5.0 out of 5 stars Nuclear Protection for your HDD
I've decided to buy a cover for a brand new WD essential 1TB, and looked and looked..some at around 20GBP, some 10GBP.etc...then I found this (the cheapest and good looking). I was a little afraid at the beginning, knowing that usually cheap=bad.

Published on 11 Aug 2011 by florinmoisa

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but marginal
The case is made of an acceptable quality plastic.
However there is a problem is that the size of the case.
The size of the case is so marginal that the hard drive will fit only with effort and the two sides of the drive will in essence touch the zipper.
Published on 20 Jun 2010 by Buy original

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuclear Protection for your HDD, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: iGadgitz Black Eva Hard Case Cover for Western Digital My Passport Essential & Essential SE Ultra Edition USB Portable External Hard Drives 160gb, 250gb, 320gb, 500gb, 750gb & 1TB (Suitable for Ultra vers released Aug 2009) (Electronics)

But I was surprised to see that it arrived much faster than the HDD, and when I griped the cover for the first time, this is what crossed my mind:
"NUCLEAR BUNKER" = extremely safe, gorgeous looks, nice handle, nice zipper, simple but effective!

Hope that no-one takes just my opinion in consideration (I might be subjective)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Feb 2010
Just received this along with my My Passport Essential hard drive. Overall its a very good product. The hard drive sits in very tight and the case is very sturdy which gives me some assurance that the hard drive is protected while im transporting it. This is the case for the most up to date versions of the My passport range, but make sure that you are buying the right case for the model of hard drive you have. It says in the title what the case is and isnt suitable for. I bought this hard drive Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black and it fits perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Experience With The Case, 7 April 2010
O. Adeniyi - See all my reviews
The case was more than good did what it was supposed to do as a case. It held everything for my hard drive in place including room for the data cable. It's even good with a bit of shock as well, I've dropped it on the floor with my hard drive inside to know. Would recommend to anyone. Good purchase for the right amount of money you can't go wrong with this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but marginal, 20 Jun 2010
The case is made of an acceptable quality plastic.
However there is a problem is that the size of the case.
This means that the drive will not be fully protected by the case when fall down. I would have expected something better for the prise paid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for WD Elements 500GB Portable Drive, 30 April 2010
I spent a lot of time reading reviews and measuring my drive before ordering this; the external dimensions quoted seemed ample for my WD Elements 500GB Portable Hard Drive - in theory it should have fitted.
The model number for my drive begins with WDBAAR so I assumed it would be ok.
Unfortunately, although it's a nice little case, the hard protective frame is quite thick and the Elements drive has to be wedged really hard into the space and the zip pulled down hard - like zipping up an overfilled suitcase. Even then, it won't completely zip up.
Certainly there's no space left for the USB cable in the little pouch provided.
I'm disappointed. Not the case's fault... but WD Elements 500GB Portable drives don't fit inside this.

5.0 out of 5 stars iGadgitz Red EVA Hard Case is Good!!!!, 15 Jun 2011
This product is great for storing my two hard drives. Perfect fit for my WD 320gb protable hard drive and even better for the smaller Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1TB. Would absolutely recommend it to anyone with a hard drive of similar dimensions.

It feels very durable and the inner padding has a similar feel to memory foam, which makes me worry less about it taking an accidental tumble and fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Oct 2010
Simon Hilton - See all my reviews
Not sure if the previous reviewer got the right case for the right drive...
This case is the perfect size for my WD 1TB MyPassport drive.
I use the drives with my laptop with the case zipped up and the leather loop on the outside is perfect for looping the cable through to prevent it slipping out of the socket.
Very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe and practical, 3 Aug 2012
Compared to the prices of other cases it is really good value for money. It protects your device very well, it has a pocket to put the usb cable which can be quite useful. I bought it in white, it does not look that cheap but if you lookcloser by you can realise it was not that expensive. Maybe in other colours as black itis better. However, i am happy with my white choice as it matches my silver portable hard disk

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit., 20 Feb 2014
Perfect size for my WD passport hard drive (1TB). Fits securely and the cable goes into the mesh netting, and I can attach it to the inside of my laptop bag using the cable clip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial level of protection at a low price., 21 April 2013
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have purchased at least three of an older version of these for storing different 2.5-inch hard drives, mostly for my personal use, but I have also recommended this case to several others. For most traditionally-sized units, this case will enclose the drive and its lead(s) and have a little space to spare. I have even found space in one to include a short 60cm USB extension lead which I needed for one laptop which is stored within the pocket on one side. However, having just bought a WD 2TB My Passport drive which is somewhat thicker than average, the accommodation is only just sufficient to house the drive and its lead. The design of the case with transverse elasticated strapping allows the drive to be used without needing to remove it completely; the lead can be connected for use and returned to the pocket subsequently and the case zipped tight.

The case outer is quite firm and there is sufficient protection between the skin and the soft interior to help protect the drive. The padded exterior patterning adds a little extra protection to one side only. In one instance, one case with the drive inside was twice accidentally dropped about 45-50cm onto a carpeted stone floor and the drive suffered no damage and continues to work. It now includes a metal clip which will allow the case to be clipped to a belt or to a suitable part of a larger laptop case in the event that it may not be possible to store it within. A riveted attachment point is provided on the back and adjacent to the wrist loop. The case will protect the drive from light rain but should not be considered waterproof.

Although there are slightly larger cases, I have yet to find one that is any deeper but with similar major dimensions. Although listed as suited for several specified drives, it will accept many others and of several brands including many of the 3rd-party enclosures (but not quite all) into which bare drives can be installed.

Possibly the best available universal option, unless someone knows of one better.