light notebook.

The sound is great, works well for mp3, movies and YouTube plays well. I prefer to control the volume through my notebook altho the volume controls are easily located on top of the speaker.

What more can I tell you? I am really pleased with this item and recommend it to you

Update: May 2012
Still going strong and have taken it on multiple trips away

5.0 out of 5 stars Small in size, big on sound!, 17 Jun 2010
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
I have to admit, although the existing reviews here were positive, I had my reservations. I've had small speakers for portable devices before, and most of them sounded tinny and lifeless. However, my fears were laid to rest after it got delivered, plugged into the dock of my laptop and clipped onto the lid!

I'm running Windows 7, and as you would expect this just plugged in and worked. To test it I started a song playing through the normal laptop speakers. I then hooked up the Z205. I was, quite literally, blown away by the difference this speaker made. The bass level was perfect for my low tolerance of said frequencies, and there was minimal distortion even at silly volumes.

OK, now let's put this into perspective. It does not sound as good as my dedicated home cinema setup, nor does it sound as good as my other desktop PC with 2.1 speakers. Being an all-in-one speaker like this, stereo separation is not as wide as you would be able to acieve with separate L and R speakers. However, the yin to that yang is the fact that you only have one small speaker and one short cable to deal with. Besides, it will be no worse than your existing laptop in that respect.

For the money then, the difference this speaker makes to the usual tinny laptop speakers is quite incredible, and the fact that it can be popped into it's protective bag (included) and thrown into your laptop case is the icing on the cake. Highly recommended if you are in the market for something small and portable to boost the audio of your laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Good., 20 May 2010
M. collins "Domus Libri." (Italy.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
This speaker is compact, has a very good sound quality and smart looking. No software to install, just plug in and away you go. I take my laptop with me from room to room and also out of the country when I travel, so this is perfect for my listening pleasure. I like this company, Logiteach, and have another standard set of speakers made by them upstairs that also provide great sound, but are too big for traveling or dragging around the house. So there you are, my take on this great little speaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for the money!, 27 May 2010
Mr. L. J. Mcgready (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
I have wanted to get some external speakers for my lap top for ages so when I found these on Amazon and read the reviews I was more than happy to pay [] for them. As always with Amazon they arrived quickly and I unpacked them and plugged them in straight away. You don't need to download any software and so I was up and running in no time. They provide a good, strong sound, with plenty of base for their size. The volume buttons on the top give your better control than the normal slide bar thingy on the lap top. They come with a small carry bag to protect them when you travel with them, so that's useful too. They certainly do the job...and they cost less than []! All round a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for on-line conferencing, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
Forget all the talk about great sound - High end audio system loudspeakers might give a great sound but no speaker the size of a TV remote control with cones the size of a 10p coin and entirely driven by USB is ever going to do so.

What this diminutive device does superbly however is deliver sound that is both crystal clear and devoid of both tinniness and boominess, making it ideal for reproducing speech. This is good, because the reason I bought mine was for conferencing with the Microsoft Lync unified communication product; at this it excels, being in a different league to the speakers built in to my Lenovo T61 laptop and with the absence of boominess meaning that even at high volume there is no audio feedback through the microphone in the webcam.

Summary; if you want on line radio or musak to simply listen to*, need to join a conferencing service, or need something small and very portable that is better performing than weak laptop speakers, the Z205 excels and is excellent value for money. If you want a great sound, spend much (much) more and buy some high fidelity speakers.

* As opposed to sitting back and luxuriating in music that envelopes you with its staggering depth of control and beautiful sound stage (my definition of great sound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Z205 Speakers, 16 May 2010
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
Just what I was looking for. Works very well with my laptop and is very convenient for watching movies. Since it can be clip on the laptop, you won't have to worry about dragging it all over the place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Laptop Speaker, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
Bought for better sound on Acer Laptop-especially when on Skype.I find it excellent.Sound is clear and meets my everyday needs.
Just be careful when clipping and unclipping speaker unit from computer.The USB cable entry is just above spring loaded bulldog type clip-you could press against connection and cause damage.Never unclip without back of speaker in view-for safety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
Disappointed by laptop's speakers have bought Logitech Z205 speaker.
At first I was a bit surprised by its small size, it seemed bigger on the pictures, but once plugged it in my concerns disappeared immediatelly.
The sound is much better than the laptop speakers, not only in terms of quality but also volume.
Where before I used to watch movies on 100% volume, with Logitech around 10-15% is enough!!
That should give you an idea what kind of improvement this speaker can give!!
Speaker sits nicely on top of the screen, and the cable length is appropriate.
One small thing I noticed, but its most likely Windows and not speaker's issue.
When I close laptop's lid with the speaker plugged in (but not clipped ;) ) the laptop goes to sleep, when I wake it up, speakers volume is 0 (where before it was > 0). Weird but it's nothing, once you know about it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sound from a Small Box, 28 Jan 2011
Ian May "Eyebee" (Hounslow, Middlesex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
My Acer Aspire One has done me some sterling service over the last eighteen months, but one thing that was sorely lacking was anything like half decent audio.

Although it has a reasonable audio chip onboard, the speakers are terrible. I mostly listened through headphones, but sometimes I wished I had decent speakers instead.

When I read the reviews here about the Logitech Z205, I decided to give them a chance, and I am glad I did.

I didn't expect, nor get, audiophile quality, but the sound is clear, and not at all tiny or distorted, like one might expect.

A welcome addition is the 3.5mm jack, which allows me to plug my Sansa audio player in, and listen to FM radio through these speakers too.

I would recommend these to anyone looking for a competent set of netbook/ laptop speakers that are totally portable. You even get a pouch with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the size, 6 Jan 2011
Eric Baker (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Laptop Speaker Z205 (Electronics)
We've had a problem with travel speakers - we've got a Grundig set with a heavy woofer, mains power and flat side speakers - nice, smooth sound but heavy, with lots of wires. No good for travelling by air. Then we got some tiny Lupo speakers. Portable and USB powered but the sound was not that great - about what you'd expect for the low price. So I searched and searched and finally went for this Logitech unit. I've been very impressed. They are not as good as the big Grundig ones but much, much better than the Lupo and immeasurably better than the built in speakers in laptops. They give a surprising amount of bass and quite a rich sound, with plenty of volume. Good on pop/rock music and perfectly OK for classical. Best of all they are really portable and clip nicely onto our 11.6" laptop screen or sit back a bit on a desk. Either way it's a real advantage getting sound and power via the single USB connection. There's also a 3.5mm stereo jack socket for music players (but you still have to provide USB power, of course). The on/off and volume control buttons are useful. Slightly oddly I found that hooked to a laptop, Spotify and VLC volume controls worked as did the Logitech button controls but the laptop's master volumne control had no effect at all, presumably because of the sound coming out by USB and not via the headphone output.

Finally, for those who still know imperial, it's 7 x 2.5 x 1.25 inches including the spring clip - absolutely tiny for such a rich sound (ie 18 cms wide). And very light and compact, with a sensible drawstring bag to hold the speakers and USB cable in transit. Of course, being a single little unit you can't expect much stereo effect but the portability more than makes up for that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›