VINE VOICEon 9 May 2010
I've been using Norton 360V3 for over a year now on three PC's of varying vintages (old to ancient) with no problems at all, but when my year's licence ran out I decided to upgrade to V4. I un-installed V3 as instructed with the Norton tool and then installed V4.

Firstly, for some reason I cannot access my Norton Account, although the licence has been recognised. I suspect the site is down at present as a non-Norton PC can't get it either. This means an irritating popup on every boot. More importantly, I'm certain this software loads the computer harder than before - not a problem if your computer is an up-to-date model, but on my old PIII it's certainly an issue compared to before.

Another concern is reports that once installed, it's still all but impossible to completely remove it, even with the Norton tool. This may not be an issue, as irrelevant registry items would just sit there (hopefully), but even so....

As for the rest, this software works well I found and is much as before, the features explained well in another review.

I basically like this software and what it does, but there are reservations sadly..
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using Norton Internet Security 2009 for the past twelve months, and have found the protection second-to-none - so Norton 360 is the natural progression now my subscription needs renewing. Thankfully, the installation disk seamlessly removed the previous Norton product before installing in a short time with absolutely no problems at all.

Apart from a slightly swisher interface, the product looks familiar to previous users of Norton products, with easy access to the core features - security, backup and PC tune-up. A very welcome addition is the inclusion of 2GB of online storage in the backup facility - very handy as an emergency, off-site / away-from-home store for your most valuable files.

With licences to use the product on three PCs, AND the facility to download a version from the Internet for your non-CD netbooks and portable Windows computers, Norton 360 offers excellent, accessible and unobtrusive protection for all your computing.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a terrific product for all but the most technical among us. It combines all that's great about Norton Internet Security with a very friendly interface and a whole lot of tools that run quietly in the background to go far beyond antivirus and firewall. It installed very easily on Win7 and had minimal impact on system resources. I experienced no problems with it at all.

Downside? Well, once you start delving into the depths of the interface (which few users are likely to want/need to do, I suspect), it's much less slick. And more sophisticated users may already have many of the bolt-ons, e.g. backup and tune-up tools. Experts might prefer to stick with NIS for those reasons.

Overall, a top choice for the majority of PC users.
VINE VOICEon 24 June 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used most versions of Symantic Norton software over the years. I stopped in about 2007 when the Norton Systemworks upgrade I bought crippled my three computers.

The Norton 360 v4.0 is a great inprovement. Installed quickly and ran a test immediately.

It now sits quietly in the background with minimal interaction required. Using Windows task manager I can see it uses very little resource until I am 'idle' when it kicks in and does its background house keeping. A nice touch.

I used to use Norton Ghost backup software to keep a clone of my disks but now use Acronis True Image instead, so this feature has not been tested.

All in all, a good safety product for those who want to fit and forget.
on 2 May 2010
When my trial version Internet Security on my new PC expired I invested in Norton 360 v4. I heard some feedback from friends that Norton slowed up their PCs but I thought this was just exageration, especially as all the PC magazines seems to give them good reviews.

Anyway the installation is pretty quick - under 2 minutes - but unfortunately this is as good as it gets. Since I installed it now takes me around 3 minutes just to boot up. Browsing the web is painstakingly slow - just loading pages like Hotmail and BBC Sport can take minutes. I wonder if all the site checking functionality of 360 is really necessary or the cause for this poor performance.

My PC is only 1 month old using a dual core processor, Windows 7 and 3gb RAM - and I have so far only have used 20gb of the 500gb hard drive. So I don't have any of the clutter that can normally slow your PC performance that security solutions get blamed for.

I am so frustrated by this experience I have decided to write of the £60 investment I made in 360 and go buy Internet Security another vendor.
on 15 January 2011
I had Norton internet security years ago, it was bloated and slow and inefficient.

However this Norton is light, fast and excellent. It's easy to use and Norton 360 has some added clean up tools that make the extra money worth it. For the price I paid ([...] approx)it was a bargain.

The only bug bear I have with it, is that at the moment it has no Chrome support. No, none at all! I even contacted Norton about this and they are aware of this need and are looking into it.
It works on IE and Firefox like a charm though, with an integrated toolbar and safe search.

Overall I would recommend this product, not for the full "Shop" price of around £60, but for the Amazon price of around £30.
on 21 December 2010
Quick arrival, it came before items i ordered first. Top quality, brand new, sealed, with box and activation code, exactly the same product as from high street but it was half the price, WELL worth the money.
I had norton last year when i bought my laptop, my norton 360 years subscription ran out months ago, tried other security programs but not found anything better so had to buy new version. I really do recommend this to everyone, top notch. You'd be a fool not to get it if your looking for the best security plus it saves my family paying for there own with this being valid for 3 pcs, especially with this price thats why i say 5 stars *****!!
on 9 November 2010
Having tried other products (because they have been provided free with PCs for a trial period) I have always found myself returning to Norton and that in itself says a lot to me. I find it easy to use and to date I have not had any problems
on 26 July 2011
Good value as a "catch all" as an anti-virus etc solution. A few on-screen warnings when it has 'found a dodgy site or virus - not too sure how up-to-date Norton is to the virus warnings seen in the press as "global" threats - or whether it is particularly successful at detecting Trojan Horses? However a family member has had a bad experience with a freeby anti-virus which did considerable damage to his PC as it didn't work - so as an insurance Norton 360 is a safe bet!
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Could this be the greatest release of Norton ever?... I'm not a Norton fan, but I'm impressed with this package so far.

I have installed various Norton packages over the last ten years and almost without exception, found them over complicated and a great burden of the resources of even a powerful PC. Like a back seat driver, it constantly concerns itself with your normal internet browsing activity and starts to become annoying, as it asks you for the fourth time, if it should let Internet Explorer access the Internet.

Installation of Norton 360 was easy, and once installed, it hides itself away from the user, quietly and unobtrusively going about its business. I didn't notice any slowing of my laptop once installed and boot times didn't appear to be greatly increased.

If you do decide to seek out the software, hidden away in your system tray, you are presented with a user friendly list of options. Features like firewall settings, identity protection, local and remote online backup and PC tune up are there for users who demand and understand these features.

However, where I think Norton scores with this release is looking after the novice user, not hitting them with untold popups asking if they want to do this, or allow that, it just seems to get on with protecting you.

After a few days Norton did ask me if I wanted to remove forty tracking cookies and permanently block future ones, this was presented in an easy to comprehend manor and once accepted, took seconds to complete.

Overall, a great internet security package.