5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For All Coaches (even if you don't have kids), 22 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This book not only tackles the challenge of supporting our children to be totally successful, empowered and resourceful but also has the unintended effect of being one of the best coaching manuals around.
The wealth of examples, coupled with cutting-edge coaching and communication techniques drawn from NLP and psychology really give you a sense that no problem is insurmountable. It's also written in down-to-earth language which makes me feel the authors really love their subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping with concentration, 1 Feb 2006
My daughter Nicola has occasional difficulty concentrating at school and since reading the book, and using the tools, she has begun to realise the benefits of concentrating when she chooses. After attending Parents evening have been informed of her A grade in a French Test. I will continue to use the book and i am certain Nicola will go from strength to strength.
Parents buy this book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an accessible find, 6 Jun 2006
Mrs. Mary Rollinson "Dee Rollinson" (Dee Rollinson) - See all my reviews
When I first got hold of my copy of the Coaching Parent I was very busy and it was my intention to put it to one side until I had more time to read it. However, I began to browse and was hooked. I was particularly impressed by the ease of reading - I was able to dip in and move about without getting overwhelmed in psychological jargon. The authors obviously have no need to hide under a security blanket - very refreshing. They have managed to make many complex, psychological concepts accessible to all. The end result is that the reader loses nothing but gains a great deal. The intended audience of the Coaching Parent is seems obviously - parents - this said, it is my own belief that the book can easily be adapted to suit any audience.

Dee Rollinson; Contemporary Artist; Counsellor and Group Facilitator

5.0 out of 5 stars practical ideas that work with your kids!, 2 May 2006
Mr R (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
In the corporate world we can spend a great deal of time and effort in training and development for better business success. Strange how when it comes to the demanding job of being a parent, we are much more likely to trust to luck and instinct.

"The Coaching Parent" gives every parent the chance to stand back and look at how they approach doing what may be their most challenging job. In this book, David Miskimin and Jack Stewart put together some great ideas to help parents understand and communicate better with their kids, and to influence them positively. The layout and style makes it easy to dip into for ideas, and from practical experience I can say that if you try them, they work.

Here is the chance for parents to arm themselves with some straightforward and practical tools and not just trust to luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Support at your finger tips, 30 April 2007
Having gone through a messy divorce and continually finding myself in difficult situations with my son, this book has helped to build a stronger relationship with him giving me the confidence to make the right decisions for both of us going forward. We have a fantastic, open relationship which helps me deal with anything that is thrown my way.

It has also helped me in my working life by building a stronger bond with my team taking them from an average perforamnce to one of the best in the country.

4.0 out of 5 stars great new spin on help with parenting, 13 Jun 2006
Lisa Doodson - See all my reviews
Like all mothers, I'm constantly asking myself if I'm doing the best for my children, giving them the tools they need to become independent, happy and successful in their lives. The Coaching Parent helped give me confidence to know I was on the right track together with a few tricks to help when I'm less certain! It's well thought through and very easy to follow. A great book for all parents.'