5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up .. this is not a drill!
For many of us life 'slips by' in inconsequential years, our impact on the world being measured not by what we have done -but by resources consumed. This book un picks the 'American dream' (for which you can substitute the 'Western' dream) and opens eyes and provides a challenge of an alternate view, a better way to true contentment.
Published on 28 Feb. 2011 by peter c

2.0 out of 5 stars David Platt makes many good points in this book
Published 10 months ago by R

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up .. this is not a drill!, 28 Feb. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-read, 24 Oct. 2011
E. Harding - See all my reviews
This is a great book. It has impacted me more then I can say and hope I will be more faithful in carrying out the 'great comission'. This is written by an American to an American audience, but it certainly can be applied to British Christians. What he says is stuff we should already know, do, think like, etc as Christians, but so much of the time in the West we don't because we're too comfortable. It is sad that this book ever had to be written, but I am thankful for it. Mr. Platt does not hesitate to 'call a spade a spade'. He is very clear and easy to read. He has no political agenda. He is, most importantly, Biblical. He writes this to see God glorified. Christ emptied Himself for us and called us to take up our CROSS and follow Him.

If you're not sure about buying this book, you can read the first chapter for free online, just Google it. Even the first chapter is helpful by itself.

2.0 out of 5 stars David Platt makes many good points in this book, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream (Kindle Edition)
David Platt makes many good points in this book, however there were also many that I just couldn't quite agree with, and some which (and perhaps it was just the wording) did not seem overly Biblical either. Having read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, which is a book on a similar theme, I think Chan approaches the topic from a less "aggressive" tone; Platt sounds as if he's perhaps still a little too frustrated with the issues. Both authors make some radical/crazy suggestions, and I appreciate their zeal, but I think on this topic, Chan has the better approach and would therefore recommend it over Radical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!, 12 Jan. 2014
I highly recommend this book!! Powerful, challenging and very thought provoking!! More than that though, it's changing the way I think and what it means to be a Christian. I'm wanting more than ever for there to be less talk and more walking the talk, so much so that a good Christian friend has also purchased the book and we're meeting weekly to prayerfully look at ways to start applying the challenge of this book and God's word to our lives!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first class book, 15 July 2013
My wife introduced me to this book. This book is a must read and a must do book. I have been challenged and highly recommend that every believer reads this book and puts it into practice. I recommend it everywhere I go. We r overseas miss o Marie's and still found ourselves very challenged. Praise God for David Platt and may God bless him as he serves and lives the life of Christ among his flock in Birmingham and the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!!, 15 Dec. 2012
My youth pastor, who I work with, started to quote a lot from this book. So I bought it, wanting to see what all the fuss was about.
I am so glad that I did. This is an inspiring, incredible book. I recommend it to all who are wanting to see the works of a Marvellous and Wonderful God, who does still walk and move with His people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 29 Aug. 2013
This is a book that every Christian needs to read, David Platt looks at the church in America, although that could easily be translated to anywhere in the developed world, then he compares it with what he reads in the gospels, his conclusions are mind blowing and life changing. Don't miss it, this could change the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awakening!, 16 May 2015
The best part is that it's really radical in terms of biblical standards, it's just highlighting the biblical standards! And that's completely radical compared to our way of life nowadays!

Thank you for writing such an incredible book and I pray that God will continue to work through you in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Dec. 2012
This book should come with a health warning - you could not fail to be challenged by it. So if you would to dawdle along, with a life you're comfortably existing in, don't order it! On the other hand if you want to be challenged to live out your Christianity by a talented down to earth author, hit buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Affluent Christians won't like this book, 16 Jun. 2013
R. Wilson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The most ardent Christian, especially those in the western world, will not want to read how their affluent lifestyle and abundance of possessions hinders an obedient walk and transparent relationship with God and the majority of people in this world.