5.0 out of 5 stars I heart Bullguard!
I've been using Bullguard for a good few years now ater discovering that Norton was slowing my PC down big time and you try ridding your PC of it! It doesn't want to go! Then along came Bullguard. How I found out about it was that my PC got a bad Malware attack and could not get rid of it. A friend suggested Bullguard. I installed it and within no time it got rid of it...
Published on 9 Sept. 2010 by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars Bullguard Internet Security 2010
I have found the general protection of this product to be very good, although it can be a little over eager at times. As yet, it hasn't found any true Trojans or viruses but, continuously flags application setup files as being harmful, when I know them to be safe. They automatically get quarantined and these can be dealt with as you see fit, you can change the settings...
Published on 23 Dec. 2010 by Ophiicus

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: BullGuard Internet Security Version 9.0 - 3 User, 1 Year License (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
load it up and forget it except for the occasional manual scans when you want to, free online backup space to and the backups are nice and fast, I changed from Kaspersky Internet security which was forever updating holding back my pc even with 4 gig of memory. one thing that is handy is the three user license is applied online so you can add a new license to one computer at one address and it will automatically add the new license to two other computers at other addresses as soon as they log on.
great for those pc illiterate family members.
one password across three computers. a very good idea once you realise how it works, support are fantastic i found bullguard very slow shutting down in Windows XP service pk 3 it was stopping to scan my network which wasnt always active after some intial comminication with Bullguard support the settings were revised and Bullguard has been the fastest running internet security we have ever had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bullguard internet security V9.0, 9 May 2010
J. P. Jenkins (Wales, UK.) - See all my reviews
Good product, works well, does what it says on the tin and good value too.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but better available for free, 24 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When friends ask my advice about anti-virus software, I never hesitate to suggest AVG's free version plus Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware (both free).

This paid for Bullguard version has more frequent updates than the free AVG software but also incorporates a Firewall, and anti-spam.

Installation was quick with no problems. Very little impact on my computers performance.

I let the system do a full scan and was pleased at how quick it was.

Do I recommend the free AVG version or paid for Bullguard version?

It seems like a small price to pay to protect up to 3 computers with a market leading piece of great software but I think AVG free is more than enough for most people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bullguard rules ok, 21 Nov. 2010
Bullguard has looked after my computer for almost 3 years now. It does what it says on the cover in a very easy to manage way and I have not had any problems. The price is good and you can secure up to 3 of your computers with the one package.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Improvement, 15 Mar. 2012
Sam D (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 isn't as fully featured as some of its rival security products, but its simple interface and 24-hour online help may appeal to home users who want a basic, easy-to-use security suite.

The real emphasis with BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 is on ease of use, with a redesigned interface that keeps things as simple as possible for less-technically inclined home users. It'ss certainly more straightforward than the occasionally crowded and confusing barrage of features that some security programs throw at you, and the main screen of BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 simply displays just a small, essential set of icons representing basic security functions such as `Scan for Viruses' or `Allow/Block Programs'. More advanced users can click on these icons to adjust settings in greater detail, but most users of BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 will be happy to just leave the program running automatically in the background.

Other features of BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 include 5GB of online storage, which can be used in conjunction with the program's built-in backup features, and a useful 24-hour chat facility for online help. In spite of this, it still feels like this upgrade to BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 is a little unambitious, especially since there are still some gaps in BullGuard's armoury of security features. For example, there's still little in the way of parental controls or protection for young children surfing the net, or identity protection for credit card numbers and other personal information.

Existing BullGuard users will be pleased to hear that they get a free upgrade to BullGuard Internet Security 9.0, but that in itself is almost an admission that they'd be hard pushed to charge for the upgrade. It's reasonably priced for a three-user license, but the next upgrade will need to be much more ambitious if BullGuard is to keep pace with its many rivals.

4.0 out of 5 stars A satisfying security suite., 14 Oct. 2010
Michelle Moore (Dartford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a new piece of security software to me, as I've been using Kaspersky for many years. As I've been getting very frustrated with my computers slowing down whenever Kaspersky downloads, I was keen to try something different.

This product comes with a CD and an activation code to allow activation on 3 computers. It's also possible to download the software from Bullguard's site, which means it's also accessible to netbooks with no CD drive.

One thing to note with installation is that when you activate for the first time, you will be asked to create an account. When you install on further computers, you will be asked to sign into that account, and you will then be automatically activated.

My previous experience was to input the activation code each time, and so this caused a little confusion. However, I went online and used the live chat support facility, and they soon explained what I was doing wrong. That live chat support is valuable, as waiting for an email response would have been frustrating.

Installation is simple, and the default settings seem to be ideal for most set ups. This makes it a useful piece of software for those with limited knowledge or experience. For more advanced users, however, it is possible to find further settings.

