4.0 out of 5 stars Tag Book
These books are great. However I was a little more disappointed with this one than the other ones we have.
I didn't realise I was buying a shortened version of the Toy Story 3 story, so it doesn't quite work as well as the story should. It would have been better just to write a new story.
Also the final activities aren't as good in the other books, in fact the...
Published on 1 Nov. 2010 by gem

3.0 out of 5 stars good and bad
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
Published 14 months ago by nuh

4.0 out of 5 stars Tag Book, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Book: Disney-Pixar Toy Story 3 Together Again (Works with Tag) (Toy)
Also the final activities aren't as good in the other books, in fact the first one is quite confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tag reader book, 29 Dec. 2010
My daughter loves this tag reader book. She sits in her bedroom and reads and does the puzzles by her self, she is only 3!, it entertains her for hours, she does have other books, but this is the favourite at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Addition to any Tag Library, 11 July 2011
Used in conjunction with the Leapfrog Tag Reader, this Toy Story book really comes alive and keeps my four year old happily occupied for ages - having fun and learning at the same time!

The appearance and format of the book itself reminds me of the Disney Grolier type stories, with the story being a very condensed version of the Toy Story 3 film. The story is true to the film, however, so this version should not cause any problems for a child who is already familiar with the film itself.

The characters all have their original voices from the film too and my son enjoys just pressing his 'magic pen' on the various characters' pictures just to hear their catchphrases and fun sound effects. He particularly likes the aliens on the final game, especially the ones that sign a surprisingly catchy song! My son does find some of the tasks and activities a little challenging at the minute, although not to the extent that it causes any frustration or spoils his enjoyment. He really likes the final game which involves following clues to find a specific alien, although this is on a timer which makes it quite tricky for him. His older brother is at the very top of the age recommendation for this book and loves playing that game - it is surprisingly addictive! The other main activity (where the child selects different objects to 'create their own story') has proven to be less popular, though. There are also lots of games and activities throughout the story to keep the child interested.

I do find the American accent of the story narrator a little grating, particularly as my four year old is quite slow using his reader at this stage and not always very accurate at 'reading' every single word, giving something of a stilted robotic effect! The narrator for the games and activities uses an English accent, however.

In all, I would recommend this book for any child with a Tag Reader, especially any young Toy Story fans as I don't think they would be disappointed in any way. This is a book that has a lot of features and has the potential to grow with a child at the bottom end of the recommended age range.

3.0 out of 5 stars good and bad, 23 Jan. 2014
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, fun and educational!, 18 May 2011
S Weston "mrs skefton" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Although the story is only a short version of the film (it sort of has to be really) my daughter loves it. As with other tag books I love the way it works, my daughter is learning so much more - we do read it together but she also reads it alone when she wakes up far too early!

I can't recommend the tag reader system enough and this book is essential for any Toy Story fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 9 Oct. 2011
this was a brilliant buy my sons love reading with the tag and even with out teachers have complemented me saying how well they read and they r both ahead with their reading and im sure its the tag that has helped dont think they would have sat down with a book as long as they do with these books well done leapfrog another great buy from from u

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the TAG reader!, 12 April 2011
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This is probably my daughter's favourite Tag books as she is a big TS fan and there are so many sound effects on the page. I think anything that encourages reading and pre reading is worth 5*.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for grandson, 14 Feb. 2013
Difficult to get grandson to ready but this grabbed his attention quite well. He liked the story but would rather have an adult read it to him, than do it himself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Jan. 2013
Mark Palmer - See all my reviews
Jessie really steals the show but not enough about Bullseye; he's a vastly underated star & it wasn't fair that he was made into glue to adhere Woody's hat back on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woody rides again, 31 Jan. 2013
Good product at the price--a bit light on content Fairly typical of the Leapfrog range you either buy into Leapfrog or you don't

My grandson loves it