Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 14 August 2013
I absolutely loved skate 2 and enjoyed just sitting round and playing it with my mates, so when I heard about skate 3 I was so excited! I found though that you can no longer play multiplayer offline and the career mode was so hard in comparison! I still love this game but I think skate 2 is sssooo much better!
on 4 September 2010
This is possibly the best skate game to date. However, it is still basically exactly the same as the previous 2 installments, just a slightly improved version of the second.

The graphics and controls have improved greatly, it looks way more realistic graphically, and the new map feels a little fresher and more enjoyable to explore (compared to the blue washed san van which was still great, but a little bland at times).

There are different difficulty settings simply affecting how realistic the game feels and looks. The harder the settings the harder it will be to land big tricks, plus you bail more often on the harder setting, but it is nice to play with more realism. However it makes some of the challenges really tough!

Overall what we are left with is more polished version of skate 2. Nicer cleaner graphics, better controls and a nice new play area. The only problem is it isn't really bringing anything new to the table, the challenges are all really similar to the previous games and the whole game still feels a little too familiar.

If you're new the the skate franchise then I'd personally say buy this game and skip the other 2, because in my honest opinion it is the best one to play and the nicest looking of the three. Hope this helps, happy gaming!
77 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2012
bought this game for my 13 year old son and he loves it. he plays on line and all his friends seem to enjoy it. can be hard in some places but he seems to over come it. great price and enjoyable game.
on 28 December 2013
this s sutch a fun game the campaine is fun and is defintly worth if for the map make withc is in my top 3 map makers of all time but when you get water triane you can create obticle courses with your objects use your imaginastion it doesn't need to be a skate park and mes around with it becouse i have lost somany hours tryign to complet my own parkour maps and going as mad as posible with it i eel bad for you if you don't laugh at this great gmae as its just that a game ot laugh at not to get anoyed with.
on 30 April 2013
Arrived on time and in excellent condition. (The multi-player code having not even been used in this case! (aha) :D The rewards for completing challenges, races, and everything really have been simplified (In a good way), and I'm not sure if this was included in the other skates but there's a realistic physics option for you ACTUAL skaters out there. Get it!
on 18 November 2012
xbox 360 game skate 3 was bought for my daughter and was thrilled to bits to get it for her birthday and thinks it its a really good game and would recomend this for lovers of skate boarding games also it was exactly the game we wanted and a fast deliery thank you amazon
on 4 September 2010
the controls feel allot smoother and the trick list is lengthened.
Having the option to play the game in a more realistic manner is a great improvement. if your new to the game having it on easy is fine but it limits you from doing the more crazy things.

my main problem with this game is that I can't skate from one side of the city to the other. there are 3 separate areas and no roads connecting each of them. the map doesn't show me where I am and encourages you to teleport from place to place rather than to skate it. having the ability to just jump from spot to spot is great but I want to be able to know where I'm skating when I'm not doing that.

If you've played either of the first two then it's defiantly worth getting. if you like skating but want somthing a bit more tactile than Tony Hawks then this is the game for you.
on 4 July 2013
As he is in to skateboarding he wanted to try this game ...seen him on it a lot so he must like it ,though the amount of times his person did tricks and fell I wouldn't want him to try these in real life!
on 17 February 2016
Got this for my son for the Xbox one , as is going to be one of the backward compatable 360 games for Xbox one , but can't use at moment as they haven't done this yet , bit frustrating for my son , hopefully will be soon !
on 15 January 2014
Realistic and vast choice of developing a personalised skater, and parks, easy to understand !!!!!!!
Good graphics and great to play