The software offers antivirus, a firewall, a spam filter, and online storage. I haven't fully tested the latter, as I have an external hard drive, but the initial attempt seemed fairly simple. There is also a games monitor, which apparently makes sure Bullguard is using minimal resources when games are running.

Once running, the software does so in the background. I've not been aware of any slowing down of my system, and I'm using it on a new laptop running Windows 7, but also an older netbook, running XP. The firewall will allow most popular applications, informing you as it does so, and it will ask for permission for anything less well known.

My only criticism is that there is no alert when an update is taking place. Regular updates are extremely important, and it's reassuring to know they're taking place. However, it is possible to glance at the main anti-virus screen, and be told when the last update was, plus you can check for new at any time.

Apart from that, I am so far very satisfied with this piece of software.

3.0 out of 5 stars A cautionary review, 27 Sept. 2010
Ian Williams "ianw" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off let me say that by all accounts Bullguard is an excellent product but I've been unable to verify this for myself. Let me tell you a story-

I was offered Bullguard to review as part of a list on the Amazon Vine program. As my Norton Internet Protection was about due for renewal I decided, although quite satisfied with Norton, to go for the freebie -I'm retired and need to watch the pennies.

I duly uninstalled Norton, rebooted Windows, only it didn't. After a couple of hours and several attempts I did finally get it back up and running. I then installed Bullguard which, after an initial hesitancy, seemed to go okay. There was a problem as I couldn't register the product because I was already registered with the company but couldn't remember my password and Bullguard couldn't seem to sort out the problem. Nevertheless I got it up and running. Until the system crashed and I had to use System Restore which meant I had to reinstall Bullguard. Except this time it wouldn't install.

Now I've downloaded the free version of AVG just to have some virus protection and it seems to be working okay. So far.

What the problem is, I don't know. My local computer shop genius suggested that Norton might have uninstalled a key Windows component or my hard disc might be on the verge of failing and recommended I do a complete backup immediately, which I did.

I'm sorry I couldn't do a proper review of this product -the star rating is a deliberately neutral one- but I hope my little story might prepare you if you have any installation problems. If any of you have any comments about the problems I've encountered, I'd be delighted to read them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly average antivirus, 6 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd not come across Bullguard before, but after my faith-breaking experience with ZoneAlarm, I thought it was high time to try something new. BullGuard installs very easily and quickly, and registration is also easy, which makes it very user-friendly.

It gives you a good range of options to choose from - it's fully furnished with a firewall, antivirus and anti-spam protection, although I didn't use the anti-spam. You can also back up your documents online; this edition comes with free 5Gb of storage to back up your stuff.

A full virus scan taks about two hours, depending on how much stuff you have, and whilst it hasn't picked up any nasties yet, my system was probably clean. It didn't slow down my system too much either, which was good. The firewall seems to work cleanly and doesn't block legitimate programmes in the week since I've had it.

My one beef with BullGuard is that it seems bizarrely difficult to schedule a virus scan. By default, it's turned onto full manual, which seems very poor security practise indeed -it should scan weekly or at least monthly. It's also not obvious how your schedule a scan, and I had to look quite deeply on the website to find out! It's not intuitive at all, unlike the rest of the software package.

In general, it seems fairly good - I'll update when I've been using it for a while - but the lack of regular scanning by default knocks off a couple of stars, and only makes it a good security product if it's set up by someone who knows it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Class Protection, 31 Aug. 2010
Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using Bullguard for many years and have always found it to be so easy and simple to use and install. Unlike other internet security software it does not slow my computer down and I can navigate around all of the controls without too much hassle.

Bullguard offers all users free web support and on the few times I have used this service, I have found them to be very helpful and quick at getting back to me.

This latest Bullguard has a different feel from the other versions I have used and whilst it looks different and more complex it is in fact as simple as it has always been. Everything that you need is laid out in easy to use menus and if like me you are hopeless with technology, Bullguard has automatic settings although these can be customised if needed.

One excellent feature is the huge online back up storage and whilst I have not used this myself, I know others that do and they say it is really useful and provides peace of mind in case their computer ever gets stolen etc.

The best part about this package is the 3 user license which is always a plus and prevents further cost protecting other computers in the home. If you have previously used Bullguard you can just sign in with your password and user name and it remembers all of your settings each time you reinstall the software.

I would not use any other security programme - 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bullguard Internet Security -- works for me!, 7 Oct. 2010
D. Hovington - See all my reviews
This is the third year that I have been using Bullguard and as far as I'm concerned, 'it just keeps on getting better'. Version 9 just has to be 'the best yet' and even more simple to use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

BullGuard Internet Security Version 9.0 - 3 User, 1 Year License (PC CD)
BullGuard Internet Security Version 9.0 - 3 User, 1 Year License (PC CD) by Bullguard (Windows 2000 Server / 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £37.49