VINE VOICEon 20 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Should I open my review with a punchline about how much this vacuum sucks? It's already been done? Oh...

The best, although most questionable way, of reviewing a vacuum is to let the dust settles, so I didn't hoover my room for a few months - this is how you put a hoover to the test!

As I mentioned in the review title, the Vax is quite heavy, meaning hauling it upstairs can prove to be a liability. Its body stores all the accessories - a smaller handheld suction brush and a tapered tube for corners, which hides inside the pull out tube, which has choked with dust when using it in its upright mode.

A well placed kick to the pedal on the unit makes it jump to life. Used a Dyson before? Imagine that volume with a loud growling! The base of the vacuum houses a rotating brush underneath, the mechanism that catches extra hairs trapped in the carpet, but would probably shred your laminate floor to pieces (it is possible to deactivate it).

So how is it in use? After a month my carpet had deeply entrenched hairs, crumbs and other questionable lint on its surface. Although the low rumble of the rotating brush prompted a few confused shouts from downstairs, it DID impress with performance in the sense that the clean and dirty carpet was comparable a lot!

Base suction is good, while the hand held extension could do with more length. Its flexible tube doesn't quite make it far enough to reach the ceiling corners.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This bagless powerful universal Vax hoover is fantastic. It has a tool that can reach up the stairs with the aid of the telescopic hose. But the one must have item is the Turbo Tool with its roatating brush bringing up all those pet hairs.The upright vax brushes and vacuums into the bagless collection cylinder.
Antibacterial Hepa Filter reduces bacteria and Allergins in the home. Another great advantage is the 2 year guarantee for piece of mind. It has a long cable that will reach through a long room without unplugging. Price is very competitive too.
on 31 January 2012
To be fair (and ceasing and desisting my awful punning right now), the suction on the vacuum cleaner is good. Better than the Dyson DC33, I think. It's also much cheaper.

However, that cheapness shines through in the quality and design.
- one of the plastic lugs holding the flexible in place on the machine broke off during the first use. As a result, the hose flops about all over the place (oo er missus) and makes the machine a thorough pain to use.
- the "Turbotool" pet hair cleaner attachment is ridiculously fiddly to get to work properly in terms of getting the rotoary brush to move at all. I just don't use it, it's so useless which makes the pet hair cleaner special finctionality claim redundent.
- when using the hose attachment, the cleaner topples over at every possible oportunity.
- only when you open the box do you find a big print warning that the the beater still keeps rotating when the hose is being used and that this can damage your carpets if you're not ultra careful about how you use it (You Have Been Warned!). I've done no carpet damage yet but to have a design like that is verging on unsatisfactory quality.

Don't buy this one unless you're just wanting a really cheap vaccum and you have a high irritation threshold. If not, you'll be annoyed with yourself in the long run.
on 5 January 2015
good if you get a lot of dog hair
on 2 March 2012
This vacuum must win an award as possible the worst designed vacuum available for the following reasons:-
1. The power cable is placed so low to the ground that I am constantly tripping up on it.
2. The one off switch is foot operated and takes a few attempts to switch on or off. It is not best placed for a on/off switch.
3. The internal " catch" that holds the cylinder upright broke after a few months and will no longer lock in place.
4. When you use the hose to do the stairs etc the whole machine topples over when the hose is stretched only a little.
5. It is a constant battle of wills when I get this machine as to who is going to give up first. The machine won... I give up
on 29 November 2010
Bought this to replace a Dyson and am very pleased with my choice. Very strong suction. Slightly difficult to put together as instructions didn't seem to match the pictures - or maybe I'm just thick! For the price I think it was a bargain buy.
on 13 January 2012
Powerful machine with good suction but personally I find it heavy to use so have now bought a Dyson lightweight model.
on 5 September 2010
I have used Vax products before and I have been very satisfied, not so with this U90 P4P.
It is heavy to use on thick carpets because height adjustment isn't very good.
The plastic construction is very cheap and nasty. This looks like a typical cheap Chinese made cleaner.
My wife hated it also and donated it to a charity shop still in the original packaging.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See one answered question