4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful stories with researched history of life in the 600s woven into the plots., 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Spider's Web (Sister Fidelma Mysteries Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
My husband recommended the series to me and I've got hooked after reading the first in the series. Kindle don't have all the books in the series so I'll have to search our local library for the missing ones. Apart from the well written and very interesting individual plots, I most loved learning about early Irish traditions and their forward thinking society structure. Maybe sometime in the next several hundred years we Brits might just about become as enlightened as the Irish of the 600s. Especially how women were treated equally to men and how their justice laws were conducted.

Shame it all must have all been swept away after their Celtic-Christian beliefs were outlawed by the strong onslaught of Catholic Christendom that swept through Europe in later years and we rushed headlong into the Dark Ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what he wanted, 15 Jun. 2014
This was brought as a band new book and it was. I bought for a present and he loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another success in the series, 19 Dec. 2013
Enjoyable reading if one likes to double a good mystery with historical information regarding the ancient kingdoms and laws of Ireland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Tremayne at his best, 9 May 2013
Loved this story Usual excellent tale where you think you know who did it to be wrong when all is revealed

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 28 April 2013
Anthony Cassar (GUDJA, MALTA) - See all my reviews
I love all Sister Fidelma,s books and Celtic history. As always Peter Tremayne does not disappoint his readers. Very recommendable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spider's Web (A Sister Fidelma Mystery: A Celtic Mystery) Kindle book, 3 Jan. 2013
Anothe excellent mystery in the series.I highly recommend that readers start at the beginning of the series with "Absolution by Murder".

5.0 out of 5 stars I didnt see that coming, 12 Dec. 2012
This Fidelma novel she's a light on how Bréhon law deal with those in society who couldnt look after themselves its truly amazing.

The novel hinges on the idea that we aren't always what people think we are.

A young boy is charged with two murders. He cannot see, hear or speak so how does he proclaim his innocence? Fidelma finds a way for him to communicate and the things he reveils are both unbelievable and true.

Not one to miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars A spiders Web, 27 Oct. 2014
Another great read, full of interesting insight into the Times, the prejudices and superstitions, whilst playing out the complex details of the plot. As always Fidelma keeps you guessing right to the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the 7th century Ireland murder mysteries and in the ..., 20 Dec. 2014
Jo Varma (Tyne and Wear, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm hooked on the series ..I love the 7th century Ireland murder mysteries and in the process one learns of early celtic life and law and early roman law early evolution of the creed. would reccommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the first Sister Fidelma book I had read- ..., 25 Sept. 2014
This is the first Sister Fidelma book I had read- I found it difficult to sort out the Celtic and old-English names, but gradually I did and found the book very enjoyable