5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for the price
Published on 19 May 2012 by Derek

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but Not Great
I got this video card as im on a budget and wanted good quality graphics in a low profile card for watching movies through my tv. I wanted it all but didnt want to spend too much and of course you can never get that together! What i have here is an excellent product for the price and does the job well. It doesnt play bluray to the standard i was looking for, if thats...
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by Tanveer Ahmed

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for the price, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card (Accessory)
Bought this as I had a desktop which kept freezing before the login screen. It was basically dead. I suspected it was graphics card but didn't know this for sure. I bought this because it was the cheapest way to find out. It work perfectly and solved the problem. I don't use my computer for gaming so this graphics card is fine for me. If you are looking for an upgrade for gaming, I would maybe look in the higher price range.

Will this fit in your computer? The answer is probably yes as most modern computers have PCIE slots for graphics. To check open your computer, follow the cable from your monitor and see what it is attached to on the inside of your computer. If it is a graphics card(see the picture of this product), check if the writing on the motherboard for that slot says "PCIE", if it does you should have no problem with this card. Some motherboards run basic graphic and you might find you don't have a separate graphics card. If this is the case you should still have a graphics card slot but it will be empty. Just read the writing on all the slots to see if any say "PCIE".

Don't get hung up on different memory types as graphics cards run independently from the computer. My computer has DDR2 memory and this is DDR3. It works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card to bring a older Dual core PC back to life, 28 Jun 2011
Alec (Yarm, England) - See all my reviews
Bought the card for a computer only 3yrs old but starting to lag a bit over graphics and displaying BBC iplayer at full screen was impossible to watch, graphics were onboard (attached to motherboard). This card has vastly increased the speed of the games I have (not modern games) and can now watch iplayer at full screen and no pixel dancing or freezing up on me.
This card thou is not suitable if youre a serious gamer me thinks, even set up in crossfire with 2 of them. To play Modern warfare for example, be time the card has processed the data and refreshed the screen, you'd have been shot 2sec ago. But to bring a older PC back to life, for a new build PC where youre not interested in high end games, or for a Media PC with the low profile bracket its Perfect and with HDMI,DVI and D-sub(VGA) connectors so whatever monitor you have, it will work.
For the PC connection inside the computer, as long as you have a PCI-E 16x connector it should work, whether its PCI-E 16x or
PCI-E 16x 1.1 or class 2.0, They are all backwards compatable and future compatable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping things simple., 24 July 2011
What can I say. A nice little Graphics card, with a good price tag also. Good that it has the HD aspect. It can run all adobe software (photoshop, flash, dreamweaver etc) and can also run games at fairly high spec. The problem I have had with this GFX card is that it can sometimes cause 'Lag' or 'FPS drop' issues when you are playing. (not very often)

I would totally recommend buying this card as it is an excellent price for a neat card. Good for someone who is building a computer, or upgrading an older one.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job for a media centre, 16 Oct 2010
paul "paul" (cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
this low profile video card uses passive cooling (no fan / no noise) and produces a terrific picture with full 1080p blu-ray sources making it an ideal card for a media centre PC - installation was really easy and there have been no issues at all - terrific

5.0 out of 5 stars Sapphire HD5450, 13 Sep 2010
Good value for money and worked first time with Windows 7 and my Dell Inspiron

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for me, 11 Sep 2010
I am not an intensive gamer by any means, I only bought this because it was silent (passive cooling) and because it was DDR3 so it would work with my new motherboard. Windows 7 gives it a Windows Experience Index score of 4.6, which seems low but then again it is quite a cheap 1GB graphics card. It's very low-profile so it would fit in smaller chassis without a problem, and it supports Crossfire so you could buy two of them if you were a serious gamer and link them up. It has an HDMI port as well as the two usual ones so for high-def people, this would do for you.

Like I said, I'm not a serious gamer so I don't know much about the technicalities, sorry! But for me it does the job perfectly and I'm more than happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on old computer running Ubuntu, 15 Jun 2012
I. R. Moore - See all my reviews
I have an old computer (Dell 9150 from 2006) that I wanted to connect to a 30 inch monitor (2560x1600) [long irrelevant story omitted] so bought one of these. Glad that it worked with no problem (and at full resolution) despite the machine being very old, having only 375 watt power supply, and running Ubuntu (Linux). Machine now has second lease of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Result, 9 Aug 2011
Kim Fyson (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
Having a Slimline HP Pavilion computer which has had a noisy and unreliable graphics card (constant crashes and appalling fan noise) for some months,I was really pleased when I found this and installed it quite easily.

Now I have a quiet machine which works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than reviews say, 28 July 2010
Bought 1 of these at first, and my graphics were drastically improved, enough to play Modern Qarfare 2 and Dead Space at full specs with no lag, then invested in another to crossfire and it worked even smoother!
My only downside is that due to its passive heatsink, it gets quite hot during gaming, but a simple solution is to attach a small 40mmx10mm fan onto the heatsink to keep it cool, or at best 2 of these fans.
Overall an amazing graphics card which is vastly underrated

4.0 out of 5 stars awesomeness for 50 quid, 25 Mar 2011
Alex Thorn - See all my reviews
This product is brilliant, i bought it because i wanted a cheap graphics card which had 1gb of memory and supported open gl 3 for my animation. This card did everything i wanted. It is silent thanks to the passive cooling and my old radeon 2600 had the noisyst fan in history! this card is currently outputting a 1080p signal through DVI to VGA adapter into my HDTV great considering im going through an adaptor and my second monitor i am going into via an HDMI. It handles this brilliantly.

Couple of things:
1. quality through HDMI into my 22 inch wasn't great over sharp and looked a little dark too, lots of playing round with settings got me somewhere but in the end gave up and went in via VGA which TBH looked better!

HDMI into my 19 inch however looked great, i can't explain this.

Even wierder is through my 19 inch the vga made it look all blurry, wouldnt advize going through the vga port go through DVI adaptor if you need vga looks a lot better.

Last thing is it for some reason has slowed down the boot up time. My computer now takes 30 seconds to start post once it starts its perfect though. Don't be put off by this cause its probs just because of my chipset and it reactiong wierd or something just something to consider might happen to you!

Altogether 7 out of ten. cause it has a few things like the poor vga quality and things like that wrong nothing huge. Also a dissapointing 4.6 for graphics on the windows index and a 6.1 for gaming which is a lot better shame the normal graphics don't rate higher but who reallly cares about windows index scores anyways.