on 6 June 2013
One of a girl's worst fears if you get a puncture is to get the wheel off to put the spare on and this makes it so easy it's laughable.
Arrived unbelievably quickly to my front door, does everything it says it does and gives me peace of mind.
on 28 August 2013
So I am on the motorway, I get a puncture - "no Problem" I have the spare wheel in boot and the jack but then despite all my efforts I cannot get the wheel nuts off, an hour later the breakdown guy arrives - guess what he cannot get them off either so tow to the garage where finally they can get it off. That happened in Portugal, I ordered 2 of these (a bit of a risk on some reviews it seems) as I wanted one to go back to Portugal with my brother in law. We tried it before he went and boy it was impressive, got my car wheel nut of in one blow. He took it back to Portugal to try on his jeep (the one that had the puncture) on the other wheels, as we assumed they had all been put on by the same air driver, this time it took 2 blows on each nut and off it came. Also tried it on doing them up on the digital torque settings and found that went well, and as I have a torque wrench was able to compare up to the max setting on my old wrench and found it to be quite accurate although it can only be set in increments of 10 N*m good enough for most raw applications. On my Audi it is 120 N*M but can vary from 100 to 160 the max I have seen. Trouble is most garages and tyre places just set to an average of 130 or 140 and unless you are a body builder getting of the nuts on that tightness is almost impossible but Liftmaster Impact wrench solves that without pausing for breath.

I have read some reviews that describe the build of this drill as poor or disappointing, I total disagree the drill is well balanced and the body casing is robust and in my opinion well made. The case is a bit more "plastic" but it is perfectly adequate and holds the various nut sizes on double ended sockets the quality of which is good to withstand the impacts.

I have now tested the second one and as the first one performed brilliantly. So from my point of view 2 out of 2 100% In my view every car that has a spare wheel should have one as this 12v plug in drill it is well designed and well thought out, a brilliant must have bit of kit, that stows in the boot or even in the spare wheel inner rim. I know you can get 18v battery impact drivers, and considered it, but with only occasional use what's the chance of finding the battery flat if you keep it in the boot of the car.
on 16 March 2013
I wanted to be sure the device operates more than a few times!!! Luckily we do not use it every day, hence the late review.
Now I replace my wheels every year in winter and spring without problem and effortlessly.
I keep the device constantly in the boot.
Happy with my purchase, I recommend.
4 stars because the casing was broken and closed with a cable tie when I received it (looks like it has been already used). I did not return it, as long as the device works is what counts ;-)
on 26 February 2014
Seriously has got to be one of my best buys, after trying to change my breaks but not even able to get the wheel off as some grease monkey over tightened it, I found myself jumping up and down on a wrench all 16 stone of myself without the slightest movement, along comes this machine and I'm thinking noway is this doing it, not powered by the cig socket, oh yes it did with ease, I find myself trying to find things to do on my car just so I can use it! Brilliant bit of kit
on 13 April 2012
This is a review from someone who has never changed a wheel and usually had a mechanic to change it. I was able to understand the instructions and deduce how to make sure the wheel was secure.

Once I got this I immediately tried to loosen the bolts. My attempt did not work and I realised that its possible that it was over tightened. So I hand loosened the bolts.

Tightening was very easy. I set it to the closest/highest to 10nm. I don't know if that will make a difference as they say the wheel had to be 86nm. As the bolt was tightened, it showed how much was done and when it was finished.

My problems were that some of the bolts became loose as I was tightening adj to the first, which was annoying. I made sure each bolt was tightened and unable to move with force. It could be my own fault and I made sure that the bolts were hand tightened to avoid cross threading.

After test driving and making sure it was all secure I am satisfied that I got my monies worth. I hope that this does not need future calibrations or adjustments but it would be good to know that the tool is accurate whenever I use it to change a wheel for personal use.
on 26 March 2014
Bought this on a complete offchance but I am more than pleased I did. It managed to undo a Rover 827 crank pulley nut that a 1/2" air impact gun couldn't shift and has proved very useful on quite a few jobs since then. It is well made but I wouldn't go throwing it about as the plastic casing and digital display may get damaged but take care of it and it seems like it should keep plodding on. Digital display in nm but very handy nonetheless. Useful for motorcycle fork damper rods too, overall a very useful tool and small enough to keep in the boot to make roadside wheel changes a little easier.
on 15 August 2012
It seems to work well, though the action is unlike conventional air impact wrenches, as it works on the principle of inertia. In other words, it relies on the tool rotating at high speed and then a sudden 'thump' of torque to tighten the nut/bolt! A bit of a shock on the first usage..
I just hope it will be able to take the wear and tear of regular use..the main parts seem to be made of metal, which is a good sign..
The company delivered the product very quickly and it was well packaged. I think I shall be happy with the purchase in the long term and would have no hesitation in dealing with the company again..
on 20 August 2014
I was a bit sceptical first, a 12V impact wrench, but it works, torque setting is pretty accurate and the whole unit is quite compact to fit in the boot and have it ready in case of a flat tyre.
This is actually the second unit I have bought, it is for my future father-in-law as he asked me to get one for him too, after the air powered impact wrench he had bought failed to undo the wheel bolts on his car. No problem for Liftmaster though!
on 19 July 2011
I had to tighten the wheel axle nuts to 200nm and my torque wrench only went up to 140nm. Looking online, this seemed a very reasonable way of tightening it with the bonus of being able to use it at other times. The first one I received was faulty and would not work at all. A replacement was immediately despatched (arrived next day) and although a little offputting at first as it is like a rotating hammer action, it worked a treat. It may not be too robust but to be able to tighten to 200nm was invaluable.
on 31 August 2014
item arrived ok ,very fast delivery,just got too use it this weekend the cigar lighter plug got very hot , i looked at the plug and there is a spring missing between the fuse and plug tip , i have asked liftmaster for a spring ,but i have not heard back from them yet.

Please be aware that you the user are responsible for the product return if the item is faulty , i am not sure if this is in keeping with the sale of goods act 1979 under faulty items

The tools seems well made it does what it says on the tin, would i have paid full price No