TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 September 2010
I have been using this keyboard and mouse now for about 4 months,for several hours a day, almost daily.
I find the action of the keys is very comfortable, not too clicky, but not completely anonymous. I had seen a colleague with one of these in his office, so i had been able to have a "quick type" on it to check if the keys action suited me.

I am using windows 7, and the software installed and recognised the hardwre without any issues. I like the size of the receiver, it only protrudes about 5mm from the USB socket and seems umlikely to ever get snagged or snap off. Signal communications seem excellent - I have the receiver plugged into the left side of my monitor and no problems to use the mouse on the right of my keyboard (some systems do have sensitivity issues).

There is an on/off power switch easily accessible on each of the mouse and keyboard to preserve battery life. The blurb promises 3 year life - I cant say, but so far it is all lasting well.
The mouse is comfortable to use, the cursor action is very positive, the scroll-wheel is a nice addition. I have used the mouse on several different surfaces and had no loss of tracking.
The keyboard has two pairs of "legs" at the front, so you can use it flat, or raised up to 2 different angles. It is a nice stable keyboard, and grips the desk well, does not slide around. I find the wrist-rest comfortable.

One thing I do miss when comparing this keyboard to other logitech I have used in the past - I used to see a message window pop-up when I engaged "caps-lock". This feature has been discontinued here.

But ultimately, ergonomics of mouse and keyboard and whether or not you like them are a very personal thing.

I do like this keyboard/mouse and would definitely recommend it.
1818 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2015
This is one of the best keyboard/mouse desk sets I've ever used. I gave this one to my parents as they were so impressed with mine. The batteries in the keyboard are still showing fully charged after almost a year of use and the mouse is a perfect fit in my hand. On paper they look expensive but this is where you actually interact with your PC so the money is worth spending.

The USB receiver that plugs into the PC is genuinely tiny. You can leave it permanently plugged into a laptop with no ill effects to either the receiver or laptop even when regularly dragged in and out of a case.
on 13 November 2010
Got this to replace a previous Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & mouse combo, which I accidentally destroyed the USB dongle on & it seems that you can't get replacements parts for!

Well let's look at what you get.

The keyboard itself, a very small USB dongle which is not much larger than your (adults) thumb nail, 2x Duracell batteries & a USB extension wire.

Setting up is a bit hit & miss, as there's no instructions to speak of, just diagrams!

Just plug the dongle into USB extension &/or dongle into a spare USB port & let the computer get on with it for a few moments, my Windows Vista x64 found the right driver for it quite quickly.

Whilst the computer is looking for drivers, pull the yellow tab out from the back of the keyboard (there are two AA Duracell batteries already in it) which activates the keyboard & insert the two AA batteries that Logitech supplied into the mouse & switch it on if it's not already switched on.

Pop the software CD into the computer, load up the software + maybe a reboot just to complete the setup.
BTW There's a new software driver already available if you want to download it from the Logitech website (for me a 26.6Mb download).

The keyboard is very light & the key presses virtually silent, maybe a very slight noise but definitely not clicky like a cheap keyboard, the keys are slightly curved, there's one reservation I do have with it & that the markings appear to be stick on letters, so how well these will last compared to the laser etched ones I don't know.

There's a small LCD display at the top which shows you battery level, whether the caps lock is on, scroll & number lock is activated or function key is pressed. There's a calculator key on there too, which brings up the Windows calculator & just above that is a small recessed on/off switch.

The mouse is nice & compact (it's designed for right handed people) on the bottom is a on/off switch & small battery compartment for you batteries as previously mentioned.

Left hand side of the mouse two forward & back keys, on top the normal scroll wheel & a small button. Well I say normal, it's not quite normal, flick it and it will whiz round at a great rate of knots, which is ideal if you have multi-page documents or long web pages, however this is where the small button comes into play, pressing the button stops the high speed scrolling & brings it down to a much more controlled scroll which is very slightly notchy, but makes it a lot easier to control things.

Logitech reckon you can get 3 years battery life out of the set of batteries supplied, I wait & see what happens with it.

