5.0 out of 5 stars The pick of the bunch.
I've watched most of the comedy releases and this is by far the funniest, most quotable and definitely one for repeat viewing. I hope he can keep producing this sort of quality, a very naturally funny man / boy. Not as clean as his TV stuff but by no means crude or offensive, the perfect balance.

Delighted with it. Good luck son.
Published on 11 Dec 2010 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Kevin Bridges - the story so far
I was a bit disappointed. I've seen Kevin Bridges before and always thought he was really funny. Only funny in bits.
Published 15 months ago by Dawn Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars The pick of the bunch., 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Kevin Bridges - The Story So Far...Live in Glasgow [DVD] (DVD)

Delighted with it. Good luck son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kevin Bridges Review, 25 April 2011
Fiona Syme (Hamilton, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This was excellent. I had seen Kevin Bridges on TV and found him hilarious so decided to buy the DVD. I certainly wasn't disappointed. Laughed from start to finish. The best young comedian on the scene for years. Would thoroughly recommend this to anybody who likes good observational comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Genius!, 7 Mar 2011
Kevin Bridges is an absolute genius! I have watched this at least 20 times since I got it and it just gets funnier each time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on TV but brilliant live, 10 Nov 2010
I have seen most of what Kevin Bridges has done on TV either during the broadcast or later through YouTube. I have never been disappointed by his contribution to any of the shows he has been part of. Only very occasionally does he not get the laughs from an audience or a thumbs up from me.

Then I saw him live in Oban in the middle of October. He was brilliant. Topical, cutting, silly, sarcastic, ironic, dead pan - he hit every possible mark with ease. I am not a huge fan of stand up. I never have been. Most comedians can make me chuckle here and there, but for the entire show in Oban I was laughing out loud. He does his homework, and his timing is outstanding. The fact that he is able to genuinely laugh at his own stories makes him more entertaining. Twenty three years old - he has a long career ahead. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotland's hottest new comedian - could he become the best ever?, 24 Nov 2010
Colin (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Just watched Kevin Bridges new DVD, and I can safely say it is the funniest stand up DVD I have ever seen.

As long as you don't mind his excessive use of the "f word", then you will absolutely love this. Even I don't like the unnecessary use of swearing, but this is just top, top notch stuff.

I really hope Kevin just gets better and better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the most consistently funny stand up EVER, 15 Dec 2011
First let me say that I cannot believe that this has 1, 2, or even 3 star reviews. The review that mentions him in the same bracket as Michael Mcintyre, & John Bishop, as spoon fed comedy, is in itself a spoon fed review from some one that is up their own a***. I have heard this line from several people now, and it in itself is the epitome of laziness, and as original as "why did the chicken cross the road"; get a life. This is working class comedy, it appeals to the masses, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I enjoy comedy on all levels, from Bridges, to Rich Hall & Ben Elton. There shouldn't be any snobbery in comedy.

I was born in Glasgow, but living in London most of my life I have lost my accent. I have however been surrounded by family members with strong Glaswegian accents, so have no problem understanding the humour. Yes, this whole routine is based on Glaswegian themes, but for someone who is so young (born 1986), it's not surprising that his experiences will be somewhat limited - not very well travelled, no children, not married etc... something other comedians can draw heavily on. This for me was good, as it meant he could go into detail about many things I could personally relate to. He didn't jump from children, to politics, to reality TV, as if just going through a pre-prepared list of jokes.

To try and be neutral, as everyone has their own taste in music/film/art, I would say have a look at some of the clips of this routine on Youtube, and if you think he isn't for you, then don't buy it.

I will say this, my favourite comedian of all time is Billy Connolly, but after watching this stand up it's going to be hard to watch Billy again as he feels slow by comparison. This will be a great addition to my small Blu-Ray collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stand up comedy, 6 Jan 2011
Peter Wade (Colchester England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Before I write a review I always read the worst reviews.

A comedian is either funny or not. Why worry if they are not doing anything completely different. How many types of humour are there.

I am amazed that stand up comedy is still so popular as it has been around for a while now but along come a new crop that are just as funny. He is on a par with Dara O'Brian, Lee Mack and John Bishop who have come to the fore recently.

I saw him on his first mainstream appearance doing the bus stop joke. He obviously appealto a younger audience and he has loads of Scottish references which his audience love.

Stand ups have to be the master of verbal decterity and they are intelligent to notice what we all see but can't make humour out of.

I wonder if the critics have the skill to make an audiennce of complete strangers fall about laughing. I dont mind the eff word as long as it is funny. He is not as offensive as Frankie Boyle but they all have their place. He kept clear of bodily functions which suits me as I regard that as lazy comedy to just talk about bum. fart, willies.

He will be lucky to last long in such a competitive profession but he certainly has the skill.

The DVD industry and the media must love stand ups as they are a cheap form of entertainmnet. One bloke on a stage talking about his life what could be simpler.

I am definitely not his target audience as I am far too old but I thought it was great entertainment and I give it five.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIlarious, 20 Nov 2012
I bought this for relatives in Ireland who amazingly hadn't seen Kevin on TV and wanted them to see how brilliant he is. I've seen him live three times, including the recording of his new DVD, and he is stomach and jaw achingly funny. Better even than Michael McIntyre and Peter Kay and that's saying something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dearie me!, 5 Mar 2011
The camera panned round occasionally to the audience - and there were many with dour faces - I can only assume they were the offended from Edinburgh, because this is funny. Grown-up son loved the stint about fathers throwing away instructions to DIY because to follow them is proof of being a poof. I love the way he strings out single words to give them cannon-like impact at the end of a sentence, and leaves it hanging there while his head nods with everyone else at a truth uncovered.
Entertaining and a great birthday present from my grown-up daughter - both are English by the way, and understood every word!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great timing, 10 July 2014
Came perfectly on time even way before I expected

Kevin Bridges - The Story So Far...Live in Glasgow [DVD]