4.0 out of 5 stars Review based on hardware, rather than games available
As My title says, this is a review on the Kinect itself, rather than what games I have for it.

The camera looks pretty smart and comes with plenty of cable for power and usb connection. You also get provided a USB extender so you can still plug in your wireless adapter if you have one.

The Camera has a motor which adjusts itself to get the best angle...
Published on 12 Nov 2010 by XBL:Hatch87

3.0 out of 5 stars Step backwards? To Where?...
From research prior to release this looked like the perfect present for my boyfriend. Fun games - check, 6 foot of space - Check, Voice Activation - check & value for money - Half a check. So I bought the kinect in the hopes of fun filled evenings with my boyfriend and I wouldn't exactly say they are fun but more adequate.

Pros:

- The Games are good...
Published on 9 Sep 2011 by Steph

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So fun, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Really good and fun to play on. Keeps me active and is so enjoyable with family and friends. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Gathering dust, 16 Mar 2013
Mr. Chris Simmons (UK) - See all my reviews
Enthusiasm didn't last even on 50 inch tv and in large furniture free room now gathers dust, not worth it in long run

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinnect connects, 29 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Arrived in good time, properly packaged, really easy to set up, worked first time, hasn't let me down, great toy, amazing what they can do nowadays!

5.0 out of 5 stars kinect, 23 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ibought this for my grandson as a treat,i hated to see him sitting playing the games,so i thought this would be far better,at least hes up and exercising without knowing it.He has had so much fun,best thing ive purchased for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Add more fun to Xbox, 11 Feb 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
After upgrading my TV, it only seemed fair to add some more gaming fun.

My two Daughters love it and think the dance games work well.

It just about fitts the room space, but consider that you need 2 meter of space or buy the lens refocus unit too.

Worth the purhcase, good fun for familly & friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars family life with the xbox, 7 Jan 2012
Ms. Deborah Mclean "debz" (england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It is fun and ideal for adults and children of 7years plus. I think it is hard when you have a family that consist of more than one child and especially if one is younger than 7 as it picks up there movement. Unless you can send them into another room or staple them to the sofa until it is there go. So take what you will from this on the effectiveness of a family night in with the xbox.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the taller person, 31 Aug 2011
N. Burton "Orange Peal" (Ashurst Wood) - See all my reviews
I'll start by saying it should be brilliant & I so ant it to be. I had dreams of being able to play with my 4 year old as controllers are too big and fiddly for him at present and hey this is also exercise. This is where I encountered my first problem I am 6ft4 & he is 3ft and half the time Kinect thinks he's just part of me and gets very confused (given up on 2 player). Next issue I have just found as the nights grow longer is that in daylight its fine but with our ceiling lights it can't see me. Oh and you do need a lot of space so not for the modern home where space is a luxury (I thought we had a big lounge until I got this)Being a taller person it does struggle to see my head and feet at the same time in the confines of my lounge.Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360)..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Knackering!!!, 12 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got the kinect a little while ago and was really excited. It certainly did not dissapoint. The Kinect Adventures game is really good as a way to show what the kinect can do.

I can see this becoming really big for the xbox and a must have!

BEWARE: it is very tiring!! Much more tiring than the nintendo WII!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars TIDY PIECE OF KIT, 17 Jan 2011
A. A. Brown - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My wife got me a Kinect for my birthday two weeks ago, now I'm a (40 year old gamer)

Setup of the unit was fairly simple and once calibrated works like a charm, provided you have enough room and adjust your lighting accordingly.

The included Kinect Adventures game that came bundled with my unit is great fun and easy to play.

My wife who isn't really into gaming is amazed by Kinect and also has fun playing many of the games.

I managed to get my hands on a few other Kinect titles to see how they played, Dance Central is great and teaches you some cool moves, Kinect Sports my personal favorite Kinect game ATM, and Fighters Uncaged (is actually a pretty good game despite of the many negative reviews, however you have to take the time to master the moves)

Even my son tries to have a go but he's only 2 years old and usually ends up running around all over the place confusing the Kinect camera, but at least he's having fun.

Kinect is the only truly controller free device currently available on the market for consoles so I don't think people should even attempt to compare it with the Wii or Playstation Move, but who am I.

Sure not everything with Kinect is perfect, but with a few tweaks here things can only improve.

Overall Kinect is in a league of it's own, and the future of Kinect looks very bright if the developers continue to create innovative games that people want to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt I had to leave a review, 22 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After being on Amazon for 3 or 4 years now I have never left a review for anything before i don't think which just goes to show how much fun has been had with this already so far.
I got this the day after release and also bought the Kinect Sports game to play too.

Set up was extremely simple, voice control works perfectly, recognition is faultless. I absolutely love it!

I did have to move the furniture around to ensure enough space for two players but have played this at mine and at the girlfriends with absolutely no problems at all.

The only downside is that I'm 40 years old and you really do have to put the effort in to get the most from the games, luckily I am completely over competitive which meant it didn't matter how much pain I was in I just had to carry on. Really suffered for it the next day.

My 9 year old got his first chance to play over the last weekend and surprise surprise he never wanted to leave the house.

I agree with some of the other reviews around the lack of any great games for it yet but it is certainly a game changer in the same way the Wii was when it first came out and once the amazing games start being developed then that's when everyone will start to sit up and take notice.
Imagine COD where you actually are a part of the game hiding around corners! Can't wait!

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa977efa8)

Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures (Xbox 360)
71.99