5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Panasonic TX-P37X20B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready 100Hz Plasma TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I bought this TV for use with my SD sky box and have owned it for nearly 2 months. I have not regretted my choice. The Panasonic menu's are easy to navigate and the TV was a breeze to set up. Picture quality is excellent, movies especially, fast motion such as sports etc are also top notch.

I have noticed that some older TV programmes do occasionally show poorer picture quality, you get a bit of a jiggered edge round faces and colours look a bit patchy etc but believe me this is very infrequent, and I have only noticed it around 2/3 times on ITV4. If your worried about old films etc suffering don't. I watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - stunning. Please do not let this stop you purchasing this TV, it is a very small thing which will not stop you enjoying your favourite programs, I think it's only noticably as the quality is so good on everything else.

Further to the above, I also have a sky HD box which I have used with the TV on occasions, picture was even more stunning.

I would highly recommend buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PIc...little too reflective, 13 July 2010
Neil Newman - See all my reviews
Love the TV. The picture quality is fantastic compared to other TV's around this price. I would definately go for this over LCD's in the price range. The picture is so much smoother.

Source for mine is Virgin Media HD box and the quality even in standard def is good (the reason I bought the plasma is my brother and sister have one and saw theirs on Standard def through Virgin and was impressed enough). Have been watching the World cup in high def and it is fantastic no complaints there.

I cannot comment on the picture quality via the integrated freeview as I do not have an ariel to hook it up to.

I Would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the very reflective screen (would give it 4.5 stars if I had the chance but had to go for 4 or 5 so went for 4). If you are watching a movie with the curtains closed then it is fine but with the curtains open in the summertime there is a lot of glare reflecting off the screen which can be quite annoying.

I am not sure whether earlier models had anti reflective screens. If so they may be a slightly better bet as apparently the panels are exactly the same.

Overall not disappointed with my purchase one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Aug. 2010
A Kid's Review
Basically this is an excellent tv. Compared to my previous tv which was a LCD the picture is much more natural - colours are lifelike and detail not overdone, just right. You definately get that "being there" feeling. Sound is an improvement on my last tv too, it has plenty of weight to it, although the standard sound setting is the best option in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value TV, 17 Aug. 2010
N. D. Stewart "VFM" (Hants UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this TV as a replacement to a Toshiba 37'' LCD (purchased thru Amazon, about 8 months ago) which developed a fault with the main on/off switch. Reported fault to Amazon who immediately arranged a full refund, with no obligation to replace from them. Decided this was the kind of customer service I like and looked to replace via them. Saw this excellent deal on Panasonic Plasma and have no regrets, TV is absolutely great, is even better than the Tosh, which I was happy with. Picture is best I've ever had. 2 small gripes - 1) the screen reflection can be a nuisance and 2) EPG has no mini window for currently watched TV. Still at c£400 this is a great value TV. First Plasma TV I've ever had and I love it, I doubt even paying for the more expensive TV's out there, could give me much more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic 100Hz, 2 July 2010
Picture quality is very good, good colouring, nice shades of black.
The Auto contrast function works well, we can watch the TV now with
without closing the window blinds on bright and sunny days.
The only thing I'm having difficulty with is the sound. I can't seem
to get a good set up on the equalizer. The TV has a speech and music
pre set function and we don't like the sound quality from either.
Don't miss under stand, the sound is Ok I just need it to be better
so I'm going to invest in a surround system. They say you can enjoy
listening to the TV through one, hear the speaking parts and the loud
special effect parts with out the hole neighbourhood having to hear it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Joy, 25 Jun. 2010
After 17 years with my old JVC CRT TV that weighed an absolute ton, I thought in all those years I was getting / watching a good picture. Well I was astonished when I set the TV up, took around 5 mins to tune in ( All automatic ), then when connected via Sky HDD the picture was incredible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panansonic Plasma - WOW !!, 15 April 2010
I've had this Plasma T.V for 2 days now and like many didn't know whether to buy a plasma or LCD.
First of all I'm very impressed with the depth of the picture, the picture appearance & clarity watching freeview channels and playing the PS3 is fantastic, playing DVD's through HDMI DVD player is also superb, I haven't even played a Blu-Ray film yet but I know this is going to be excellent as well.
The TV is easy to set up and install - power on and it does everything for you.
For the money it is excellent value, I treated myself for the World Cup this year.

Picture - 10/10
Sound - 10/10
Value for money 10/10

Price drop since I purchased - 0/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Plasma TV, 26 Nov. 2010
I've had this TV for a week and I am over the moon with it for the price. It cost less than most 50hz LCDs of similar size and the picture is very good indeed. It has replaced a 32" Sony Bravia and overall the picture is much deeper looking and the black and dark colours are incredible compared to the LCD. I would say text isn't quite as sharp as the sony 32" but that might be down to everything being slightly bigger :) The 100hz makes a massive difference to blur and the 24p true cinema setting works beautifully with blu-ray. The screen is much better protected with the glass front and looks much more expensive than the squishy LCD screens but as other reviewers have mentioned, it does cause more reflection but I've only noticed the reflection when the screen is off and you can see yourself sitting on the sofa :). I've had no problems when watching TV but I suppose if you had a window directly reflecting then you may have to adjust positioning. It has 3 x HDMI which seems plenty to me, I've got my V+HD box in one, My Blu-Ray in another and Xbox in 3rd plus you also have RBG inputs that are HD too so it has plenty of connection options. The only let down is the sound quality. It's not awful but it is not as deep and round as the 32" Bravia but i've got it plugged into a little stereo which makes it thunder without the expense of a big cinema surround system. There is a user EQ for fine tuning the sound to your liking but the bass/low frequency controls appear to do nothing at all to deepen the sound. Other than that it is a fantastic telly. 4.5 stars really because of the slightly weak sound but amazon don't do half a star. (1 thing i've noticed is that it runs my Xbox at 1080p but it's not supposed to be a full HD TV so unsure how it does that... the Sony used to run it at 1080i).

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic plasma - brilliant, 6 Sept. 2010
We received the TV on the day delivery was arranged. Setting up was carried out without any difficulty, only the connection to the Virgin Media box proved a slight problem, but this was soon sorted out with a telephone call.
We are delighted not only with the savings made by purchasing from Amazon, but the picture clarity and the colour's. I would not hesitate to recommend both the TV and Amazon to any one who was interested in the purchase of a new TV.

Jim Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy Family, 22 May 2010
We are very pleased with the performance of this Panasonic 37inch plasma TV which has now been in use for two weeks. It arrived quickly by courier and it was just a matter of unplugging the two scart plugs from my old 32inch lcd TV and inserting them into the new. The family were very happy with the factory settings and urged me not to fiddle with them just yet. Why only four stars? Well I haven't fully utilised HD yet as I am in the process of updating my Sky+ to Sky HD and won't be getting HD pictures until then. I chose Plasma because I consider it to be a bit softer on the eyes. One thing we did notice is that there is a reflection from the glass protecting the plasma screen which only my wife can see because she sits directly in front of it but she says it doesn't affect her viewing when the TV is switched on. I did notice that the large plasma screens in pubs, restaurants, etc also show a reflection but no one else seemed to notice until I pointed it out to them.