All in all a nice comfy keyboard & for £50 a good buy, especially as it's on sale on the High Street & other online retailers for near double that!
on 30 September 2011
I recently built a new top spec pc, and one thing was missing to match it... A worthy Keyboard and Mouse. Finding a decent combo was not an easy task and surpisingly enough that are not many to choose from. Being a satisfied microsoft user all these years I decided to give logitech a try. Out of all their combos (of which one is obscenely overpriced!), This was the combo which combined an excellent mouse ( I think it is the M705 or Marathon mouse) with a very good keyboard. I am writing a review this long because I have searched high a low for a decent combo (the best part of 2 days), reading reviews, watching videos, reading more reviews etc.. I finally said enough and ordered The Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710.
Lets start with ths good bits:
It has a tiny unifying reciever that you can plug it and leave it and I believe you can connect up to 6 logitech devices to it.
It feels very repsonsive with no lag at all and the mouse works at a good distance away too and above all it's laser not optical.
I am a gamer and my wife is an everyday user (facebook, email, msn etc etc the list goes on). Although the mouse is slighlty smaller than what I'm used to it is very responive (don't worry if you are a gamer and looking for a high dpi mouse it makes very little difference, this mouse has more than enough). It has a button next to the scroll wheel that when clicked can switch the scroll wheel from hyper scrolling (fantastic for browsing and long documents) to the classic cliccy scrolling (essential for gaming especially fps). Comes also with software to customise your buttons. It looks awesome and it feels great (Software also allows mouse to recognise when you are gaming and switched to a more responive mode).
The keyboard is also very good with the in-curve keys being a nice touch. I have seen people complain that it might be too shiny and might leave finger marks but it really isn't a problem. Very reponsive, very smart and looks really good.
Aparently Logitech say that the battery life and keyboard will last 3 years. This may be helped by the fact they both have an on/off switch to conserve battery. It does not have a mouse charger which often adds to clutter on a desk and needs a wire to the pc (so one less wire to get in the way yay!)
Now the bad bits:
I really can't fault anything apart from the lcd screen on the keyboard which needs to be more visible as you have got to stare at it to check you have the caps lock key on or off.

Overall 9.5/10.
on 29 October 2015
Bought this a couple of weeks ago.....all good until the mouse pointer became erratic and then stopped working altogether. Luckily I had another mouse from my laptop otherwise I would not have been able to work. Upon further inspection, it appears the laser "eye" has disappeared into the internal casing. Pleased with the keyboard but the mouse obviously lets it down.....in the hope I can get a replacement from Amazon.
on 5 November 2014
Great keyboard, great mouse and incredible potability. Technology that just works. I have owned Logitech products before and been really impressed. They are a brand I trust. A quality product at a fair price.
on 19 August 2013
I bought this MK710 to replace my MX5000 Logitech Keyboard (4*) where two keys were sticking owing to a drink being spilled.

The MK710 keyboard is fine BUT the CAPS LOCK screen warning and CAPS LOCK beep warning do not work. What is infuriating is that I have spent 11 days trying to sort out this problem with Logitech Technical Support and even had a replacement keyboard.

I now find out that Logitech know all about this problem and are trying to find a new fix - the last fix was 7/8/2013. The MK 710 keyboard is not new, and problems like this should have been sorted out in 2010.

Why do they release Hardware when they know full well that the software does not work correctly.

What a waste of my time and money for all concerned.

PM
on 20 May 2013
This is the second time I purchased this product. There is a known issue in the mouse. It starts double or triple clicking when I just click once. It's quite expensive and it's totally waste of money!
on 4 June 2013
I am pleased with the keyboard which is a quality product, but I feel I have been mislead by the seller. I think that a UK person can quite reasonably expect to receive a UK keyboard if there is no mention of keyboard type in the advert however the one that I received is a US keyboard. I feel the product has been mis-sold to me. The seller should make that clear in their product description. I have changed my keyboard settings so that I can use it with my computer, but it is annoying not to have a pound symbol and for all the special characters to be in strange places.
on 21 May 2014
This "USB" mouse and keyboard is great, aside from the mini USB dongle supplied not working.... defeating the whole point!
Ive tried in the supplied USB point and in all my PC ports, however the dongle is faulty

This failed after 1 week of purchase, leaving me with no box/packaging to return the item. Very disappointed.