5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE !
Published on 11 Nov. 2011 by Phil UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Functioning after 2 months
Published on 3 Jan. 2013 by Nang Cheung

5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE !, 11 Nov. 2011
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDX-016G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 16 GB (Personal Computers)
I bought one of these 16GB Sandisk HD Video 30MB/s UHS-I cards for my Nikon D7000. And guess what? It worked fine in a Sandisk USB SD card reader but the camera didn't recognise it at all. So I returned it to Amazon, their returns service being exemplary as ever, and received a new card. Guess what? That didn't work in the D7000 either. Just before I was about to return the second card and give up I got an email from Nikon saying there was a firmware upgrade for my camera. I installed it and now the card works fine.

I suspect the problem area is that the card is UHS-I and the D7000 had variable compatibility with such cards as they are quite rare at the moment. I'm guessing that other reviewers here who've bought this card and had no issues with the D7000 have received the 20MB/s HD Video card which I believe is not UHS-I.

So if you have a Nikon D7000 make sure you have the most up to date firmware (Version 1.03) or you are likely to have issues with this card.

4.0 out of 5 stars class 6 20mb/s as per discription different picture., 22 May 2011
Please note this card is plenty fast enough and l can't notice a major difference. But supplied is a class 6 2 mb/s card as per discription, not a class 10 30mb/s as shown in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast. More than a class 6., 10 Feb. 2011
This is a very fast card.
Reads at 20MB/sec and writes at 19MB/sec.
The perfect card for my brand new Nikon D7000 and any DSLR that records 1080p video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, speedy memory card, 12 July 2012
Reviews Guy (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:57 Mins

What an excellent memory card. I've been using a Transcend memory card with 8GB of capacity, that is a class 6 card with speeds that vary here and there when I do speed tests with it. This Sandisk Extreme, however, performs at the same speed levels consistently.

Thoroughly recommended for camcorder and DSLR users. I use this with a Panasonic HDC-SD9 FULL HD camcorder and also a Canon 650D DSLR to shoot photos in burst mode and also normal mode, and of course, HD video... The card excels the specs required for both products and the results are fast shooting.

I have had a Sandisk Extreme 2GB card since 2008 and that one is yet to die on me... If you have a bit of extra cash to spare, go for the Sandisk, just make sure that you buy from the vendor AMAZON UK, don't buy from third party sellers expecting a good product and then complain if you get a counterfeit item because there are loads of counterfeits in the market, Amazon only sells originals... you have been warned!

To those ones looking at this review, never mind the 1-star reviews talking about how bad the card is, they all bought from third party sellers. The card sold by Amazon is genuine and performs as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 16GB Extreme HD SDHC Class 6 memory card, 20 Aug. 2010
I bought this card for use in my new Panasonic TM700 HD camcorder and hoped that it was fast enough to handle all the data from HD capture. It does, and I'm very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Functioning after 2 months, 3 Jan. 2013
Nang Cheung - See all my reviews
I purchased this product from here thinking it would be a decision I would not regret. Worked great in my Nikon D3200 DSLR camera until today - I was recording an HD video (supported by this card) and when I attempted to view it my camera gave me an error telling me the SD card is damaged! I was confused as I have had a great experience with Sandisk products believing they are always great quality. I tried to use it in my PC's card reader (no SD Card appears) and in my older camera ( shows card error).

The back of the box shows me that it has 'limited lifetime warranty'. Thinking I could easily get this SD card repaired ( to recover my photos and videos) I checked out the website [...] this gave me the terms of the warranty and how to return telling me I need to call or email them, giving proof or purchase (which I have from the amazon website). The document showing me this also states I need to acquire a RMA number (return material authorization)from the support section of sandisk.com after signing up and giving details of my purchase and my personal details I receive no 'RMA number' and I'm faced with a FAQ which has questions which don't relate to my product!

I am extremely disapointed in the lack of support I am receiving from Sandisk and I do hope Amazon can sort this problem out for me. I am now filing a returns claim with Amazon under 'defective/ Does not work properly' though I am unsure whether this means defective right after box opening or defective whenever...

The two months I have experienced with this card have been great it is a shame it has ceased to function.

1.0 out of 5 stars First use dead, 16 May 2013
Mr. V. Batura "Optik" (UK) - See all my reviews
I have never had a card that died on me in first 6 month. This one bits all "expectations" , dead after very first use. All pictures taken are lost. I have only used up about 3 Gb of space.
Card is impossible to run through any restore software or even format. I have tried all typed of photo cameras to format, PC will freeze when card is inserted, Mac will not recognize.
SanDisk response: send the card back to Check Republic for a replacement. Postage £7, value of the card £10. Why bother? Note: postage will not be covered by SanDisk, only postage to the customer if they decide they should replace your card.
I have bought 2 same cards at the same time and do not want to risk the pictures i take. So will test second card carefully and update the review at later date. I am at the moment on my second Gb, card still alive.
I own 20+ memory cards mainly SD and CF, only ever had problems once with fake SanDisk CF card 4Gb. Since it was fake (i only found out when tryed to claim replacement from SanDisk) i was still prepared to pay SanDisk premium. Not any more... Will stick to Samsung until it fails.
I am sure every brand - card could be faulty, but there is always this fist time that destroys your confidence.
My other SanDisk cards are OK, different models. But this particular model (not the whole brand) is 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best quality SD cards going!, 26 Nov. 2011
I have used Sandisk memory products for years and over the time I have never been disappointed, you may be paying more than with the cheaper "value" brands but what you are getting for the extra few quid is a brand name you can trust, who fully support their products.

The speeds are amazing - blazing fast on the camera, full HD no problem at all with my Canon 550D, the on board buffer does not even appear.

Copying to my PC after a photo session is also very fast.

I have seen cheaper SD cards apparently rated to the same class suffer in HD recording with buffering issues, which you can see in playback, or even just cutout recording.

Highly recommended to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 May 2010
I use this with my HD camcorder and it performs admirably. I get about 2.5 hrs at the highest definition setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received 45mbs cards!! for my Nikon D7000, 24 April 2012
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Having bought a nice load of CF cards for my full-frame D700, I find that my brand new DX format D7000 as my second body only takes SDHC cards, two of them.

Having ordered the camera the same day, I quickly ordered 2 cards, as advertised. The camera would be useless without them. The D7000 (not from Amazon) came within three days and fortunately, the cards came the same day, thank goodness.

To my pleasant surprise, the cards were much faster than those pictured, 45mbs rather than 20mbs. As a semi-pro, one has to keep one's eye on such things. The two cards in unison will give me plenty of capacity and Sandisk's unequalled reputation will ensure their smooth running and reliability for years, outliving the camera. I've never had, nor personally know of anyone whose Sandisk card dropped even a frame, let alone caused any compatability problems. You really do not have to want to worry about your card; concentrate on your photography instead!

I'd always recommend that one compromises on speed and capacity, rather than quality, or brand. I know it's very tempting to go bargain basement - we've all tried it , but like cheap film back in the good old days, it very seldom pays in the long run.