5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cool !!!!
After major knee surjery, I've found that Skechers are really the only shoes that make a difference. Walking for hours on end without pain, feeling as if you're walking on clouds, is really what Skechers are all about. A great buy for everyone
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by F. Ricci

3.0 out of 5 stars Low Level Exercise
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by E. Palmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Low Level Exercise, 24 Aug 2011
E. Palmer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skechers Women's Shape-ups XF Energy Blast Sneaker (Electronics)
I've bought Sketchers Shape Ups a number of times before, having previously been a big fan of MBT and found them just as good but 100 cheaper. It is probably my fault for not looking carefully enough when I bought these, but Sketchers have now introduced 3 other types to their range - SRT, All Terrain and XF, which these are. XF stands for Extended Fitness and they also say 'Energy Blast', which I thought sounded good - in fact both terms are really misleading. There is nothing in the listing that explains what this actually means.

When they arrived, I went out for a long walk with the dog and found them no where near as 'exercising' as my old Sketchers or MBTs. When I got home, I looked at the blurb that came in the box and notice that now, not all Shape Ups are equal - these only have a 'burn rate' of 2, in comparison with the Originals which have a 'burn rate' of 5.

Unless you are really unfit or want to use these for running, I would opt for Originals if you want to get the full exercising effect of Shape Ups. As it says in the very small print, these are 'designed for a low intensity work out'.

As ever though, they are really comfortable, but if I hadn't taken them to the park before reading the information in the box, I would have sent them back. I would say you are better off going for a run in an ordinary trainer than walking in these and expecting them to have any effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cool !!!!, 7 Feb 2011
F. Ricci (Luxembourg) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sketchers shape-ups XF Energy Blast, 13 May 2011
Had my new shape-ups about a month now. I love them, I wear them all the time. You can really feel them working on the back of your legs and they are so comfy. They don't look as 'clumpy' as most of the other shape-ups I've seen. The one and only drawback for me is that the sizes are very generous and I have to wear thicker socks but thats fine really. I've rated them 5 stars because they really are the most comfortable trainers I have ever worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shape-ups, 5 Aug 2011
Issyart (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I had been wearing another product of the same type for 3 yrs, till they wore out ! Didn't know if these would match up but at 1/3rd of the price it was worth a go. THEY ARE BRILLIANT !!!! SO comfortable I have to force myself to take them off now and then !!

4.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, and not just for exercise, 5 Aug 2011
I've had skechers before and I know they are the most comfy trainers ever, and this type is no exception. If feels like walking on a slightly squidgy pillow, but at no point did I feel unbalanced or weird about it! They have accurate sizing, which is a relief, so I'm usually a 6.5 if the shoe is narrow, but I fit perfectly into a 6. They are wearing well, the only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that they attract dust really easily when you're walking, so it's a bit of effort to maintain the black colour!

5.0 out of 5 stars soooooooooooo comfy, 22 Jun 2011
Ms L. Boocker "lin" (england) - See all my reviews
wow so comfy only trouble is never want to wear 'normal' footwear again. My feet feel so relaxed alll the time, needed no breaking in, can wear constantly with out the need to think 'I cant wait to take my shoes off after hard day shopping' great buy. Wish they had slippers

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 12 Jun 2012
I must admit these trainers are a god send to me. At work i stand all day and suffer very badly from osteo arthritis in my back and knees. but since wearing these shoes to work i have had no pain or swelling which i must say is pretty impressive. in fact i am going to be purchacing another 2 pairs of step ups but in different styles'

Well done on a great productSkechers Women's Shape Ups Trim Step Trainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Comfortable, 22 Sep 2011
I didn't buy these for their exercise value. I needed footwear that would give a good cushioning effect. I have arthritis and walking on hard pavements in normal shoes can make my feet ache after a while so these fit the bill perfectly.
Pros: Like the colour (they're called grey but I would call them beige) and appearance (sole not so deep as the higher intensity version), good fit (sizes quite generous so half a size down from usual works well), comfortable right from the start, great at ironing out all the lumps and bumps in the pavement, park etc.
Cons: Can get a bit hot in warm weather - could be improved with better ventilation such as eyelets on the medial arch area.
Instructions on the care of the uppers would be useful but actually any marks so far have wiped away with a damp cloth.
All in all, I'm very pleased with them and glad I bought them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look like a storm trooper in them, but boy, do I feel omnipotent!, 23 Nov 2012
I was after a pair of comfortable walking trainers and it was only after ordering these that I realised I had been recruited into the MBT brigade. No idea what it means - apparently it's to do with your metabolic rate and burning calories.

Anyway, I'm a 6UK and bought a 6UK. A ikle bikle bit wide but perfect length.

I was doing a Monty Python walk the first 30 seconds as I felt as though I was on rocking horse legs but after a minute I was striding up and down the corridor purposefully, not wanting to stop.

I'd certainly not wear these as a fashion statement, they are clod-hoppery, but under wide bottomed trousers and a wearing a warm gilet, they are great for daily walks and getting into the groove of MBT. TTFN

5.0 out of 5 stars Skechers shape-ups, 21 April 2012
Very happy with product, so much so that I bought a second pair! Due to a back injury, walking was difficult at times, the impact gave me quite a bit of pain but I can feel a difference in my posture which has helped greatly! Also helps me "shape-up" at the same time. Would definitely recommend this footwear to other customers