on 31 August 2014
The phone arrived quickly and looks good. charged it for 15 hours as stated, but then went to use it and people i called could not hear me! tried the volume controls but all i could hear were people saying "hello hello" and they could not hear me. I emailed the seller they said not a problem to return it and they would send a replacement.
They gave me a freepost address and a returns number, so i posted it back to them but before they had received it a replacement arrived at my home. This one works fine so happy, good volume and large buttons, flashes on top when ringing and the ring tones go very loud indeed.
It has good menu layout and its set on amplified for me with my hearing aids, and on a call last night i could actually hear the person talking.
But i would like to congratulate Hearing direct on the smoothness of the returns service and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.
on 23 April 2014
BOUGHT THIS FOR MY MOTHER WHO IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY HARD OF HEARING - BUT WONT ADMIT IT!!!
I BOUGHT HER AN EARLIER MODEL WHICH WAS GOOD BUT SHE SOMEHOW KEPT KNOCKING THE SOUND DOWN
THIS ONE IS GOOD AS THE VOLUME CONTROL BUTTON IS ON THE SIDE OF THE HANDSET AND IS EASY FOR HER TO USE
FAST DELIVERY!
on 24 April 2013
I found the sound was distorted particularly your own voice. The incoming voice kept fading away and all in all I was disappointed. I returned it and am going to try another phone for the hard of hearing.
on 13 January 2014
I ordered this phone a while back. It is okay if you have on speaker phone.but have trouble wearing the hearing aid and not on speaker phone. There is a feedback but some times you can get the balance right. Between aid and volume. I use this phone a lot on speaker phone so am happy with it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2014
My mother in law has found an ordinary phone difficult due to deafness. We bought this as a christmas present and it has been good. The sound of the ringtone and of the caller are adjustable so it can be set to suit.
on 23 December 2015
People I called with this 'phone said what poor quality the sound of my voice was - cheap and nasty was one comment. I called different people and they all said the same thing. I have seen other comments about this as well. Although the incoming call could be turned up quite loud on the speaker, the quality was poor. it was useless for my 91 year old mother in law. The screen wasn't very bright and altogether not a pleasant experience. I can't understand why any company would make a 'phone like this. Iwouldn't recommend this 'phone to anyone. Amazon refunded without any problem.
on 19 May 2012
This phone is very promising. It's quite chunky, and simple to use. I purchased it for someone who has poor hearing, and I have it set up so it's very loud by default. There's a button on the side which can be used by other members of the household, to return the volume to normal levels. So far, so good.

The first problem is that it locks up from time to time. It loses contact with the base station, and stops working. After various experiments with unplugging the base station, taking batteries out of the handset etc I think all you need to do is press the red "end call" button and keep it pressed until the handset powers down, and then power it up again.

The second problem is that on a couple of occasions, the ringer has muted. So if you know the phone is ringing, you can answer, but the phone itself doesn't ring. By going through lots of menus, you can reset this, but we've never discovered how it gets muted in the first place (may be some combination of button presses when it's ringing?).

For both of these reasons, it's a poor choice of phone for someone who is vulnerable and not tech-savvy.

Finally, the silver paint is beginning to wear off.
on 29 November 2014
This phone mosty works great for my 93 year old mum. The only problem is that it has TOO MANY FEATURES that she finds confusing. I can't imagine any of the target demographic wanting or needing any of the features
other than LOUD AND CLEAR. If she accidentally presses a button or 2 and resets the volume and tone controls
(4 butotns are involved) the phone no longer works for her. But I don't want to be too negative.
When it's all set up correctly she can hear BETTER THAN ON ANY OTHER CORDLESS PHONE.
on 11 January 2016
I bought this 'phone for my husband and set it up as directed. It is working well, but it causes all the other phones in the house to have a serious noise interference. It is impossible hear the person on the other end, although they can't hear the interference. I have found that I have had to completely disconnect it to clear the noise. What can it be? Can anyone help?
on 7 June 2011
I bought this for my Grandma and it is a nice phone, thinking about getting one for myself now. Very loud and big buttons so great for older clients