4.0 out of 5 stars All the hits are here, 11 Jan 2010
Phillyfan (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
As much Del Shannon as most people will probably need. The big hits sound great but the others, while good, did not leave me wanting more. Having said that, whether or not you like this, do not ignore 'Home and Away' which is his best album by far and gets more plays by me than this, despite having no 'hits' on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits or Best Recordings?, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I won't bang on about which is the best Del Shannon album or the fact that he was my favourite singer pre-Beatles. There are many Del Shannon albums out there to suit most needs and I have a lot of them already including all the tracks on this album. I bought it after reading somewhere that these Rhino Records digital transfers were taken directly from the original master tapes. I don't know that for a fact but as someone who has listened to Del Shannon records from the early '60s they sound great to me even though they were made in 1990. All his UK chart hits are here except for "Mary Jane" plus some others and they are all in Mono as the singles that were released in the '60s are. Even though I prefer Stereo to Mono some of his records were never recorded in Stereo so hopefully I now have the best of them. These days you have a hard time telling what source the music actually comes from, in some cases the tracks are lifted from vinyl recordings. As I said before if what I read is true that these recordings were taken from the original master tapes then I am quite satisfied with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov 2012
Lesley Mccourt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
Just a brilliant cd . Takes me back to my childhood when my mum used to play his music :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Del Shannon's Greatest Hits, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Fabulous tracks and brings back lots of memories. Shame he's no longer with us as he was so very talented - always a treat to listen to his music.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great artist who is too often overlooked., 27 Aug 2002
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I love Del Shannons voice and the electronic organ sounds of his music. This album highlights a great singer who is all too often overlooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the hits here in original recordings by the late great del, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Great Del Shannon (Audio CD)
just about all the hits here in original recordings by the late great del shannon

Greatest Hits