5.0 out of 5 stars The best batteries toothbrush ever
Incredible results. Very handy, extremely comfortable, light and effective. Battery consumption is very low, so that its duration is huge. Highly recommended.
Published on 22 Feb. 2013 by Enrique

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but....
Between my wife and I we have had 3 of these over the last few years. They work very well for a while, then in the end the battery cover cracks when you change the batteries and you have to throw it away. Been the case with all three of them so far. Although it takes a couple of years to get to this state. Very good, but you will need to buy a new one very couple of years
Published 21 months ago by D. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars The best batteries toothbrush ever, 22 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush., 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Bought two of these at Christmas for my daughters - aged 11 and they are fantastic. Great brushing action. Really get teeth clean as kids tend not to be able to get into the tricky bits. The original batteries are still working three weeks later. Will move to rechargeables once they have powered down. Would highly recommend this brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly portable toothbrush, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Bought in April 2014, I've waited until now to give a review so that the toothbrush was thoroughly used.

These Oral B AA battery operated toothbrushes are excellent for everyday use or for when going on holiday. Admittedly, not as light as a manual toothbrush but then they won't add a huge amount of weight to your luggage either.

The only issue with them is that you need to be careful with the battery cover - some have stated that it cracks easily. The battery cover can get broken if you try to close it unevenly: there are 2x catches on the inside of the toothbrush that have to be squeezed together from the outside in order to hold the battery cap on. The catches can be a little difficult to squeeze together, but if you put the battery cap on, then place the toothbrush on a flat surface, squeeze the catches together whilst pressing down this works fine. The moment you try to force the cap over the catches without squeezing them together or not having the cap level is when the cap can split/crack.

Invest in some re-chargeable AA batteries. You'll save on the cost of Alkaline batteries.

Apart from the aforementioned small issue - its an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as and better., 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
The Braun Oral-B battery-operated toothbrush was bought to replace a similar Colgate toothbrush that I keep in my travel wash bag. It had not performed well, more or less since it was bought.
The Braun Oral-B battery-operated toothbrush seems to be a much better unit. It seems to be more robust and I can see little or no difference between it and the mains rechargeable one that I already have in the bathroom.
Indeed, I expect that, when the bathroom one finally packs up, I shall replace it with a battery-operated one like this.
Although nowhere in the instructions is it indicated whether the toothbrush can be used with rechargeable batteries, I checked with the company (it is marketed in the UK by a division of Proctor & Gamble) to see.
Their Customer Service assure me that it can, so, it's virtually the same as having a mains rechargeable unit.
I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Someone has made a battery toothbrush that is good quality. I am really pleased with it and so is my husband.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., 8 Jun. 2013
D. Thompson - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great better than cheap models, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
I bought this as I'm sick of buying new toothbrushes every time the batteries want changing as the cheap unbranded models are very hard to remove the battery cover and as I don't have much strength I can't do it and these ones are very easy to remove. Still using batteries that came with it as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good product!, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
There were some negative reviews but on the advice of my Dentist, I bought 2. My heart sank when I found the language on the boxes was in German. Also the instructions for inserting the batteries was hard to see.

However, I am pleased to say that now having used one since March 2014, I am very satisfied. Yes, the take some getting use to as the vibration leans towards ticklish. lol

What I do is to brush my teeth with a normal toothbrush. Then I go over the teeth using this Power Toothbrush. This means I do not have to try to place toothpaste onto the brush. It also reduces the amount of past running down the handle. I have just changed the batteries as the action of the head was slightly less than had been. I use rechargeable batteries.

It's a good product!

1.0 out of 5 stars next time however when I opened it there was rust everywhere - apparently the isolation is not good enough and moisture got in, 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
The brush itself is ok, but the batteries are simply a huge pain. The compartment is too small to fit them and it's major frustration time when you have to replace them. The first time I managed to do it with a lot of pushing, next time however when I opened it there was rust everywhere - apparently the isolation is not good enough and moisture got in. I cleaned it as best as I could but it was not meant to be - when I tried to force close it again the cap cracked and the brush is going in the trash. Do not buy this, add 10 more quid and buy a proper one with internal battery. It will have another benefit too - rechargeable batteries are not meant to be charged constantly when they get to 50% for example - so as the charge gets lower and lower the brush starts working more slowly and doesn't do such a good job. My GF has a normal electric toothbrush - it is full most of the time and there is a noticeable difference in power levels.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better autonomy than rechargeable versions (if you use good batteries), 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
I have used rechargeable versions for years now. Recently I moved to the UK and bought this LR6/AA battery powered version because it was way less expensive than rechargeable ones. It turns out that this lasts quite longer than the rechargeable one.

It doesn't have a timer, which is the only downside that I can think of.

Well, it's not very eco-friendly to use non-rechargeable batteries, but then you can always choose to use high-capacity rechargeable LR6/AA batteries, and if you manage them well, you may always have a pair of full-charged batteries !

I'm happy with this purchase and I even believe that I won't buy any of the rechargeable ones anytime soon. This one is cheaper and works very well.

Update, 2 weeks later: well, replacing the batteries on this model took me more than 5 minutes because the cap wouldn't get back on. I expected to change the batteries very often (with rechargeable ones) in order to have it work at full power most of the time.
For this reason, now I give it 2 stars because if I had known, I wouldn't have bought it.

Braun Oral B Advance Power Toothbrush