5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! - I'm glad I went for the 'beginner' DVD!
Published on 20 Feb 2011 by Magnificent seven

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not for beginners
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Fiona

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! - I'm glad I went for the 'beginner' DVD!, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I am a big fan of Pilates. I went to a class once a week for about 5 years and I really found it improved my flexibility and strength. Having recently decided it's high time I started Pilates again, I decided a '10 minute solution' DVD would enable me to get back into it in nice bite-size chunks. Well, I have clearly spent too long away from it as I am finding the 'beginner' exercises pretty challenging and I do indeed feel like I am starting from the beginning again! There are a good range of exercises in each section with a relatively low number of reps for each one. It's pretty quick, so I would recommend just concentrating on getting the positions and breathing right on your first attempt, and then working on the repetitions and/or increasing the difficulty once you're familiar with the exercises.

I'm really enjoying working through the DVD and often do 2 or 3 sections at a time; the stretch section is a really nice one to finish with. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase which has only cost me the same as one class with my old instructor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for beginners!!, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
As I have a problem with my lower back, my consultant advised me to try Pilates.Having never done Pilates before, I chose this DVD as I thought it suited me best.How right I was!!You can choose your own routine and the instructor takes you through it step by step.Great for beginners and really helps with lower back pain!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners with little time, 9 May 2011
Li Heng Mei "book worm" (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
it is a very good video for beginners and for people with little time and/or patience. I am using it often and the excercises are easy and effective.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not for beginners, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
Production is nice and instructor is engaging and encouraging. BUT!!! this is in no way a beginner's DVD. The versions of the exercises are quite advanced and there isn't enough instruction on the importance of keeping your abs engaged and your spine in neutral. I would recommend the Lucy Lloyd-Barker DVD as one to use to familiarise youself with the concepts first and work up to using this one gradually.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minute Pilates, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I love this series and have all the 10 Minute Pilates DVDs. I mix them about so I have a varied work-out and do not get bored. Pilates is not as easy as it looks, but does not have you bouncing all over the house vibrating the mirrors on the walls nor does it require so much room that by the time you've moved all the furniture out the way, you no longer have the energy (or time). Just select the work out and get going. I have no previous experience of Pilates, but I have tried yoga in the past which I disliked as it was too slow for me so having an avid dislike to any form of gym-class or team exercise, had to rely on walking the dog as my past form of exercise, but this series fits in perfectly as I quite often do a work-out while the dinner is cooking.

I highly recommend this series to anyone and have bought extra copies of this DVD as a gift to my mother who is recovering from a back injury and is wanting to do more exercise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you know pilates - but not for beginners, 14 Oct 2011
C Lovegrove - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I really like this DVD. The instructor is encouraging without being condescending, and she move you through the exercises smoothly, so the 10 minute sessions seem to last no time at all. HOWEVER, I really don't think this is a beginner's DVD and it loses stars mainly for that. It's not particularly in terms of the level of the exercises (pilates can get MUCH tougher than this!), but because pilates really relies on an understanding of the importance of correct form and of using the core to support the back. Although some time is spent discussing pilates breathing techniques, there is no time given to explaining what is meant by "core" and why it's important to pilates, despite the fact the instructor uses the term throughout. To me, if you don't understand this, you at best won't be performing the exercises to maximum benefit and at worst could end up actually causing damage.

Having said that, I've done pilates with an excellent instructor in the past so was well aware, and this DVD was exactly what I needed to ease me back into it and get my long-neglected core muscles working again. I even enjoy doing it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
My GP suggested I try Pilates for my lower back pain, I’m glad she did as the pain is much improved since practising the techniques.

4.0 out of 5 stars pilates for beginners, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
as a hater of exercise i really enjoy this dvd as it is small stretching moves and does not feel like exercising

1.0 out of 5 stars Beginners?, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I chose this rating because I expected a dvd for beginners. Where were the warm up exercises and general explanations. If you are a beginner you need to start at the very beginning to be able to understand the concept of Pilates.

I also felt it moved to quickly through the exercises

5.0 out of 5 stars less then a week and already seeing results!!, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this on the basis a pilates trainer let me down, hoping that eventually by training well and consistently I'd get results.
So far I am amazed at how well this dvd is working, my tummy is flatter then ever and I am already seeing definition there as well as in my arms and legs.
The trainer is very clear about posture and breathing which is great as well as including slightly harder options to most actions.
A definite must buy for newbies to pilates but be warned some exercises can be hard/fast for those who have had no fitness training prior to this.

10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Pilates For Beginners [DVD] by Andrea Ambandos (DVD - 2010)
9.99