5.0 out of 5 stars Will suck your carpet dry - in a good way!
I purchased the spot washer that has the hose and attachment as this one does. I have already reviewed the item I bought and am happier with it that I could possibly imagine. I just wanted to say, this really will suck very hard and the jet spray is very efficient. Filling and emptying these machines is so easy and I wouldn't be without mine now. I know I have the...
Published on 24 May 2011 by M Belle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped
I bought this as a replacement for a VAX portable which was not very well designed and suffered from a flimsy nozzle which broke.

The Bissell has a much sturdier construction and I am sure it will not break this way.

Published 14 months ago by Mr. Alistair Rutherford

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My little green miracle, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Wow !! Haven't cleaned my stair carpets for 7 years and with three cats over that time, this is a little gem. My stair carpet looks like it was laid yesterday. I really didn't think it could look so good. The dirty water that came out was shameful. Be excepting that a little hard work is needed but you will not be disappointed. This product gets my five star vote. Easy to clean and empty. Bottles of fluid are a little pricey and small but in my opinion well worth it when you see the results. Neat and compact it's easy to put somehwere you can get to it easily and not tucked in the loft like my previous machine that I have just got rid of, and embarrassed to say NOT a Bissell.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 30 April 2013
Mr. Alistair Rutherford (Glasgow) - See all my reviews

It cleans well enough but has poor suction and does not remove enough water from the carpet or upholstry - this is obvious when you see that only a small amount of the water sprayed out actually appears back in the dirty water tank.
My previous Vax had tremendous suction and removed nearly all of the water so the carpets dried within a few hours.

I use this equipment for washing my car seats and carpets and I suspect many people buy these small washers for this purpose.

I find that for car use the spray is far too wide (both the Vax & The Bissell) so that they spray everywhere and I suggest that the manufacturers consider making an additional nozzle having a narrower spray (less than the width of the brush).
I would gladly pay extra for this facility.

Finally I see no reason why Bissell should try tie you in to their expensive cleaning fluid when there are many available cheaper products available which I am sure would not damage the machine in any way.

In conclusion I have given only 3 stars because of the poor suction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little machine., 9 July 2014
This cleaner is actually a spot or stain cleaner. It is not designed to clean entire carpets. However I have cleaned our large rug in our lounge and it came up beautifully. Yes, you will need to get on your hands and knees as it is not an upright cleaner. In fact we also have a Bissell upright carpet washer and it is nothing compared to the Little Green.

My young daughter decided to paint her hands on the arm of our sofa, using acrylic paints! My husband thought that sofa was ruined and dealt with washing the paint of our daughter instead of dealing with the sofa. However I got the Little Green out and cleaned the sofa, removing all of the paint. You would not know the paint had been on there. My daughters skin was a different story and it stayed on her for days!

I actually bought this cleaner more for cleaning our sofas. It can be hard work when they are dirty but they will come up clean every time. I am not sure how much people are prepared to spend on cleaning their sofas as we got a flyer through the letter box from a company that would have one off cleaned our sofas for the same price as this cleaner, which we can use again and again.

I have been using this machine for almost 2 years without any problems. It leaves rugs almost dry to touch. Sofa cushions are dry within a couple of hours placed by a radiator (I have only really cleaned the cushions when they have been dirty and I have given them a good soaking) turning them after an hour. I cannot rate this cleaner any higher.

All I can say if you are not 100% happy with the standard of the machine check you are doing it right (getting the solution ratio correct) and if you are and it is not working well exchange it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for spot cleaning or anyone who has pets, 9 Aug 2013
roses (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant bit of kit for spot cleaning after a spill or maintaining the lifetime of your upholstery. It's also a lifesaver for anyone with pets. I was surprised, and if not a little ashamed when I could visibly see how dirty the water was in the output tank, and it gave the confidence that it was really giving my carpets a good clean.

The cleaner is designed to be eco friendly for those who are environmentally conscious. With most parts built from mostly recycled materials, it is also energy efficient when powered and even the cleaning solution is earth friendly.

The unit and accessories were easy to put together and once assembled, all hoses and attachments can be stored away compactly without any loose ends. The large handle at the top, extra long power cord and generous hose length makes this cleaner very portable, giving you the ability to grab and go to clean at awkward places like the stairs or the inside of a car.

