on 6 July 2011
I was concerned about buying this for my Sony TV due to the other reviews. Having recieved it I waited until all had gone to bed to make sure that I was not delaying thier TV. Needed have worried,even though there is very little instruction with it I plugged it in to the TV and instantly found,located the network and connected wirelessly with no issues. It took me a little timre to key in the details but put that down to old age but once done within seconds looking at and watching films etc on the internet.
I have a strong wireless connection as the router is in the other room and it showed a strong signal and connection was not an issue.
All I can say is this worked for me and I can now also plug this into my blue ray player.
Highly recommended.
on 18 December 2012
Bought it for our new Sony TV to get onto the internet. It worked but was very slow - perhaps the walls of our 1930s house are too thick for the wi-fi signal. But my iPad workes wirelessly from the same router in the same room as the TV.

Ended up buying two wi-fi adaptors so that the broadband signal is sent through the house electricity wiring. This was somewhat better that the USB network adaptor.
on 12 May 2011
This turned my DVD player into a video streamer, I can watch all kinds of content including YouTube straight from me DVD player.
The device itself was not sensitive enough to work plugged directly into my player as the signal in that place was not strong enough.
Luckily the device comes with a extension USB cable and a small stand that enabled me to place it higher up where it found the signal perfectly.
Nice little device especially for showing YouTube clips on my HD TV across HDMI from my DVD player, the picture quality is as good as on my main
desktop. Very convenient.
on 24 March 2013
My hub is very close though. I subsequently found the TV Internet browser to be terrible so slightly regretting my obsession with getting all the theoretical functionality this provides. I can stream catch up TV and view photos but probably more bother than its worth in the end. The product works.
on 3 March 2013
easy to use/install. but i have had 2 and they seem to stop working after 12 months - the signal strength starts fluctuating between zero and 3 bars (you need a minimum of a constant 3 bars to get internet working). its like they burn out (they do get warm). sony and amazons customer service is rubbish in my personal experience - hence having to buy a 2nd one as sony refused to honour the 2 year warrenty first time round and amazon werent interested - where i bought first one from (quoted sale of goods act and not fit for purpose for price), sony just told me it was faulty and that it would be too expensive to fix it. The 2nd one i bought from pixmania and am hoping for more look with them re replacing this as site boasts 2 year warrenty.
on 5 August 2011
Received my adaptor yesterday Thursday having ordered on Monday. Opened it up and when I had found the USB port on the TV plugged it in. As someone said it does stick out, but who cares. Read the on-line Sony TV manual and got the adaptor to work immediately, it took seconds. By the end of yesterday evening I was really adept at using it. Accessed our local community website, Facebook, Twitter and the BBC. I did find with Sky that it came up with a message that I did not have enough memory, but I assume that is the TV. I also had problems with Flash items which don't work. I was impressed however. The only problem is I was so busy playing with it, I did not bother to use the TV as a TV any more.
on 31 August 2013
The Sony TV I bought with Internet access would not pick up a signal from my router, so I had to by this.
A bit pricey, but it works fine.
You may need to move it around to get best reception.
on 19 September 2012
I have loved all my many Sony products including my Sony Bravia internet TV so quite dismayed to read so many negative reviews about the Sony network adapter. Stupidly I believed them so I've been unable to access internet TV for 2 years!
Imagine then my utter delight when I decided to take a chance - given Amazon's return policy - it works absolutely superbly without ever buffering or losing signal! And all this with the modem upsairs in another room!
Perhaps its because I use BT and have good speed - totally pleased and really regret believing the negative reviews. Its all relative!
on 18 January 2012
Before buying the Sony USB WiFi adaptor, I read many reviews about the restrictions of online content available - in particular we use BBC iPlayer a lot on PCs in the house but was pleasantly surprised that iPlayer popped up straight away when this device was plugged into our 32" Sony Bravia. What I really like is that given we have a bog standard Talk Talk broadband (registers about 7 - 8 Mbps on various download testers) + an oldish Lynksys WiFi gateway, when using this device, iPlayer works really nicely in HD on the TV. Also we have various other devices that hook into the WiFi and I was concerned that when one or two members of the household are using these the streaming of iPlayer to the TV would be adversely affected - in general this is not the case. In summary, although as a USB WiFi adaptor this would seem expensive, I think it was well worth the cost.
on 13 December 2011
Bought this to be used with a new Sony tv. Really easy to set up (just followed the guide that came with the tv).
Now can watch Internet tv directly on the tv.
Signal strength is good and the picture is great it also picks up my laptop on the network and can watch Videos/Pictures from my laptop Very pleased with its all round functions