Size: 120mm|Change

on 2 March 2014
I have purchased these fans as I had another space in my case at the front for another fan, but bought 2 so they matched when you look into the case. I have had to go into the BIOS to override the settings so the fans are able to run all the time but otherwise they have been to trouble to install and my PC is running even cooler!
on 11 May 2015
ARCTIC F12 TC - 120 mm
i like it very much, very silent and the airflow is really good, its has a tempareture senson which controls the fan speed, so make sure u place it near the proccesor.

cons:
u cannot control the fan speed, but u can monitor the rpm
on 11 July 2015
It pretty much does as it should, it doesn't make much noise nor is it that noticeable.
The fan itself looks pretty cool too so if your going for an plain low cost fans i would go with this,
and to top it off, the day i ordered Arctic F12 TC came the next day, i was expecting it to come the next week so that was a nice surprise.
Lastly is that it is a 3 pin so if you want to control it in the bios, you can :]
on 4 January 2016
For the money I'm impressed, it feels well made and I was pleased to see its 80 bronze rated. Plenty of connectors and it's nice to see the black sheaths on the leads, it makes all the difference in a windowed case.

On the negative side it's far from being silent. However it's in the top of my case and it's fan is drawing hot air straight from the cpu heatsink, so it's not surprising that it's getting hot and the fan is having to work hard. Time for a new case, something with improved airflow and a bottom mount for the psu. I'm planning on getting another aerocool product (a blue aero 800), I didn't take the brand into account when choosing it, but I'm not surprised as the case also offers features and quality you don't expect at the price.
on 17 April 2015
Dead silent at lowest speed, gradually increases with temperature. Used to quieten a noisy PSU fan, had to try out the sensor in different locations to strike a balance between noise and temperature. Overall very pleased
on 24 October 2013
If you want to listen to the noise that this fan makes you will need a good deaf aid, designed in Switzerland it makes less noise than my ROLEX watch. Used to blow air between 2 stacked Blu Ray recorders to keep them in a cool state it is a good buy, gave it a bench test before installing by applying a warm hair drier to the sensor and even on full speed you are hard pushed to hear any noise out of it.
on 26 March 2014
This thing is awesome. I have the thermometer stuck onto my GPU so it automatically ramps up when running a game. I can't comment on how loud it is when at high RPM's but when idling it's absolutely silent.
Not only that but it's totally fine acting as my only case fan, even with a passively cooled CPU!
on 12 November 2011
Having bought silent fans in the past in the form of vantec stealth fans , i was very surprised that these fans are practically inaudible even at full load, i am especially impressed that they self regulate, i bought 3 for my home server to replace some vantec stealth fans, 2 at the front of the case and one to the rear, i also have the f8 case fan on the side. the sensors i have taped to my hard 2tb drives :)
on the whole i am seriously impressed by how silent they are, you cvan stand next to the server and you cant hear it , you can only tell its on by the power light and hdd led.
on 3 November 2015
Quieter than I expected, and very easy to install into my NAS.

The temperature control is a great feature, as it controls the speed of the fan to it's needs. When the case is cool ie my NAS has gone to sleep, the fans dial down meaning it is even quieter.

I found that sticking the temperature sensor to where it is needed means that you can control the different areas of the case effectively.

As a new reviewer on Amazon would you mind marking as useful or not useful so I can improve if needed!
on 27 February 2014
I had some overheating problems with my computer - the GPU went up to 95 degrees and the CPU to 85 so I thought I would try get some new fans to see if they make the difference.

After reading many reviews I decided to get these as they are powerful enough and control the temperature by themselves - no need to mess around in BIOS or get a program to regulate the speed for you - and they work better than I ever expected! The highest temperature I have managed to get running Bioshock Infinite on full settings in DX11 was 68 degrees! I'm really glad I didn't go for a more expensive solution. My computer has gotten a lot more quiet - these fans make little noise and obviously since it cools the CPU down the CPU fan needs to do less work as well (that was the loudest fan in my PC and now I can hardly hear it).

Piece of advice - the cables are really quite long so you can install them at the front and back of the case with no need for extension cables (I mistakenly got one thinking I would need it because I wanted to connect them to the Motherboard) and the temperature sensor cables are long as well so you can place them anywhere you like in the PC.

5/5 worth a buy - I doubt you can get much better for this price (but be sure to get 2 - for front and back!).