5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD Player
Bought for my almost 3 yr old daughter (wasnt paying extra just for one in pink!) it arrived in good time and soon as it was out the box my little girl wanted music on. Easy to use, so lightweight and the sound quality is quite good. Had no problems with it and it does the job, doesnt make any noises when switched off and all is working fine. A good buy.
Published on 4 Sept. 2011 by Mumof2Girls

2.0 out of 5 stars No so Grooovy baby!
I brought this for my 2 year old daughter to listen to her music and Bedtime stories. At first glance thought it was fine. The mixed reviews on here didn't deter me from buying the product cause I thought what the heck it's relatively cheap.......

Published on 14 Dec. 2010 by Mr. Andrew Alan Britchfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD Player, 4 Sept. 2011
Mumof2Girls (Leeds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

2.0 out of 5 stars No so Grooovy baby!, 14 Dec. 2010

However, as she is a toddler and likes to bounce about like a kangaroo to the music I noticed it didn't take much before the track would skip whilst playing. In fact half of her grubby CD collection would either not play verbatim or the re-production was so poor that my terrible singing voice sounded better.

Whilst I appreciate the colour "Pink" appeals to all little girls of a certain age and some boys too ;-) it does not detract from the incredible poor and shoddy CD Transport Mechanism. The buttons are hiddeous cheap and definately Chinese and don't follow a particular logical layout. The sound is average and the wheel on the side is easily adjusted by little hands to distorted full volume in a second.

I strongly believe there are better contenders in the market place than Groove. I have sent this back to Amazon and hope for a refund. In the meantime I suggest anyone thinking of buying the Groove to think again. I picked up a Sony sub £40 Cd/Tape/AM-FM Preset player from a catalogue high street company beginning with A. It knocks spots off the Groove and whilst not "PINK" it just works.

Hope this helps anyone wavering to buy to AVOID!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Nov. 2010
Having read mostly good reviews we bought this for our 5 year old grand-daughter but were disappointed with the build quality when it arrived and have now returned it after 3 weeks because the cd player has stopped working.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Jan. 2012
We were buying this just to play our sons cds and was very disappointed when it came and the cd part wouldn't work. It made an high pitched noise as soon as we put it onto the cd function and the cd didnt even spin. The radio part worked really well so we were disappoitned and had the hassle of returning it. We had read the reviews and some had had similar problems with the cd function but i thought it wouldn't happen to me but did so obvioudly a problem with the boombox.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Rubbish - Do not buy!, 12 Sept. 2010
My son's grandparents bought this CD player for his 4th birthday. When we opened the box, there were scratches on the top, and in places, the red paint looked like it was coming off. However, we thought we could live with this as it was likely to end up that way in a short time anyway. On the second day, the CD player would not play any CDs. We had read the Amazon reviews, and there was a similar experience to ours, but we thought they may have just been unlucky. It turns out this is not the case, and both of our experiences show this to be a very poorly made product. Do not buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 14 July 2011
Purchased this little radio for use while working in the garden, the cd player and mp3 capbility were a bonus. The lead for using an mp3 with it is not supplied but only cost a couple of pounds from an online store. A previous reviewer stated that it could not use mp3 but i assure u it does - you just attach it to the AUX-IN hole on the side next to the function and volume controls. Perfectly adequate for what i intended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a little girl!, 21 Aug. 2010
This boombox was a great purchase for my two little girls. It was a good value, and looks lovely and pink, just like little girls like. Plus, it's very robust and can withstand the constant obuse from the kids.

The only downside is that it hasn't got an anti-shock protection. So, if the boombox is being moved or lifted while playing, it can skip. That's the only problem that I've found with it so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a big disappointment : (, 16 July 2010
I bought this for my 7 year old son who loves listening to audio books and Star Wars music. I also was interested in the description advertising that i could 'connect my ipod, iphone, mp3 player'. However this description is false. There was no mention of this feature in the manual nor could I physically find any docking port or connection for any ipod etc. This was very disappointing.

Although I would have kept it as the price was good, but it didn't play any of his cds! We tried at least 6 different ones that played on other cd/dvd players we have, but none of them played on this gorgeous red boombox. And with each non-play we got a 'No' message on the screen. Unfortunately there was no code to let us know what this error message meant.

The radio did work!! And the sound quality was good enough.

Just a big disappointment...

I will be taking my son to a shop armed with 6 cds we know work and buy one that plays them for him!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't play all / any CDs... (faulty product returned), 6 Oct. 2010
Just to share that I also had a faulty product, which Amazon picked up the next day as part of a return (excellent service), and I'm now waiting for the refund to be posted back to my card.

I went ahead and ordered this item despite the another product review saying that they couldn't play some CDs on it, as it happened I couldn't actually play any CDs on this one as the discs weren't even spinning up!

Makes you wonder if they have a faulty batch or something?

Anyway, at least I didn't lose anything ordering with Amazon since their returns process is first rate!

5.0 out of 5 stars little portable radio / CD, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Groov-e GVPS713BK Boombox Portable CD Player with Radio (Electronics)
This is a cracking little portable - bought for my wife who just wanted somthing to listen to at night by way of a story on CD before she goes to sleep. For that purpose it is ideal and to have the radio for this price is a bonus - well worth the money.