The tank for the cleaning solution was easy to disengage and fill up. However the tank needed to be flipped upside down to be reattached and there is a very small outlet hole for the solution to feed through to the cleaner. This meant I was caught off guard and got sprayed unexpectedly, so setting up is a bit tricky. Once filled up, the cleaner wasn't heavy and remained portable, which makes it easy to use for anyone who is less agile or mobile. On powering up it was no louder than a vacuum cleaner. The hose comes with a combo brush and spray attachment which allows you to spray the solution to the affected area to work it's magic before using the stiff brush to work out the stain and the vacuum to suck up the liquid and dirt. The hose attachment is surrounded in a clear case so you can visibly see the dirt and liquid being vacuumed. However this case cannot be unattached for cleaning, this meant I was unable to remove debris lodge in the corners which really bothered me, because I'd hate to imagine the state of it after numerous use. The best I could do was to use the force of the water in the tap to wash the majority of out. The downside of this cleaner is that it is absolutely disgusting to clean out if you don't remove solid debris and hair from the carpet or upholstery beforehand. The waste tank is see through so you can see your progress but the outlet is a hole, so the cleaner is only designed for liquid spills, anything you get solid in there will be a pain to get out. The tanks are well fitted and secure whilst on the move and with a full tank's worth of solution I was able to clean the size of a large reception area.

I have tried previous steam cleaners on upholstery with no real effect after much effort. However I have been really pleased with the performance of this little cleaner and it's handy to keep those nasty spills from remaining a permanent stain. The vacuum helps the upholstery dry a lot quicker, the hallway I cleaned was fully dry after a whole noon and night. The cleaning solution supplied leaves a lovely fragrant smell. This is a great piece of household kit to help maintain the life of your carpets and anywhere that's usually awkward to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Product Purchase 2013, 16 Jun 2013
Honestly. This kit should come free with every baby and pet. This is a well designed and thought through product that blows the upright carpet cleaners away for practical everyday use. Its the perfect tool for pet and kid mess - wine... coffee... etc. We mostly have all-wool carpets and rugs and we've used it everywhere in the house. It is also the perfect cabriolet cleaner if you have a soft-top car.

Why do I love it?
1 - you don't need to empty it everytime you use it. It is standing by ready to go in a cupboard.
2 - its compact and light so easy to cart up and down stairs.
3 - its easy to pack and unpack - taking only a couple of seconds to unwind the cord and hose.

We also have an upright VAX but hardly ever use it now we have this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked little gadget, 21 Aug 2012
Nigel Miles "Made in Devon" (Totnes) - See all my reviews
Don't be put off by the compact size of this mighty green machine! I bought it yesterday and had it working 10 mins after it arrived, it is that easy!

I hire the Rug Doctor about 4 times a year, I have white carpets, a dog n cat, and live near the beach. Rug Doctor is great, but HUGE and expensive. I could never afford to own it. What I was looking for when I purchased this was something to fill in the gap between hires. I have a 6ft shag-pile rug which is great, but often begins to give off a whiff of Eau De Wet Dog after about two months without a clean, and then there the incidents of the cat, the field mice and voles and the door mat, all of which end badly for the mice and doormat.

Today I freshened up both the rug and door mat and can honestly say that it is equally powerful and efficient as a large machine such as the Rug Doctor.

It's really easy to clean and empty too.

Wouldn't want to risk a repetitive strain injury by trying to use it to clean the big carpets, but it will be great on stairs, sofas and spills.

Highly recommended! Seriously folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little green machine, 2 Sep 2012
I love this little machine. I bought it primarily for the car. After 6 years of using those spray on, hoover off cleaners it was clear they weren't working! So I plumped for this based on the reviews and it's made the car seats look brand new, and the proof of the pudding was the brown gunky water left in the machine afterwards. Really easy to set up (just one screw) and easy to add the water and detergent. I was so impressed with the car, I used it on the stairs and the carpet came up really nicely too. Very impressed so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little machine, 25 July 2012
Best gadget I've bought for some while. The sheer size of most carpet cleaners was offputting and of the reasonably priced smaller uprights most seemed to have indifferent reviews. I mainly wanted one to clean the occasional spill. I spotted this one on Amazon and bought it based on the positive reviews. It is terrific. It cleans well and quickly, is light to carry, easy to fill and to empty and is small enough to store easily. Also good value and with a cheerful design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for stairs, easy to use, 1 May 2013
It works well and is easy to use, actually a lot easier than the full sized Bissell Aroma Pro which is prone to problems with its mixing system. Also got this at a great price (75 here, 99 most other places).

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little machine, 23 May 2012
I purchased this machine because I have three dogs and a small amount of storage space. I am so pleased I bought it. I not only use it to keep my rugs clean and fresh but have also cleaned my suite with it. It is a wonderful machine and you can keep the solution in the tank just in case of emergency spills. The only thing wrong I have found with it is that the solution is quite expensive and hard to find but you can order it on amazon at the time of buying the machine so it is only a little gripe. I have no problems with the machine itself and would not be without it now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›