5.0 out of 5 stars On Fishing at Sea, 5 Mar 2010
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
This is a very good book.
My only concern is that it appears to be a copy of his last book 'Out of the Blue' in a different cover so if (like me) you bought 'Out of the Blue' don't bother buying this one.
Maybe it's been 'rebranded'?

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for fishing addicts, 6 Sep 2012
Kilty "Peter Latham" (Carrowdore, County Down) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Kindle Edition)
Chris Yates, always produces classics. If you have had the good fortune to hear him talk or seen his film's, then you will under stand when I say
" you, may be reading this book but it's as if Chris is narrating the book to you ". His style of writing makes for a space in time, once started
reading you loose track of the time, his detail of events is so descriptive it's as if you are there with him. Another one for your classic collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 6 July 2013
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
This is a great book and a very good addition to Chris Yates books. After reading it I felt inspired to fish in the sea and it gave me confidence in reading how he catches sea fish when everytime I have tried I have failed so badly!

Keep up the writing and I look forward to reading your books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book!, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
Brilliant little book, which isn't all about catching fish, but is more about the pleasure of sea fishing in beautiful places. The book is so well written that you could almost be there with Chris. My favourite bit of the book is when he catches a decent bass, revels in the beauty of it and then puts it back in the sea. I can't remember the last time I killed a fish and I certainly wouldn't dream of killing a bass these days, so he is very much a man after my own heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars An idyllic book, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
In the style of "How to Fish", I loved the quality of the writing. Ideal reading to make anyone interested in fishing, or the natural world, feel happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars annoyed, 3 Mar 2010
Ms. S. Goosey - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
i am very annoyed as you recommended this book to me and i got it for my partner for valentines day.little did i know i had already given him this book,bought at amazon but with a different title.this is very misleading as not being a fisherman myself i didn't realise it was the same book.amazon should not have recommended a book to me which i had already bought.alas i felt very sad that my lovely partner didn't get a present for valentines in the end.
i am also suprised that chris yates allowed the book to change titles,i am familiar with him and held him in high regard,not any more.does everything have to be about money.
it is a fantastic book though.

4.0 out of 5 stars On fishing at sea by Chris Yates, 14 July 2011
Mr. R. D. Thomas (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Fishing At Sea (Paperback)
Another fluent read from one of the true masters of the fishing literature world. This book flows so well explaining Chris's love of all things watery from an early age. If you are an angler or maybe even not then Chris's writing is simply infectious. My only criticism is just as a days fishing goes too soon as does Chris's perambulations towards his beloved ocean in this book. Saying that I know that this is one of only a handful of books I will happily go back and read again & again...

On Fishing At Sea