5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine
I purchased this machine when my old Jones 45 year old finally decided to stop working.
I can honestly say that it was easy to set up, clear instructions and does what the instruction book said it would.
Published 20 months ago by Phil

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke 3 months within purchasing
Steer clear of this Brand and the retailer Home Furnishing of Lerwick. Machine breaks within 3 months and retailer cant be bothered to assist in replacing it. Instead they are more interested in threatening 'additional costs' for postage and package if the machine was mis-used.

Janome also threaten a £54 fee if the machine was mis-used. World gone mad...
Published 10 months ago by SuperSaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
I have made a canopy and new covers for my hammock swing seat, made a very pretty apron for my daughter to wear over her wedding dress when eating her wedding breakfast, made silk pocket squares for the groom, ushers and my hubby, my old machine would not cope with the variety of fabrics I have used.
I would definitely recommend this machine, I love it and can't stop sewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service, fabulous product, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
I was amazed when my sewing machine arrived the day after ordering. Well done!
I was a little nervous when beginning as it has been 20 years since I did any dressmaking (an amateur). However, I was really pleased that it was easy to set up, the instructions for threading the cotton were simple, and it is quite self explanatory for the rest of the instructions. I found the foot lift strange at first (I was used to it being at the back of the foot, this one is at the side), I don't use the needle threader (I find my glasses still enable me to see the needle hole so I won't give up yet). Haven't used many of the embroidery stitches, but I only ever used them on a rare occasion before. It is a really robust machine, very quiet compared to my last one, it runs smoothly and is easy to store with its hard cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sewing machine for both beginners and professionals, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
A great sewing machine with a lot of useful features. Comes with a rich set of accessories,(some extra feet, set of needles, set of bobbins and etc...). High quality materials were used for production which makes sewing machine durable and reliable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to thread, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Really simple machine- feels robust as well and quite quiet. However I chose this thinking it had more decorative stitches on it, but the stitches are more for practical purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Recently moved house and downsized so the machine I had before I gave to our daughter. Now we have moved I decided to invest in another but could not decide on which to buy. Read many many reviews and still could not decide. Watched " The Sewing Bee " on TV and they seemed to favour Janome machines. Read all I could on the product and plunged for this particular model. It's fantastic, does every thing I need and is a joy to use. Would definitely recommend this machine it's great value for money and the delivery service was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Quick delivery. Easy to set up and use. I'd had my previous machine 37 years until it unfortunately broke down. This machine looked ideal for a home user and I've found it very smooth and the stitch selection is great for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine, 7 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
As a beginer I have found the machine easy to use and versitile enough to do a variety of tasks. I reaserched various machines on the internet then spoke to members of our local WI. They ponited me towards Janome and suggested would be a good starter machine with enough capability to do more complex work in the future. Very pleased with its performance on different thickness of fabrics and its overall reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice machine, 13 Nov. 2012
Linda G (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
I bought the Janome 3-24 to replace a Brother ps-33. I wanted a good solid machine with a decent range of functions at a sensible price. So far I am absolutely delighted. It seems to be a better build than my old Brother and just seems to ooze 'quality'. I love the automatic needle threader as my sight is not what it once was. It was very easy to get set up and the manual is probably the best I have come across. All in all, a super machine. It even comes with a hard case, which is rare in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unfussy machine with potential, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
I'm very pleased with this machine. Its quite quiet and drama free which is exactly what I was looking for. The automatic needle threader is fantastic, I know how to use it but cant figure out how it actually does it, its like a magic trick each time! The instructions with the machine are very clear and easy to understand, threading the machine is the simplest I've ever come across. I'm a novice sewer, I had bought a second hand machine a while ago but kept having problems with it which put me off sewing, this new machine as refired my enthusiasm. I read all the reviews as I wanted a simple machine to use but one that had potential for me to grow into as I learnt - thats exactly what I got. Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A machine that works - at last!, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
This is the third sewing machine I have owned in the last eight years. The first gave up after only six weeks, so eventually I borrowed one from my mother-in-law and struggled with it for two years - every time I used it there were problems and even the simplest of tasks took days to complete. !well that machine finally ground to a halt and I decided that the time had come to buy myself another new machine. After some advice I bought this Janome and what a revelation! Everything I want it to do it does without complaint, without stopping, without breaking threads, without huge tangles of thread under the material. It purrs gently and stitches accurately. I don't ask much of a sewing machine, but this one has given me he confidence I lacked before to actually go out and buy pattern and material and create a garment. I love it!

Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine