5.0 out of 5 stars Will suck your carpet dry - in a good way!
Published on 24 May 2011 by M Belle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped
I bought this as a replacement for a VAX portable which was not very well designed and suffered from a flimsy nozzle which broke.

The Bissell has a much sturdier construction and I am sure it will not break this way.

It cleans well enough but has poor suction and does not remove enough water from the carpet or upholstry - this is obvious when you see...
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Alistair Rutherford

5.0 out of 5 stars Will suck your carpet dry - in a good way!, 24 May 2011
M Belle (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased the spot washer that has the hose and attachment as this one does. I have already reviewed the item I bought and am happier with it that I could possibly imagine. I just wanted to say, this really will suck very hard and the jet spray is very efficient. Filling and emptying these machines is so easy and I wouldn't be without mine now. I know I have the spot wash part on mine too, but I really wouldn't be without the hose attachment. I've had this sort of machine before and it's not sucked anything up or been as easy to use. You wont be disappointed with the power. You don't have to use the solution provided either. If it's a minor stain or it needs a different kind of cleaner that you prefer, it will work fine. I spray my stains with a general carpet cleaning spray and then use the cleaner to rinse it off. As long as the product isn't too foamy, you'll be ok. None I've tried have caused a problem.

Please read my review on the Bissel spot washer if you want so read about it in more detail.

UPDATE...15th July 2012:
Since buying my machine, I have never used the products Bissell recommend. I have only used products I know will not harm or bleach my carpets. I'm fairly old and not that inclined to be told what I can and can't use on my own carpets in a machine I have paid for out of my own money. Still...now...this machine is in great working order and we use it ALL THE TIME! It's very easy to work out which products do not foam. It's like knowing not to put washing-up liquid in your washing machine to avoid Frank Spencer type accidents.

To be honest...if it went wrong, I'd be happy to buy a new one straight away and immediately bin the tiny samples of carpet cleaner that come with it. I use any clear anti-bacterial spray that does not foam at all to spray the problem areas...then just suck it all up with clean water. You can always spray with a fabric freshener of your choice after...like we do. In short, I don't care about the warranty.

Quite frankly, I think threatening customers with the worry of an invalid warranty is more likely to ward off new buyers than attract them. This machine is incredibly effective and it's a shame Bissell, and similar manufacturers, don't realize it's in their best interests to recommend a good, basic, antibacterial or cleansing spray that is readily available, rather than whine on about how terrible it would be to even look at another product while using their machines. Washing machine manufacturers do it.

As I said...still using the machine and still very happy, but potential customers like you, Mark, will be put off time and time again. What a shame. Bissell will probably send someone round to duff me up now...and, if they do, I'll buy a Karcher too!...if I can still walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little green magic machine, 13 Jun 2012
M. Murray "Pladien" (Stockport UK) - See all my reviews
I have just received my little magical green machine. What a great machine this is. I have cleaned my stair carpet with it and was very surprised how much dirt came out of it. I only cleaned the carpet a few weeks ago with the spray and foamy type of cleaner and thought it was clean then. The green machine took twice as much dirt out and left my carpet almost dry. I would highly recommend this wonderful cleaning machine to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a two year old stain out!, 28 Nov 2012
I have always wanted a Bissell but we didn't have room for one of the big uprights and I'd already shelled out on a useless steam cleaner that took up most of our space and money and didnt give me much faith in big, expensive machines that promise the earth. Then I saw this.

Around two years ago my little boy had an accident in our bed, I immediatley treated the mattress with Vanish - no joy. Then 1001 - no joy. Then I spent 250 on a steam cleaner - no joy!! So I thought that this stain was destined to stay there forever and cringed massively when my husbands friend helped us move house and there was this humongous yellow wee stain on OUR snow white mattress!! I repeated all of the above several times over a couple of years and all with no joy! (you might be wondering why we didn't just change the mattress, due to hubby's bad back we have a special all singing mattress that cost well over 1000)
I saw this being demo'd on a shopping channel and was secretly impressed but still a bit sceptical about its claims but I had a light bulb moment when she pointed out it could be used on mattresses/car seats etc, etc.
I shoppped around and dilly dallied a bit about the price but lo and behold it popped up on amazons lightning deals at a snip so I bought it on the spot, and I'm glad I did!

Firstly, out of the box it took me all of four minutes to read the instructions, pop the extra bits on, fill it up and turn it on. Within another fifteen the mattress had had its first once over. And the magic started, right before my eyes the stain has all but disapeared. It needs another go but fair enough, the stain is two years old! If I'd have had this at the time I have no doubt at all that it would have sorted it out there and then.
I would say that it definatley is for small areas and spills/accidents, you would be busy doing a large area on your hands and knees but its a god send! I'm slightly immobilised at the moment due to being pregnant and I had a stiff back by the time I'd finished which would have been worse if it had been a carpet I was working on, not a bed.

