5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!!
Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Flintstones

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad beyond belief!
Published on 17 May 2012 by Gadfly

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad beyond belief!, 17 May 2012
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film the other night with a growing sense of disbelief at just how bad it actually was. 'No', I kept thinking to myself, 'it can't really be that bad. There must be some sort of clever post-modern irony going on here'. Alas, however, there was not and it really was as bad as I feared! Both the screenplay and plot are banal and puerile beyond belief. The characters were one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs espousing a mawkish sentimentality or completely faux emotions. The film was an insult to all of the cast who surely deserve better than this. I like the lead actors (the gorgeous Sandra Bullock and uber-hunk Bradley Cooper) but this film is definitely not worthy of them. To add insult to injury, the title of course references one of the greats of American cinema. Films like this give cinema a bad name. Fortunately the DVD only cost me 3 but I definitely want a refund! The Amazon review system doesn't allow you to award 0 stars which I would if I could. Most definitely nul points as they say in a certain Eurotrash competition. Sorry guys - but an absolutely terrible effort!

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 17 April 2012
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst i am a fan of some of Sandra Bullocks films, Few would argue she is hardly the greatest actress in the world. with her stuttering apporach "All About steve" is appalling. this is not your usual sandra bullock vehicle its a sad attempt at trying to be hip and trying to fit in with many films nowdays of being crude and laughter free. Sandra's "acting" leaves a lot to be desired with weird face pulling a smatterting of innuendo whilst she attemps to be young which simply does not work. the plot is terrible. the scenes are incredulous and if you are a fan of Sandra bullock's while you were sleeping etc then you would be best to avoid this.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!!!!, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I was a little dubious at first at watching this film as I hadn't heard good things.....But what can I say it was a laugh from start to finish. Sandra Bullock is as always fantastic, her portrayal of Mary was absolutley faultless and possessed many qualities which I found myself relating to. It's about realising it's OK to be different and that you don't have to be normal to find a niche in life and in society. An excellent film which I will watch again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars "All About Steve" on BLU RAY - Compatibility Issues On This USA-Only Release For UK Buyers..., 2 Mar 2014
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I’ve had the enjoyable and admittedly fluffy "All About Steve" on 'DVD' for some time now.
But I find if I want to upgrade - the USA-only 20th Century Fox 'BLU RAY' is REGION A LOCKED - so it won't play on UK machines.

Once again we're stuck with an out-dated format and once again this crazy Region Coding system is stymying our viewing...

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 29 Aug 2012
A very uncomfortable movie
Thought it might be as good as san bullock usual easy watches - sadly not - or maybe it just didn't appeal to me

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst film I have ever seen, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Do not buy this, it is the worst film i have ever seen. I felt i had wasted an hour and a half of my life which i will never get back! Normally i like Sandra Bullock but she stinks in it. The plot is rubbish as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
I believe most people did not understand this film and were expecting a typical Sandra Bullock rom-com. Certainly, it starts in this fashion,but you soon realise that the character SB plays is not just quirky,but is more than that. She is "different" .Now is that quirky,or perhaps is she Asperger's or something similar .Very bright,but unnaturally (obsessively) focussed on crossword puzzles to shut out the world and have a refuge from people making fun of her-I felt that SB was playing the part of someone who was not quirky but "different" .She naively believes what people tell her,and tries to "fit in" to the world around her,but recognises that she does not really fit the mould of the typical person.She gets taken advantage of by a TV news team seeking sensationalist stories.But in following them around,SB comes into contact with other people who seem to turn up at these strange news happenings regularly.Soon she makes friends with them,and finds that in their strangeness,she has a lot in common.In fact,she is much more comfortable with them,than with "regular people".And it becomes clear to her that instead of trying to fit in with "normal people"(which she has been trying to do),she should be herself and find others like her,as with them they don't judge her and she fits in perfectly.
So ,it's not a rom-com,and while there are funny moments,this is a movie with a bit of a message-it's ok to be different,and don't be ashamed of it,just go and find others who are also different,and you can be happy with them as your friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny, 2 Jan 2011
S. Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Amazed that anyone could write a negative review of this film as I have just chortled my way through it. It is an unconventional film but Bullock really pulls it off in her role as a socially gauche, fiercely clever woman who is seeking to be normal only to ultimately realise that normality was hers all along. There are some glorious moments of slapstick comedy and it is undoubtedly a film that I will watch again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as some say, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Definetly a nice movie and not as bad as some say. And definetly not so bad to deserve a Razzy (the reason why I wanted to see for myself).
The story is thin and told a million times before but still it's a nice movie about finding to yourself despite what others think about you. Since I'm a Sandra Bullock fan I have to say that she's been better but she's been worse. So don't expect to much but don't misss out on it just because some people think it's silly - which it is, but in a charming way.
One good reason to watch it is Bradley Cooper - he takes off his shirt which is always a damn good reason to watch his movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lighthearted film, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: All About Steve [DVD] (DVD)
Sandra Bullock plays a super-smart, quirky, misfit crossword puzzle composer in this film, and it's genuinely a feel good film. I'm usually quite biased while reviewing Sandy's films, due to the fact I'm a die hard fan, but I would recommend this to anyone looking for a film to watch on a night in. Loved it!

All About Steve [DVD]
All About Steve [DVD] by Phil Traill (DVD - 2010)
2.99