on 2 April 2010
As with the previous reviewers, the single major problem to my mind with this album is that the emphasis is significantly on 2009 tracks, given its marketed as the 00's, it would be more appropriate to rechristen it as above. I also bought this album with a view to acquiring a lot of those tracks that I've happened to like without the cost and expense of paying for entire albums from the artists involved. This is the main strength of the Now Series, though I've only occassionally bought one since Now 45 or so. Unlike its regularly released series however, this CD set thrives on the variety and quantity of hits.

I'm rather eclectic in my music and I'm relieved this particular album addresses a broad church of music, such as Sam Sparro's Black and Gold, Tony Christie's Amarillo, Mika's Grace Kelly, even Fragma's Toca Miracle. A lot of the pop music in the ordinary numbered Now series tends to lean towards the R&B on one CD and maybe more on the Indie side for the second disc, with a scattering of solo artists or rising stars or just something rock that has broken into the mainstream, leaving precious room (usually tracks 17-20 or so) to some vague unknown groups that I'm sure most people wouldn't recognise, which is weird to be included alongside the biggest names in pop music at the moment.

These CDs will always usually suffer from "Oh I've already got that track" or that you don't particularly like one artist or another, so I usually am cautious when purchasing a Now album these days in case of buying a remix of a previous album. I'm glad to be proven wrong by this particular compilation album which leaves me feeling that I don't already own 90% of the tracks and that I've heard of and can even recall the lyrics of the majority of the songs as I look down the list.

Overall Now albums seem to be a "Marmite" phenomenon and this is an instance I really love the album! An excellent buy if you find you like at least 40 of the tracks!
on 25 April 2012
Ten years of music to select from, what an opportunity to produce one of the all time great albums. But no, once again some really decent tracks padded out with stocking filler tracks. What are the makers thinking ??

Other reviewers have also noticed that a good percentage of the tracks come from 2008/2009. Another missed opportunity I am afraid.
on 23 May 2013
Perfect for the music of the 00's. All the good chart music of the time great for use at a kids party etc...
on 7 May 2013
Cd, all fast, to Spain, lookes as good as a new one 10/10
will re orde moor.love it all 10
on 10 March 2010
As the previous reviewer said, though this box set's billed as being the biggest and best hits from 2000-2009, it's rather heavily weighted towards the more recent hits.

Disk 1 I think is almost entirely 2009, not that I'm complaining, as it was for a number of tracks on Disk 1 that I actually bought the album. Highlights include Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face', Katy Perry and 'I kissed a girl', Coldplay's 'Viva la Vida', and Razorlight's 'America'. Oh, and of course we mustn't forget Take That's 'Shine' (arrgh! I can't believe I'm actually admitting in public that I like a Take That track!)

Disk 2 I'd say is a little more broad in spectrum, but again, very heavily weighted towards the second half of the decade. Maybe it's just my taste in music, but to be honest, Disk 2 lacks anything very interesting really with the exception of Tony Christie still trying to find his way to Amarillo, and James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful' (yeah, I do actually like James Blunt, so shoot me!)

Disk 3 on the other hand tends towards the earlier part of the decade, and has what I'd consider a nice mix of classix tracks from the 00's. Highlights include Robbie Williams and 'Rock DJ', Kylie's 'Can't get you out of my head', Britney Spears 'Ooops!...I did it again', Mel C and 'I turn to you', and of course the annoyingly-catchy-can't-get-it-out-of-your-head Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor (is it just me that's old enough to remember when her mum used to present Blue Peter?) and 'Groovejet(If this ain't love)' which fair takes me back it does....ah!

Slight technical problem with Disks 2 and 3, and Windows Media Player picks up totally the wrong track listings for the two disks - no idea what it thought it was playing, but it weren't the right one! That little problem I managed to solve by ripping the CDs to the music library using the organiser software that came with my MP3 player, which uses the Gracenote database for media information rather than the Microsoft database. Whether it's just my computer or the disks I got I don't know, but it's not an insurmountable problem. If you can't use an alternate database to the WMP one, of course you can always edit the track listing details manually if necessary, though that's a bit of a pain.
on 22 March 2013
I still find this sort of album the cheapest, therefore the best, way to find a really good assortment of music to listen to.
on 21 December 2010
I bought this almost as a panic buy. I needed music quickly that 100+ 30 to 50 year olds would not baulk at, might recognise and even (after a few drinks) dance a little to, at a dinner I had been organising. So I either create another playlist from the well worn tracks on my iPod or get something a bit more up to date, but not too cutting edge. These four CDs were nigh on perfect. The majority of the first two CDs provided me not only with an hour plus of recent music to entertain the masses but gave my two young sons an excuse to prance around the room singing their hearts out time after time plus a pinch of street cred. Why not 5 stars, well as per usual with compilations there are a number of tracks that you wouldn't necessarily buy. However there are still plenty of great tracks and through Amazon it proves great value.
on 28 January 2013
this is the best music from the year 2000 till 2009..great tracks and artist's from around the world..if ya love music from the year 2000-09,than this the music for you..I recommend it..
on 21 November 2013
It was just what I wanted
Bring back lots of memories of the naughties (00's)
I hope other people enjoy this collection as I most certainly did.
on 21 June 2014
Very good selection at a reasonable price would recommend this to anyone who want's a good collection of hits from the first 10 years of the 21st Century