on 4 December 2010
My son (age 6) and daughter (age 2) both enjoy this game. They haven't actually played it according to the rules yet but it still gets regular use as they play with it in their own way. As they get older we can teach them the rules, but in the meantime it is still a good buy and enables you to teach colours, counting and sharing.
on 22 April 2011
I bought Connect 4 for my children aged 3 to 5. The youngest enjoys playing with the chunky counters and the older ones are learning to look out for potential lines of 4. They all want to play it every day, and I enjoy it too. We haven't tried the modified versions of the game that are now included as the original game is so good. Hasbro recommend a lower age limit of 6, and I would agree that this is probably the age at which children could start to have a proper game without being helped.
on 29 June 2011
Bought this for our six year old great nephew, we are in our sixties, he loves it, it is his favourite game at the minute. We sat out in the garden last week-end and had endless hours of fun with it, of course he has "To Win". The only con I found with it is: the bottom release bar is a bit fragile, but with care works well. we will definitely get our moneys worth out of this game.Connect 4 Game
on 20 July 2011
Having bought this game on behalf of the Games society for university, i expected (and hoped) for a sturdy Connect 4 game board which would cater for those who wanted a quick game.

What greeted me when i opened the box was the standard grid made of plastic and an oval-shaped stand. The grid and the stand were easy to assemble and both were decently-sized enough to avoid looking like a cheap travel set. The item also includes two yellow sliders which operate on the oval-shaped stand to keep scores up to 10. In terms of allowing a normal game of Connect 4, this item easily ticks all the boxes.

My biggest complaint would be the large drop from the bottom of the grid to the surface on which you play on. During the release of the red and yellow pieces at the end of the game, the pieces tend to scatter all over the surface unless great care is taken. Despite this, i would still recommmend this item for anyone seeking a normal set of Connect 4.

The game variants offer a new dimension to the game and the rulebook offers rules for 5-in-a-row, a variant which utilises the grids capability to "poke" pieces out from the bottom (which occasionally gets abused when the players become over-excited!), and also has stickers which introduces 'power-ups' to the game. Personally, i feel these variants add more replayability and fun to this item but these variants alone does not make a strong argument to purchase this item, if one is not interested in the original Connect 4.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2013
I purchased these and other games for my classroom. I wanted the year 6 children to have board games to play during wet playtimes
on 22 June 2013
it's my second time to purchase this product for friends' girl birthday presents. product itself is great, quick delivery, the only problem is the item arrived isn't the one shows here, the packaging is boyish, so not so appealing as presents for girls. the first time I thought I might had chose wrong item, but it happened again! didn't return it coz run out of time.
on 26 December 2013
Early delivery...EXCELLENT.
Very good value and will be ordering some more old school games very very soon.
It is a robust structure! Well made, thanks.
on 25 July 2013
I chose this game for my granddaughter as a Christmas present and it proved to be a hit with the whole family. Many hours whiled away very enjoyably.
on 23 January 2014
We purchased this game for our school pupils to play during school wet playtimes. The children chose the game themselves.
on 14 December 2013
Perfect for our family challenges to play each other on rainy days and see who wins, robust and just as described