We are hosting christmas at ours this year and before I got this I was worrying about drinks being spilt on our brand new carpets, we have a range of unsteady over 80's to boisterous under 6's (15 adults and 6 kids in total) coming on xmas day and my husband is having palpitations at the thought of it! His favourite saying at the moment is 'do you know how much these carpets cost?' everytime he catches one of the kids, or me, having a biscuit in the lounge! This machine is going to be worth its weight in gold!!

I will update this review if at any time the machine fails! But so far I would definately reccomend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little helper around the home!, 15 April 2013
I was a bit dubious about how effective this wee gadget would be, but I absolutely love it. I did all my research reading lots of reviews and thought I would try it, now I wouldn't be without it!

After 14 years of perfect behaviour - hotels, B&Bs, friends' and relative's homes, international travel and all! - my female cat decided to start using my living room plant as her litter tray, don' know if it was bad weather or another cat intimidating her. Anyway that was the main reason for buying this cleaner, and it certainly worked! I haven't replaced the carpet in the living room after moving in (just as well!) and it left the carpet sweet smelling and cleaner than it was before the cat's errant behaviour! I bought the pet cleaner for the Bissell too, and together they work a charm. The suction in taking up the suds is excellent and within a lot of hours the carpet is completely dry.

The only thing I have tried that is not in the instructions is that for a stubborn stain or somewhere where you want to scrub well, apply the cleaning solution liberally and leave for a few seconds. Switch off the engine ( which will suck up your suds or solution) scrub well with the attachment and brush with ALL the solution, and then switch on the motor again to take up all the soiled liquid. If you keep the motor running it will take up some of the cleaning solution you need to scrub. But this has been very effective.

I have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone. You can even leave the cleaning solution that you have measured out in the tank until the next job! This makes the gadget great for little jobs, which otherwise you might leave until you have a bigger area to clean. LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - wouldn't be without it., 20 Nov 2012
I borrowed a bigger wet cleaner (one of the 500 yellow ones) and was hoping that I could find one that did the same job at a lower price.

This thing is a lovely device, the suction is perfectly adequate and the cleaning it delivers is excellent. I used warm water laundry liquid to save some of the specific solutions to clean my sofa and the results were very good indeed.

Remember to allow a few hours drying time to anything you clean as it will not pull all of the water out - as you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super star, 16 Dec 2012
Living in the country with three Jack Russells, muddy paw prints are a constant source of headache.... Not any more with this fab little machine. It freshens up in minutes.

I have used it on a normal carpet, a rather expensive persian rug and upholstery. It has performed like a little star each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little machine, 23 May 2012
I purchased this machine because I have three dogs and a small amount of storage space. I am so pleased I bought it. I not only use it to keep my rugs clean and fresh but have also cleaned my suite with it. It is a wonderful machine and you can keep the solution in the tank just in case of emergency spills. The only thing wrong I have found with it is that the solution is quite expensive and hard to find but you can order it on amazon at the time of buying the machine so it is only a little gripe. I have no problems with the machine itself and would not be without it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget I have purchased in years, 3 April 2014
I had a black and grey (should be white) rug in the hall way. With 2 large American bulldogs and a partner in the waste disposal industry treading dirt, oil and all sorts in, I thought I would have to throw it away as it really had seen better days. Little Green is AMAZING just one going over and it is like new. I truly mean it, so many gadgets don’t do what they say but this does. My house proud mum was also so impressed she is now going to get one. Every home should have one of these SUPER, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL little machines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doh! Didn't realise it's a spot cleaner, 6 Sep 2013
I didn't realise this is a spot cleaner. You have to kneel on the floor to use it on a carpet. However - it was easier to clean a whole dining room carpet by crawling round the floor using this Little Grren machine, than getting my old, huge, clunky, carpet cleaner out of the shed (it's too big to keep indoors), and fiddling around to set it up. And it's great for stair carpet, which my big, old machine can't really cope with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cleaner, 25 Mar 2013
Mrs. Norma Crook (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This carpet cleaner is just what I wanted. It isn't too big to store or carry and is excellent for small carpet areas. It is a hand machine therefore you do have to kneel when cleaning. But this wasn't a problem. My only criticism is the design of the liquid container. Because of the rounded shape you cannot stand the container anywhere for filling. I find holding it in one hand whilst filling with the other quite awkward. But on the whole it is a good little machine and good value for money.