4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon L110 in laymans terms
Great camera for the price - I keep it in the car for days when I have'nt got my D/slr with me

+ = My main like is that because of its design it similar to a small version of a D/SLR making it easy to grip
It's also small/light with a good lens and focal length producing vibrant colours and good allround image quality.

Easy to use for beginers -...
Published on 17 May 2010 by F. Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money
Published on 16 Aug. 2010 by Tangai

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon L110 in laymans terms, 17 May 2010
F. Johnston (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon L110 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 3 inch LCD, 15x Optical Zoom) (Electronics)

Easy to use for beginers - point & shoot and good range of preset modes with good documentation
There are a range of white balance and ISO options with a handy d/lighting system if you want to get serious.
Personaly it's a fun camera for those instant photo/video moments which if set up correctly can yield excellent results.

Great resolution LCD screen - easy to see and the 720 HD video function is good if you've got a steady hand

- = My main dislike is that the Pop up flash is manual - so it's easy to forget to use it
Not fantastic in low light & must use flash indoors
Stereo microphones for video tend to pick up a lot of noise when outside - wind etc
Extended digital zoom hard to focus, need to use tripod (my advice is stick to the lens zoom capability)
Need to buy a set of fast re-chargeable batteries (about £25-30) with charger

All in all a great little package - Brilliant price & features compared to the competition and can give excellent results with a little practice 8/10
Would be 9/10 if pop-up flash was automatic (but that would make it more expensive)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 16 Aug. 2010
Tangai (Glasgow,Scotland) - See all my reviews
Initially struggled to take decent photos until I experimented with the settings and realised that I actually got better results if I turned off the vibration reduction and motion sensor bells and whistles that come with this camera! And yet the very prupose of these features is to take better pictures :-) Unless I clearly missed a trick in the instructions, my first photos when I took the camera out of the box were horrible, and were no match for even my Nokia 5800 mobile phone pictures (honestly!)so much that I was tempted to return the camera.

After experimenting with the settings for a while I finally got the gist of this item and I would happily recommend it for any amateur photographers with 3.5 out of 5 star rating. The zoom is amazing. Have taken a few zoomed in close up shots at distances of close to 50- 60 metres with amazing clarity. Takes good videos too.

It is also quite portable...nowhere near as large as some DSLRs I have seen and for an amateur photographer who doesn't need the full features of a DSLRs you really can't knock this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon L110 digital camera, 3 Aug. 2010
This is an excellent camera for point and shoot photography. The large screen, 12 mp resolution, 15x optical zoom and the HD movie function are terrific. The only negative issue is that the selection buttons are very close to the thumb rest and can be operated unintentionally. A minor issue which does not detract from the generally excellent layout of the controls. A brilliant little camera for the non technical photographer. Well worth the expenditure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little camera, 22 May 2010
Roy Farrant - See all my reviews
After a good deal of research I finally went for the Nikon L110 mainly, if I'm honest, because of the brand. I have now taken 300 or so shots and I'm very impressed with the results. Only reasons it's not 5 star are lack of a printed instruction book (minor irritation) and jerky zoom which I find difficult to set exactly where I want it. Also be warned that the camera is smaller than I expected so does get a bit lost in my fairly large hands, the upside however is that it is just about possible to put it in the pocket of my outdoor rain jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon fan now, 17 Feb. 2011
P. J. Long (England) - See all my reviews
Only complaint I have about this camera is the zoom lens. It's simply too fast and too good.
I am getting on a bit so perhaps it's me. Apart from that this is a camera and a half.
For many years I have been a fan of Fuji cameras. They are very good and I would not say anything against them.
Their lens are superb and I've never had a spot of bother with the ones I have owned,
But there is something about a Nikon that sets it apart. I'm not certain, really, if Nikon
really is better or if it has that strange star quality that some things/people/places have.
Can't really put my finger on but Nikon has got it in spades. I bought this camera as my
glorified Kodak Brownie. (Ask your Grandparents). My big camera ia the D5000. For the price
asked for the L110 the quality of the lens, the body, controls is quite remarkable.
Apart, as I've said, the zoom being soooo fast!!!! I would recommend this to anyone, beginner
or professional. It's quite simply the best point and shoot camera I have ever encountered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Digital Camera best buy for the price, 21 May 2010
bishnu Gupta (London) - See all my reviews
I consider its a best product available in this affordable price and giving the SLR look. Photographs from this a excellent one. Most of the important next day delivery by Amazon is really surprising and amazing for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon L110, 8 May 2010
Agnes Hitre (UK) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely satisfied with this item. All descriptions were appropriate and this camera was for a very decent price. I am very happy that I chose this one. Thank you very much!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great apart from a camera lens issue., 13 April 2011
Buyer beware, a great camera but take a battery out when travelling with the lens cap on. I had it in a camera bag within my bag, and the camera must have been trying to repeatedly turn itself on bashing the lens into the lens cap. Probably a tiny piece of debris got in the way and has promptly taken a chip out of the lens. Why dont a reputable company like Nikon warn you about these things, or sort out design faults like these out so it doesnt happen i.e. if the lens cap is on the camera wont operate. Very unhappy now with my lovely new camera, I had only had it a week. So now at least if you buy this camera you will be aware of this problem, and dont end up with a damaged camera like mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix L110 Review - Bridge Cameraz - Compacts on Steroids, or Weedy Digital SLR's?, 18 Feb. 2011
The Nikon Coolpix L110 is one of the best Bridge Cameras around, featuring 12.1 Mega-pixel shooting, as well as 720P (1280x720) HD Video. The Video also supports Stereo sound, something i did not see advertised for any other Bridge Camera. A homely 15x Optical Zoom helps this camera stand out. It comes with 4 Lithium AA Batteries (Energizer) although i'd recommend investing in some re-chargables for normal to high use. the batteries supposedly shoot approximately 840 still images, but mine lasted about 500, but video drains them a lot more, which while i did not use a lot, i did use it.

The high performance image sensor shift and Electronic VR image stabilization helps with crisper images, while the 3" (7.5cm) 460k-dot TFT LCD Screen with Clear Colour Display shows them impeccably.

The Sport Continuous Mode shot really quickly, anything apart from Formula-Circuit Motor Sports is going to be easy with this, and the Smart Portrait System is actually quite good, although first-time every-time is not a garauntee.

The Motion Detection seems fairly good too, although more of a Compact Cameras feature, as i generally use tripods or supports, it worked fine on the occasion. Nikon's original BSS (Best Shot Selector) is supposed to shoot a maximum of 10 sequential shots and select the sharpest image. It works brilliantly.

My favourite feature though, is that despite the size, there is an ergonomic grip. This camera is not only functional, but comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth the money, 24 Jan. 2011
Very good camera for non-professionals like me. Well worth the money, the only thing I don't like about this camera is that the flash is not automatic, but after time you get used to it.