5.0 out of 5 stars Great value printer
I was looking for replacement cartridges for a Lexmark printer, and was asked for around 30 for black ink for an oldish printer. Once the shock had worn off, I looked around and found this printer with ink for about the same. No brainer as far as I was concerned.
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by Dodster

2.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive ink
I bought this in a shop for about 20 and was very surprised by how good it was. Both in terms of quality and speed. I thought for such a cheap printer, it was great. Unfortunately I mistook their business model. The ink cartridge I got with the printer has now run out and trying to buy a replacement, the cheapest I can find around here is 25. Yes - a small plastic box...
Published on 14 April 2012 by carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value printer, 18 Jun 2011
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2702 Colour Printer (4800x1200dpi resolution, Borderless Printing) (Electronics)
Not the quietest or quickest on the market, but the prints are good quality and it appears to be fairly economical. Replacement inks by Canon are reasonable, if not cheap, so I think I will stick with this until it dies. Note that it does not come with a usb cable.
Otherwise, great value printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA iP2702 Colour Printer, 6 Jan 2013
This printer is a little noisy because it sounds like a jet's engine down the runway preparing to take off. It lacks a paper tray to catch the printed pages. However, it is a good printer for many reasons:
a. it is small enough to take on trips and can easily fit in a hand luggage if travelling abroad
b. I love its slick and stylish design
c. it is very fast when printing
d. the cartridges are a little pricy but of very high quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer overall, 31 Aug 2010
Now it's so difficult to have a printer that only prints as all of them out there are sold as "combo" with lots of other functions.
This printer is so amazing ! It's quick and silent. I haven't given the maximum score because the ink is not that cheap (although not the most expensive ones) and there is one thing that it lacks: no tray when the printed paper comes out. So if your printer is on a shelf, all printed papers will invariably fall down. Imagine if you are printing loads...

4.0 out of 5 stars great value item, 28 Feb 2012
does exactly what it says on the tin.

I needed a cheap printer for work and after reading some reviews this was the one I went with. I was not dissappointed. For the price I paid 25 its a fab item.

Was a little boxier than expected (but thats my fault for not checking the dimensions!)

A small hint. When it says the ink is low it's not. I got an extra 40 b&w print outs before the quality started to fade. Also amazon has the cheapest replacement cartridges for this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 31 Aug 2010
Far more reliable than Epson, or HP. This machine has not let me down.

It prints very easily in B/W or colour without any smudge.

Need a 6x4 colour or B/W photo...no problem.

This is by far the best printer I have ever had, its easy to use and reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Printer nice price, 17 Jun 2011
I took the 'used' option and have no regrets, the packaging was a bit tatty, however the contents were mint condition. All the manuals were there and set up took a wee while but it was basicly simple, for once I read the instructions first, and now have an excellent printer that is much queiter than my old Canon.
The print clarity is also superior to the i250 it replaced, thank you Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the money, 16 Nov 2010
Mr. Christopher R. Rae (Taunton, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Plugged it in, had it running within a few minutes. its quick, reliable and quiet. The standard of the documents i have printed out has been flawless. It does come with ink cartridges, both colour and blank and white just in case anyone was wondering. Could do with a tray to catch the paper i suppose, but i am just being picky. Nice product

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for those in a hurry, 14 Nov 2010
A. Chell "Avid reader" (Staffordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
For what it costs, this printer gives excellent quality output. As with any item built down to a price, however, there are some compromises. Foremost among these is the print speed. If you're likely to regularly print a significant number of pages, this isn't the printer for you, but if you occasionally need to print out homework or the odd letter (or even photo) this printer does the job.

Watch out for the absence of an output tray when choosing a site for the printer, as the printed pages can fall and smudge if they hit something before the ink dries. Equally, holding the page to stop it falling can also lead to smudging. Handle with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA iP2702 Colour Printer, 31 Oct 2011
P. McHugh (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have an Epson r2400, which is a very high end photo printer. The problem though is that it has 9 ink cartridges. They all run out at different times, and every time you change a cartridge ink is used flushing the heads. So I wanted a inexpensive day to day printer with just two cartridges. Colour and B&W. I read the reviews here, checked the price of spare ink cartridges which are average, not bad. Bought it for I believe about 32. Have to say, I have it about three weeks, I have done a business mailing with it already, it is very fast. The type is dark black and sharp. On letterheads my logo prints well in Colour. I have not printed photos on it, expect I probably won't use it for that. It definitely punches above it's weight. Have to give it 5 stars because of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Printer!, 6 Mar 2013
I bought this printer before my wedding, as I'm a designer and I wanted to design and print all the wedding stationary myself. This is the only printer I could find that actually print on thick paper (300gsm), is quick, cheap and not very noisy.
Yes would be great with a drawer to collect the fresh print once is done but I don't really miss it, I've just got a piece of cardboard from an only shoes' box. Brilliant really recommended!