on 28 May 2011
I started making tutorials for Youtube a while back and quickly found Windows Movie Maker to be too basic. I searched around for better editing software, and decided to try out free trials of Corel and Sony. Having only used Windows in the past I found these way too complicated and difficult to use, and was also put off by the high price (£60), so eventually I decided to take a chance and order this for £20.

I make short tutorials and need to add video, photo, text and a watermark to every video, sometimes songs too, and have found this software to be excellent. It offers far more than WMM, but is not as complicated as Corel and Sony so is the perfect bridge between the two. It just allows you to make a video as simply, or as multi-layered, as you want.

I have recently upgraded to a high def camera and was asked to purchase a £4 upgrade to this package to handle the new footage, but that still only makes the overall purchase price £24, which is amazing value imo.

I would happily recommend it to anyone, and many thanks to the previous reviewer for his review, which made my mind up to get this :)
on 20 June 2011
And boy, it has to be a huge box, or small writing. I've always prefered Magix over it's rivals such as Pinnacle, but it's been a couple of years since I've updated. This version is absolutely fantastic in it's overall performance, virtually "magic" compared to my earlier version. And yet, it's still as easy and straightforward to use.
This is a stunning piece of software.
on 16 June 2011
I purchased on behalf a colleague who has seen this in action and his comments are:
"A stable software that performs up to and beyond expectations. Pinnacle and Sony just cannot compete. Current purchase costs appear to belittle this huge piece of software. Have faith in the positive reviews here and elsewhere. I can only give five stars".
on 9 August 2010
I wanted to add a review to balance the only one present here. I have been using video editing & composition software for almost a decade now, including the evolving and highly overrated, if rated at all, Adobe Premiere and also the similarly evolving Sony Vegas and increasingly useless Pinnacle Studio.
The Magix software offers rather more than any of these pieces of software and generally at a much lower price. I won't just repeat the list of functions in the product description, but suffice to say that there are many functions and facilities in the software which are lacking in much more expensive video software and also everything that is in there actually works quite effectively and without frequent crashing (Pinnacle! <spit>) and enigmatic pauses and silences (Vegas 9). Version 16 even renders AVC video better than Vegas Movie Studio 9, which is quite something considering that Sony is the co-developer of this format.
I can't rate it highly enough. Buy it, explore it and see how much is included for the price.
Having just purchased a copy of Sony Studio 10 and found it less stable and useful than 9, Magix seems even more of a good buy.
on 12 November 2011
Been using Magix Movie Edit pro since 2003 and I love it.

This version works on Windows 7 and is optomised for multicore CPUs.

Overall it works in the same way as all the other versions, but this has a few more things added to it.

When you install this, it can up to 1hr to install.....

Start up is very slow and the splash screen blocks the middle of the PC screen until the program's been started so you can't do much until then.

Locations of user files is done in an odd way, you can't tell it to save files in folder x on drive 1, it tells you that it will save files on drive 1 under the folder of Movie Edit Pro 16.

Unlike older versions on this one you can't open two or three versions of the same program at the same time to work on different videos at the same time, you can only open program.

Apart from this the speed of converting files to DVD is fast and it has lots of different formats.

Haven't tried HD as I don't have a bluray burner.

This is software great from converting old VHS tapes to DVDs and lip sync is generally very accurate.

If i needed to buy it again, I would as its great for my needs.
on 28 May 2010
Does the job, I was a bit put out that you have to download and pay for an addition to export to MPEG file format - otherwise excellent value for money.
on 17 July 2011
From what I had read previously I thought this was going to be the 'bee's knees'
but I wish I had not bought it.
The other editing programs that I have used before such as Windows movie maker or nero
are so easy to use. This is so complicated I need a college course to understand it. I bought it
because I have the Magix slideshow maker which is good but I am more than disappointed with the movie editor.
on 2 August 2011
I have had several video editing programmes and this one is clearly the worst, the most unhelpful programme. DO NOT BUY THIS .
Most programmes are easy to use but this will try your patience, stick with known brands like the Sony.
All the blurb about how easy this is to use is complete nonsense.
Keep well away from Magix Movie Edit Pro series.
on 31 January 2015
Its OK, really good.
on 7 June 2011
After buying software for over 15 years, this is by far the worst I've ever bought.

The buyer will need to pay more money to use some of the features that should be included in the original purchase price. (And who would want to trust this company with their credit card details?)

In addition a hugely complicated activation process involving an overseas phone number that does not seem to be active and an intrusive long and complicated form demanding personal details so that they can harass you effectively to buy more of their awful products.

I was not able to activate this software, and therefore was unable to use it. It is not possible to get help unless you already have the software activated, so no help is available.

There was no reply to any of my emails.

There is a phone helpline which costs £9.99 to use. So after all this trouble they expect to charge you even more money to try to get to work what you have already paid for.

In the end, after hours of unsuccessful attempts where the screen just kept saying `activation unsuccessful' and after getting no help at all from the company, I am forced to give up, throw the software away and lose the money I've already paid.

Amazon buyers............take note. Learn the lesson. Never ever buy from this company.