5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!!
I was a little dubious at first at watching this film as I hadn't heard good things.....But what can I say it was a laugh from start to finish. Sandra Bullock is as always fantastic, her portrayal of Mary was absolutley faultless and possessed many qualities which I found myself relating to. It's about realising it's OK to be different and that you don't have to be normal...
Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Flintstones

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad beyond belief!
I watched this film the other night with a growing sense of disbelief at just how bad it actually was. 'No', I kept thinking to myself, 'it can't really be that bad. There must be some sort of clever post-modern irony going on here'. Alas, however, there was not and it really was as bad as I feared! Both the screenplay and plot are banal and puerile beyond belief. The...
Published on 17 May 2012 by Gadfly

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Sandra bullock film, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I hadn't heard of it before ordering, but with Sandra bullock and Bradley cooper in it I thought it would be good. Poor story line, cheesy embarrassing scenes, this one should be missed.

3.0 out of 5 stars not a normal sandra film, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I love sandra bullock and hadn't seen this film so thought I would give it a go I didn't like it to start with and nearly turned it off after 20 mins it was the annoying lispy voice she gave her character that just grated on me. But I stayed with it and I'm glad I did it got better its still not a brilliant film and certainly not sandra bullocks best work but worth a watch. Its not your normal sandra bullock comedy so die hard fans might be disapointed and best stick with her earlier films but if you fancy something a bit different give a try you might just like it

4.0 out of 5 stars A Strangly Polarising Film, 10 July 2012
M. Steele (Komatipoort, South Africa) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Is 'All About Steve' one of the great films of all time? - No. Does it have virtues? - Yes. The premise is that mainstream society is quite intolerant of difference and that our perceptions of 'normal' are constantly manipulated and exploited by a shallow, self serving media. Bullock is so obviously playing a (very mildly) autistic individual (Asperger's one would suppose) who is trying to fit in with the day to day expectations placed on an attractive woman. Miss that and I suspect a blat in the face with a baseball bat is your general level of perception. She has sexual urges, a desire to be loved and accepted - don't we all? She lacks a protective veneer of social finesse born of a very literal mind. She is fascinated by knowledge - most people can't walk and chew gum, but lie most effectively. She is a misfit: mostly by being honest, intelligent affectionate and trustingly genuine. This makes her challenging and and many people despise her or fear her for that - or simply exploit her for that. Society has shallow virtues and and dumbed down thought to simple verities - our media pander to this. 'All About Steve' challenges those simple verities, whilst the vitriole it has received in some quarters proves just how pervasive they are. No it's not a masterpiece but IS reasonably brave cinema in a fantastically cowardly age.

4.0 out of 5 stars sandra, she is good, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
really like sandra bullock, she is so funny, although a watchable film she has done a lot better ones. Teens are best suited to view than the older person like myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars All About Steve, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Its not your usual love story, which is why I liked it so much. Its not predicitable, just laugh out loud comedy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Sandra Bullock film, 2 May 2010
K. Ross "kliross" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
First off this is a chick flick - if you are a guy then you are not going to like it. It is also not about world peace and it is not the next Oscar worthy film.

It is a couple of hours of Sandra Bullock doing what she does best - entertaining. It is pure escapism at it's best.

Sandra Bullock plays a girls who gets a bit obsessed about a guy after she goes on a very short date with him and then gets wrong information from his insecure co-worker about how much he likes her. She pursues him relentlessly through America and picks up some great friends along the way.

I laughed myself silly at bits and cringed behind a cushion at the truly cheesy moments but overall I enjoyed the film.

If you are a true Sandra Bullock fan then I think that you will enjoy the film too and so will most people who don't expect too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended!!, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Now I love Sandra Bullock and I simply adore the gorgeous Bradley Cooper (main reason I purchased this DVD actually!!!) but this film is incredibly poor. Sandra Bullock's character is extremely irritating and if it weren't for the fact that Bradley Cooper is sooooo good looking, I would have switched off way before the end!! Not recommended in my opinion!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined my bday!, 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Went to the cinema with a group of friends for my birthday, we fight about what we're gonna see all the way there and so i let my brother pick.....big mistake! We had to it through this load of RUBBISH!

I love Sandra Bullock, but this was the worst movie she's ever made! My friend was actually gonna walk out it was that bad! Her character was SO annoying, and i know she was meant to be but it was TOO MUCH! I coudnt stand it!

Definitely a low point for Sandra Bullock!

4.0 out of 5 stars Its all about Not judging a book by it Cover, 22 Jun 2010
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Loved this film, first saw it on a plane on the way to Canada. I love watching anything with Sandra Bullock in it and have watched her work in all kinds of films and often her characters are quite feisty, however, in this film 'All About Steve' she plays a completely different type of character, quirky and unusual. It is fun and light hearted, definately a bit of a chick flick, but there is a moral hidden in there like all good films and by the end of it there is a bit of a twist....which showed that getting what you want in life isn't necessarily about getting the man!!

5.0 out of 5 stars so, so, funny!, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I got this film anticipating that it would not be very entertaining. How wrong was I? This was so, so, funny. My girls and I had to rewind several bits we were laughing so much.

Bullock is my favourite actess and apart from the poor choice of hair colour she does not disappoint.

A silly film that requires little concentration to plot/story line but was definitely feel good entertainment.

All About Steve [DVD]
All About Steve [DVD] by Phil Traill (DVD - 2010)
2.73