on 24 December 2012
This item is for my granddaughter Christmas parcel. Having searched the net for something different to amuse her I just had to have this toy as it will give her hours of fun whilst making her think and listen to the sounds.
on 2 November 2014
It's actually a lovely quality toy but you can hardly hear the animal sounds! Also the sounds sometimes gets 'stuck' but a little jiggle soon sorts it so isn't really an issue. It's just a bit too quiet so doesn't hold my little boy's attention for long.
on 27 August 2012
Our 19 month old enjoyed matching the animal halves, being rewarded with a animal noise each time. The blocks are well made, seem pretty robust, but a little expensive bearing in mind youngster soon figured it out and moved onto new puzzles.
on 27 January 2014
I liked the idea of these sound blocks as being a variant on the jigsaw and it is also interactive. My boys (2 and 4) do play with it and love to copy the animal noises. I like the fact that its not just heads on one block and ends on the other. there is a mixture of heads and backs on each block so makes the child think a bit more. no quality issues with it and i think its quite a sturdy toy.
on 22 March 2013
My 20month son hasn't really enjoyed playing with them yet. I hope it is just because he had a lot of new toys as gifts and he will be soon playing with his blocks as I really love Melissa and Doug toys!
on 10 March 2012
My grand-daughter loves these blocks, when you match the 2 parts of the animal it makes that animals sound, there is a dog, cockerall, horse, pig, cow and sheep to match up.
on 18 December 2014
Item looks lovely but unfortunately the connections aren't perfectly lined up & it can be very frustrating for my daughter when she has the right animals but it doesn't make the sounds 😔
on 19 January 2015
My son's (1 year and 2 years was bought for my youngest but the oldest like to show him how it works) love these blocks the picture are good and they are amazed at the sounds when they join the correct heads to the bodies, it loses a star for me because you have to put the blocks down at the same time to get the animal sound. This isn't a big issue I know but when they are trying so hard for so long to match them up they look so disappointed when they do it and the noise doesn't come! Other than that it's a nice little matching game
on 13 January 2014
Brought this for my 2 year old Grandson, he enjoys playing with it and hearing the animals noises although wish the sound was a bit louder, better if place on a hard surface.
on 30 December 2012
A lovely toy I have bought it in the past for other chidren
Sturdy and strong

Only complaint ...it should come with batteries inserted

See one answered question